android
Old 10-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Default senn mx560s odd?

hi all,
was going to try the foam covers on my new senn mx560s, but they dont seem to fit!? :/
on my omx95s you can take the rubber surround off and stick on the foam covers, but on the mx560s it seems stuck in place.
Plus, the cover of the speaker is plastic rather than the usual metal grill look
dodgy?
cheers
dan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danx55 View Post
... dodgy?
Personally haven't tried them and I don't mean anything negative but what do you expect from earbuds that are commonly found for under $20.00, they certainly aren’t going to use metal.

Edit: I couldn't say if they are dodgy or not but there are some very good iem's that are all plastic ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:07 PM

hi again
erm right - good point - yeah prob went a bit cheap with these i guess :/
got my omx95s half price so think that scewed my pricing a bit

was hoping for the same sounds quality as the omx's but in a regular bud

that will teach me to go super cheap!

cheers
dan

Old 10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Apologies for any cheap reference, there are some inexpensive phones that are very good in the sound quality department and I didn’t mean to imply otherwise. As I said, I have not tried them so I can not specifically comment on them.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM

hi - no offense taken at all you are right that in general you get what you pay for .....unless you overpay for something trendy with a name etc

these mx560s are supposed to have basswind tech - but to my ears sound quite reedy - ie high and mids are clear but you cant feel the bass - you can hear where it should be etc

cheers
dan

Old 10-10-2010, 03:49 PM

right - just stuck the standard phones back on and yes the mx's have more high freq clarity, but i dont hear any more bass basswind...more like bass in the bin imo

Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM

The instructions say you need to put on the foam covers for better bass, and they are right. Mine did not even come with foam covers (they were literally just missing from box), and I paid the absurd price of 50 CAD (since I was shopping for something else, but they no longer carried it and this was supposed to be the 'updated' model)...

I ended up finding some from some other earphones.. It can be tricky to put foam covers on the first time, but they will fit :P They stretch. My MX560s have never distorted, which is about all you can legitimately say for any headphone/earphone, but they have left me wanting... So we'll see if spending $100 on the K319 makes any difference. My experience with the 560s has been sour from the beginning, since I got ripped off and I had no foam pads in the box... so it could be largely based on my personal experience than makes me annoyed. Still, I've used them for about a year and a half now, so they are reliable.

Yes, unlike the 550 (what I was originally looking to replace at the store when I bought the 560), they do not have a metal grill... They're also a little bulkier, a little stupider looking... but that bulkiness does allow them to protect the wires at key points, so they do have their virtues.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:18 PM

hi Chef.
thanks for the info. i tried the foams on mine but there didnt
seem to be anywhere for them to securely fit :/

luckily ive just returned them to the ebay seller.

....and ordered some creative ep630s

cheers
dan