android
Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default cowon J3 cases?

Just ordered my J3 finally and I like to keep my mp3 players in cases. are there any good skins or plastic cases to help protect the edges?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-15-2010, 02:33 PM

http://rearthusa.com/products-page/cowon/j3/cowon-j3/

there are not the average silicone cases, at least that's what i heard of several "testimonials"

i don't know where you bought it from, but there might be a plastic case in the package already.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 10-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I bought from Cowon's amazon store. I guess i will wait until it arrives to be sure i need to buy a different one.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:45 PM

Rearth Ringke cases. - I purchased a black, blue and green case from http://exportprive.com about 4+ weeks ago now from delivery. Pictured are the black and blue.

I can't find one reason to dislike these cases. Unlike gel cases these do not stick to pockets or bring up pocket lint and are surprisingly smooth. The smoothness is like the JAVOEdge for the D2 if you've ever had that or maybe any of their skins and cases. These feel fairly strong and I'm now interested in a few of these for my D2 as it's definitely stiffer and has a very nice build quality. I feel like these would help cushion the impact of a small drop from say hand to ground as it feels solid and is a rugged little piece of silicone not feeling cheap in any regard.

As you can see in the pictures I've posted, the detail and accuracy of the buttons are pretty spot on. I'm definitely impressed by the case and Rearth did a smashing job here! Export Prive was kind enough to throw in a nice screen protector which helped the overall experiencometer easily lean towards 100% satisfaction. The case colors start on this page - http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-acc...page=3&sort=2a

Old 10-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

very nice...I will be getting one of these if there is no case in my packaging. thanks for the pics!

Old 10-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

nope, no case. time to order. maybe a screen protector too

Old 10-18-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
nope, no case. time to order. maybe a screen protector too
FYI, exportprive.com throws in a free screen protector

Old 10-18-2010, 09:19 PM

Beautiful light and depth of field on your photoshoot Future Tomorrow! Colors are not accurate with those golden exposures (blue looks grey), but we can almost feel the textures... Thank you.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Tomorrow View Post
FYI, exportprive.com throws in a free screen protector
you sure this wasn't a one time thing?
if not, that would be awesome. how much shipping did you have to pay (you ordered multiple cases, right)?

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 10-19-2010, 05:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

so far Ia m batting 0 for 1 on freebies and it isnt mentioned on the site so I might just order a protector. worst case I just have a spare.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadohiosky View Post
you sure this wasn't a one time thing?
if not, that would be awesome. how much shipping did you have to pay (you ordered multiple cases, right)?
Good point. It may also depend on how many items you purchase or your order total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetooman View Post
Beautiful light and depth of field on your photoshoot Future Tomorrow! Colors are not accurate with those golden exposures (blue looks grey), but we can almost feel the textures... Thank you.
Thx meetooman! I hear you about the accuracy of the colors and have since taken "better" and more accurate pictures of the cases on the J3 and in the packaging before opening. These were done quickly for IDvsEGO and ABI reference. I like that you "can almost feel" the texture...there are terrible to very little photos of these online and they definitely don't get close enough to the texture to ease thoughts of what the material may actually feel and look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
so far Ia m batting 0 for 1 on freebies and it isnt mentioned on the site so I might just order a protector. worst case I just have a spare.
I was going to mention the "having a spare" but yeah, mine might have been given because I ordered 3. Let us know how you like it when it arrives.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:05 PM

I also got a silicone case from http://rearthusa.com/products-page/cowon/j3/cowon-j3/
It a very nice case. it will definitely protect the J3 from all the minor bumps a scratches it may encounter.
It does not have the rubbery feel of the JAVOEdge case I have for my D2+ (which is not bad, just different). its more like a smooth velvety feel.

the fit is realy good, like Future Tomorrow said the buttons are spot on.
thou mines a bit lose on the bottom, near the connectors. but its probably because there is not much silicone down there. hmm wonder if i can shrink the case abit.

I also got their Ringbo screen protector. nice clear and unobtrusive protector. the only problems I had with it are. No anti-glare verison.
and the things are a plan in the arss... to get on. the adhesive they have on it is very sticky, picks up any dust or lint in the area. thou once on (with out any bubbles) it looks nice.

BTW nice pics Future Tomorrow.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:05 AM

I have the charcoal Rearth Ringke case - another vote for it here. Fits like a glove, fairly cheap and extremely effective when used with the Exim screen protector.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Speaking of exportprive are they legit retailers??? I just ordered some earbuds last week, hope they don't disappoint.
Cowon J3 32gb + 16gb MicroSDHC
Hippo VB, Sennheiser CX300 II

Old 10-21-2010, 02:06 PM

Those Rearth cases look nice. I usually don't like silicon cases, but I might make an exception.

Normally I look for a flip case that covers the screen (like this one for the iAudio 9, which they are no longer giving away free with the iAudio 9 >.<). Do you guys know of a case like that for the J3? I'd like to stay below $20, but that's probably not going to happen.

Doh!! After posting I looked at the accessory page at jetmall where I found the iAudio 9 case at and what do I see: http://jetmall.net/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=566 >.<

Does anyone know of a case similar to that one that maybe cheaper or better quality?

Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 AM

I'm not a big fan on silicone / rubber / jelly cases. I just ordered an Noreve Cowon J3 Leather case. It looks slick and sophisticated and I think it'll protect my new media player quite well.

http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/prod...Tradition.html

The price is a bit steep, but if you do some looking online, you can find a nice coupon to greatly discount your order.

I'll give a review once I get it.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident77 View Post
I'm not a big fan on silicone / rubber / jelly cases. I just ordered an Noreve Cowon J3 Leather case. It looks slick and sophisticated and I think it'll protect my new media player quite well.

http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/prod...Tradition.html

The price is a bit steep, but if you do some looking online, you can find a nice coupon to greatly discount your order.

I'll give a review once I get it.
That's the kind of case I'm looking for. Sadly, $50+ US + shipping is too far outside my price range. I will probably end up buying the $25 US case from JetMall when I finally bite the bullet and buy my J3. Why can't it be under $150. >.< I would be more apt to buy it on impulse if it was.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:41 PM

I paid $40.00 for that case using the promo code "mobigeeks." That's more reasonable.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:31 PM

Just got my Cowon J3 and the Noreve case today! Here are some pics of the J3 in its sexy new case. So far, it's really nice and the only flaw I can find in the design is that the mic hole on the back is covered. I won't be using that though, so no biggie for me.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 AM

@Trident77 - Awesome pics and congrats on the gear!