android
Old 11-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urne View Post
I am going to get the new more clamping headband in December when AIAIAI gets their next row of replacement headbands home. They also told me that this badge is made of stronger materials that lasts longer than the original. Couldn't tell me which material it was though..
Please let us all know when you get them - and please PM me as well!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-21-2011, 04:49 PM

Do you know I to buy it for the best price??

Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 PM

@aAaleXx: I'd try amazon or the likes. Maybe the others have a deal for you.

I'm also really interested in the difference it makes.

Jack4l posted a picture of the old headband vs the new one in this thread over here: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...t=65642&page=3

I'm especially interested in whether they are comparable to the AKG K81/518 DJ now in terms of clamping force.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ah yeah, I never did reply to you about the K81DJ comparison. K81DJ kinda clamp my head in a bad way so I've never really used them. The new TMA's do clamp a lot more then before, the best way to describe it is I couldn't wear the headphones lying down before, but now I can. Still the headphones are fairly heavy and slick, so they will slide off given enough head movement but overall its an improvement if you want a little more hold.

I'm still kind of on the fence about the new headband, because I never had any complaints about the old one The new one adds a bit more squeeze that I don't really want.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack4L View Post
I'm still kind of on the fence about the new headband, because I never had any complaints about the old one The new one adds a bit more squeeze that I don't really want.
I have no complaints about the old headband, either, and I have a relatively small head. It'd be great if AiAiAi ended up offering both headbands as retail accessories, allowing users to customize the TMA-1s to their particular needs/noggins...but I imagine that won't happen. In fact, I can't think of any non-IEM headphone manufacturer that offers core, replaceable parts in different shapes and sizes (rather than just different colors and materials -- though JAYS approaches the concept with the varied earpad diameters for their c-JAYS). Perhaps this could be a distinguishing new trail for some enterprising young upstart (*cough*AiAiAi*cough*) ito blaze? Or perhaps most companies have already considered such a move, made a cost-benefit analysis, and ditched the idea as unprofitable/unwanted?

Old 12-02-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
Please let us all know when you get them - and please PM me as well!!
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitheless
It'd be great if AiAiAi ended up offering both headbands as retail accessories, allowing users to customize the TMA-1s to their particular needs/noggins...
It would be really nice if they offered their headbands in their shop as accessories - though in that case I'm not sure if the old headbands would be in production anymore unless there is just as high demand.

I have no complains about my old headband either but then again my head is relatively big. At least I think that's the case since the TMA-1s fit me best when clicking the earcups into the next-to-last hole in the headband. Or is that normal? Would love to hear what setting other TMA-1 users use.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urne View Post
Will do!

It would be really nice if they offered their headbands in their shop as accessories - though in that case I'm not sure if the old headbands would be in production anymore unless there is just as high demand.

I have no complains about my old headband either but then again my head is relatively big. At least I think that's the case since the TMA-1s fit me best when clicking the earcups into the next-to-last hole in the headband. Or is that normal? Would love to hear what setting other TMA-1 users use.
Yea man...Im sorry to say thats a pretty big head...lol. I have my settings on the 3rd hole from the top

EDIT: actually I was looking right now its kind of hard to till what hole it is in....All i know is that there is 2 holes above the earcup and 2 holes below the earcups.

Last edited by nicholaskid16; 12-02-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Mine is 2 clicks down, so the top hole is just peeking out from the earcups.

Had an unprecedented headphone experience today: As I was riding the bus to work, rocking my TMA-1s, I saw another passenger standing by the door with a pair of TMA-1s on his head. What are the chances of that? Two Tycho Magnetic Anomalies on a single bus! I was hoping to greet him with a knowing nod on my way out, but he got off before me.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've seen the TMA-1 in quite a few clubs being used by DJs.

I have mine fairly stretched out, you can only see the tip of the headband under the ear cups- but theres still 2 steps further to go. So I could probably still wear them with a beanie on.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Just thought I would post an update concerning the new batch of headbands that's in production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lea
Due to some difficulties with production, the headbands have not arrived yet and we will first receive the new delivery of replacement headbands at the end of January. This means that we can first ship the headbands in the beginning of February.
So no christmas present for me from AIAIAI this year... Fortunately it's not an emergency for me to get a new heaband so I'm fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaskid16
Yea man...Im sorry to say thats a pretty big head...lol.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:40 AM

Two questions: Can these be modded to be circumaural? (not entirely clear to me from the discussion). Also, how would they compare to my JMoney modded D2000 - I love them, but they are just way to flimsy as portable cans?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 PM

I saw a set of tma1 on season 2 episode 1 of how to make it in america, pretty cool.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupi View Post
Two questions: Can these be modded to be circumaural?
NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupi View Post
(not entirely clear to me from the discussion). Also, how would they compare to my JMoney modded D2000 - I love them, but they are just way to flimsy as portable cans?
Less treble, less clarity...Very different

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 PM

Does anyone know anything about the newest headband with a stronger clamping force? I would be very interested in such and I haven't seen anything about it lately.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:39 PM

Well, I recently recieved my new headband along with some superglue - I was supposed to change it but haven't had the time, the feel or the guts to do it yet. :P

In fact I am considering making use of my warranty because I think there is a minor issue with my pair of TMA1s. I can hear small clicky noises from the right earcup when I hear songs featuring a lot of low-frequency bass. Problem is it only happens a very few times the week so I am debating whether I should do something about it or not. :S

Last edited by Urne; 02-25-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:25 PM

How do I proceed to get one as well?

Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM

I had used my warranty to get a new pair not to long ago. Maybe 3months ago and I think these had the new headband since they felt tighter on my head and more secured. I actually like it a lot more and even sounds slightly better as the isolation is better too.

When I had my 1st pair some of the matte was peeled off and I wrote Aiaiai about it and they sent me a new headband through the warranty....maybe you can contact them and I'm sure they will help they have great customer service from my experiences.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYlt View Post
How do I proceed to get one as well?
See their FAQ at the bottom of the first column.

Well, after waiting almost 4 months with doing so I finally decided to switch over to the new headband. All I can say is that those who were worried about the TMA-1s fitting loosely, shouldn't have any issue now. Compared to the old headband, the new one feels quite tight - I haven't applied the super glue yet making the changes permanently, but I think I will do that tomorrow. Will try to give the TMA-1s a longer listen and find out how much my ears can "last" with the new headband first though.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Wow thanks. I actually already have the new headband, I totally forgot posting about it though! And yes, I find it much better, still comfortable.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 AM

Decided to finally do the super glue today. I listened to 1 album in a row yesterday without the extra tight fit doing me much more harm. In fact I could read a book without my TMA-1s falling off for the first time! Great stuff. I'll see if I can get some pictures up in the weekend.