android
Old 11-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispose View Post
@dfkt - Are these hard to drive? Could a Clip+ without an amp manage to drive them to their full potential?
We have Zune & Zune HD owners w/these and they say they are LOUD, so the clip+ will drive them just fine.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
We have Zune & Zune HD owners w/these and they say they are LOUD, so the clip+ will drive them just fine.
By "drive" I mean "sound good with". I didn't know Zunes were so weak...

Old 11-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Read through this thread, all the clip/clip+/Fuze owners are loving these. As for the Zune HD, it's volume output is very low, and these are LOUD w/a Z:HD - they're quite easy to drive AND sound fantastic unamped.

The reason I would know is that I'm wanting a pair of these great cans myself, so I've followed this thread & the thread on Head-Fi as well. These are THE HP's to own for SQ.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Read through this thread, all the clip/clip+/Fuze owners are loving these. As for the Zune HD, it's volume output is very low, and these are LOUD w/a Z:HD - they're quite easy to drive AND sound fantastic unamped.

The reason I would know is that I'm wanting a pair of these great cans myself, so I've followed this thread & the thread on Head-Fi as well. These are THE HP's to own for SQ.
Cool, thanks. Report back when you get them. Currently, I'm more interested in buying some IEMs, but who knows...

Old 11-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not buying them for a bit, so I'd probably see you with them first,...

Old 11-06-2010, 05:26 PM

I use them w/ my clip+ and my Zune HD and they are loud and sound good....No need for an amp IMHO.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:38 PM

more comparisons to the hd 25 ii pls

Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
What do the HD25-IIs and FLAC have to do with the AIAIAI TMA-1'S???
I just meant that I don't use lossless, just MP3s of various encodings (unfortunately I have some 128kpbs floating around and the treble is noticeably different, at least on the HD25s), and I already have some HD25s... so I'm wondering whether the TMA1s would still be an improvement.

Last edited by Pierre; 11-08-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I just meant that I don't use lossless, just MP3s of various encodings (unfortunately I have some 128kpbs floating around and the treble is noticeably different, at least on the HD25s), and I already have some HD25s... so I'm wondering whether the TMA1s would still be an improvement.
I got you,...I was just wondering. Sorry if I came off as argumentative.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The TMA-1s are described as having a recessed, though well extended treble. In practice, assuming that it sounds like all the other headphones with similar characteristic sound, the differences may be noticeable but they'll be much less prominent than they are on a headphone that emphasizes treble like the HD25. Basically, you should be able to hear the same differences, but the headphones just won't draw your attention to them.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 11-09-2010, 07:48 AM

Dang... sounds like these are winners. I don't consider myself having great ears (years of drumming and playing electric guitar) so they sound just the ticket for what I need out of headphones. Maybe someday... I do love my HD25s!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:07 PM

I think almost any new product receives hype like this when it comes out, Pierre. You'll probably get more enjoyment out of a different style of headphones (for the sake of variety).

Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
I think almost any new product receives hype like this when it comes out, Pierre. You'll probably get more enjoyment out of a different style of headphones (for the sake of variety).
I sure didn't hype the Beyerdynamic T50p...

---

Here's a review/infomercial about the TMA-1, from some DJ's points of view: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/11/0...le+Feedfetcher

Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Dang... sounds like these are winners. I don't consider myself having great ears (years of drumming and playing electric guitar) so they sound just the ticket for what I need out of headphones. Maybe someday... I do love my HD25s!
The HD25's are great phones in their own right, everyone I know that owns them loves them too

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-14-2010, 08:17 AM

Days are getting colder, so I've been mostly using my jacket-pocket-able player and my ear-warmer phones. Nothing beats matte black combined with matte black, 'murdered out' as the kids say. Yeh, it sounds as good as it looks.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM

AIAIAI sure do listen, and act fast - a straight 1.2m cable just got added to their accessories section: http://www.aiaiai.dk/catalog/categor...ssories/id/59/

Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM

I'm jumping on this bandwagon. Mine should arrive tomorrow. Can't believe I've overlooked these beauties for so long.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 AM

Got mine in yesterday. I'm quickly warming up to their sound, despite not being overly thrilled out of the box.

I think I may be one of the only owners who likes the coiled cord. Everything is as people described... a nicely smooth yet detailed sound with quick and reasonably deep bass. The tone/character of voices and instruments is really nice with these, and in a quick comparison with my recabled 780's they handily better the Ultrasones in midrange presence and that mentioned tone.

More to come as the drivers settle in some.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:01 PM

I love the coil cable on my M50, great for portable use which is contrary to what many people say.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 11-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
Got mine in yesterday. I'm quickly warming up to their sound, despite not being overly thrilled out of the box.

I think I may be one of the only owners who likes the coiled cord. Everything is as people described... a nicely smooth yet detailed sound with quick and reasonably deep bass. The tone/character of voices and instruments is really nice with these, and in a quick comparison with my recabled 780's they handily better the Ultrasones in midrange presence and that mentioned tone.

More to come as the drivers settle in some.
Was much the same way with the sound out of the box.

I havn't had that many problems with coiled cable in the past but the TMA-1 cable was pretty annoying. My main gripe with the coil cable was how heavy it was, then the fact that every time it was pulled apart and back again you would heard the coil snaping back and forth via microphonics. Originally I thought it was a break in the headphone jack because it sounded like the popping crackle you get from early symptoms of that but it was just the coil cable. The coil could have been a whole lot less stiffer.