android
Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I like my treble I just don't like it bright I'm slowly moving to balanced. But it isn't shit if it doesn't have extension.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-23-2011, 03:05 PM

Has any of you seen this?
http://aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tm...s-gold-edition

Personally I truly dislike the new cable color, but I would love to have these improvements on my TMA-1s!

I wonder if it's possible to upgrade

Last edited by Urne; 10-23-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Thats pretty good because of the new lock system. My headphones actually got messed up because of that. Luckily the customer services is great and they sent me a whole new pair. But if I had the choice I would love to have that new lock system.

Im sure with the new color schemes they might be able to get more business from the younger audience that only care about labels and looks of the headphones.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:50 PM

As it looks, that new locking jack means you can't use many standard plug cables anymore since the connectors are in too deep and the diameter is rather narrow.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urne View Post
Personally I truly dislike the new cable color...
Same here. I'm just glad it's a limited edition thing and not an outright replacement of the TMA-1's understated beauty.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Figures, AiAiAi's catalog was a little too bright and colorful to just let the TMA-1 stay black and bleak

Not a fan of the new cable, because the one I got is pretty awesome already.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:51 AM

Yikes, that's totally horrid.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM

From http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/

Old 11-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Now, that is a conversation starter!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Look at that- Skullcandy camouflage.

But cool tips on the website for painting headphones.

Last edited by Jack4L; 11-10-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Maybe they painted those stunning minimalist TMA-1 that way so they don't get stolen?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

All I want to know is if they improved the fit? Will it stay on my xl/xxl noggin' or not?!?!?!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:28 PM

I guess an XXL melon should have no issues even with the loose-fit v1 TMA? They obviously increased the clamping force in the newer ones, though.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

When I had them they kept sliding off my big beanhead - so if they improved the clamping force I might have to get another set - after I sell a few things. My used car has taken away from the electronics & accessory buying for the next 6mos or so. Still, I did manage to test out the Sennheiser HD448's (didn't like 'em), and it made me realize how good my Sony MDR-V900 HD's really sound.

Now, the AiAiAi TMA-1's blow BOTH away,...now if they only FIT!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM

Wow, I really like the robot theme I've gotta say, and skullcandy wishes they could come up with something that cute and original, I wouldn't wear them, but I can appreciate the fun aspect of it, its like pop art for the noggin.

I'm so glad to see other people moving into this area though, customisation of headphones as accessories is a nice little market as not everyone wants to look like a chav (English term, sorry) with 'artist' branded headphones or have just the standard black housing. If you aren't artistically inclined enough to do it yourself its nice to have somewhere your headphones can be made to reflect you personally, not just how they're churned out by the manufacturers.

Stuff: Nokia Lumia 800, Sansa Clip+ 8gb+32gb card, Zune 30, Sony MDR EX35, Radiopaq Pop/Rock/Jazz, Phonak Audéo PFE 012, Panasonic RP-HTx7

Old 11-11-2011, 07:29 PM

Dunno those look pretty chavtastic to me. I wouldn't wear them in public. Granted they are artistic but hardly versatile... You only get so much freedom with your appearance after all, why waste it on headphones?

Old 11-11-2011, 08:03 PM

If they hadn’t already broken into the sheep crowd that ought to do it

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Depends completely on the design people chose sideways, if they want a nice subtle design, something geometric etc I don't think that would be 'chavtastic' at all, at least not compared to that beats crap or fanny whats-her-name its the beauty of customisation, you do whatever you want with it. I never knew there was a quota as to how much you could express yourself with what you wear lol, I guess I've been breaking the rules for a while hehe

Stuff: Nokia Lumia 800, Sansa Clip+ 8gb+32gb card, Zune 30, Sony MDR EX35, Radiopaq Pop/Rock/Jazz, Phonak Audéo PFE 012, Panasonic RP-HTx7

Old 11-12-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
When I had them they kept sliding off my big beanhead - so if they improved the clamping force I might have to get another set - after I sell a few things. My used car has taken away from the electronics & accessory buying for the next 6mos or so. Still, I did manage to test out the Sennheiser HD448's (didn't like 'em), and it made me realize how good my Sony MDR-V900 HD's really sound.

Now, the AiAiAi TMA-1's blow BOTH away,...now if they only FIT!!!
I am going to get the new more clamping headband in December when AIAIAI gets their next row of replacement headbands home. They also told me that this badge is made of stronger materials that lasts longer than the original. Couldn't tell me which material it was though..

Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urne View Post
I am going to get the new more clamping headband in December when AIAIAI gets their next row of replacement headbands home. They also told me that this badge is made of stronger materials that lasts longer than the original. Couldn't tell me which material it was though..
Thanks for passing that info. on! A good reason to wait a month or 2, perhaps.