android
Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Default Need Tips Suggestion for Head Direct RE0s

Hey there,

I've searched the forum and haven't found too much specific to these phones on the issue of tips, so I thought I'd just ask directly.

I've had them for a week and am using the stock tips right now. The problem is, they both fall off the nozzle and don't fit properly at all in one of my ears.

I'm looking for silicon tips rather than foam and tips that will stay true to the RE0's sound. I used a mid-high Etymotic for the last 3 years with silicon tri-flanges and am completely comfortable with them and like how long they last.

I've seen a few people recommend Ultimate Ears' silicon tips, but on their site they seem to have like 20 versions, so I don't know which is the right version.

Also, they have to be available to Canada. I'll buy from Europe or Asia if I really have to, but I'd rather keep it domestic (North American).

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

According to the Comply site, the RE0 takes T-400 tips. Now I'm not suggesting their EXPENSIVE tips, but want to point out that many other tips are this same size. The V-moda tips, and Sony hybrids for example. Both of which are available from eBay. If you live near a Sony store you should be able to get tips there. (They have them in the Niagara Falls Outlet Centre store).

Steve

Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 PM

Hm, any other suggestions? I def don't want the Comply tips. I'd buy the Sony tips for the convenience of them being available in my city, but the Sony Stores here are really useless. Otherwise having to buy four sizes in one package isn't such a great thing.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

These are supposedly fakes of the Sonys, but said to be good fakes. You can order the size(s) that you need.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

These are the V-moda tips.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Steve