android
Old 01-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
I remember seeing dfkt's with his clip attached
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=28

that picture has inspired me to hunt for deals on the clip and a cheaper set of cans with detachable cables just to create a similar setup. I cant swing the TMA-1 right now since I use IEMs about 80% of the time.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=28

that picture has inspired me to hunt for deals on the clip and a cheaper set of cans with detachable cables just to create a similar setup. I cant swing the TMA-1 right now since I use IEMs about 80% of the time.
You might try the krk phones.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I might...local source would make for an easy pickup too. have to check out guitar centers return policy though. thanks for the tip.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 AM

if anyone has the senns ie8 could you please tell me how do they compare?
thank you

Old 01-11-2011, 06:46 AM

That's a rather apples vs. oranges comparison, full sized phones vs. IEMs... but yeah, they do share a somewhat similar sound signature, at least frequency response-wise. IE8 have more treble and more clarity though, they're less "weighty" in the midrange, compared to the TMA-1. Midbass hump on the IE8 is somewhat more pronounced than on the TMA-1, bass quantity is about the same (with the bass screws turned up to full on the IE8). Soundstage is wider on the TMA-1, and they also have a more pleasing timbre in general.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispose View Post
The thing is I don't live in the USA. I need an EU based online store where I can get that kind of cheap cable. Anyone?
Not sure if you have ordered yet but you can buy the official Aiaiai shorter cable directly from their website. It's around 12 Euros (plus postage to UK) so it's not really cheap but the benefit is that it doesn't look like a shit 2 cable, it perfectly matches the headphones.

I don't see why anyone would spend ~200 on extremely stylish-looking headphones and then attach a massive 2 crappy cable to it.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
That's a rather apples vs. oranges comparison, full sized phones vs. IEMs... but yeah, they do share a somewhat similar sound signature, at least frequency response-wise. IE8 have more treble and more clarity though, they're less "weighty" in the midrange, compared to the TMA-1. Midbass hump on the IE8 is somewhat more pronounced than on the TMA-1, bass quantity is about the same (with the bass screws turned up to full on the IE8). Soundstage is wider on the TMA-1, and they also have a more pleasing timbre in general.

was just wondering, do you EQ? If not then I was wondering what are some of your settings, just so that I could have an idea of you are hearing and understanding when you word it.

I know you use the CLip+, just did not know if you listen to the flat or what?

I have the treble like at +7 and bass at +10. No EQ right now. pretty basic.

I was just curious, thanks

Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 AM

Jumped on the train, my TMA-1 should arrive later this week
Got it from ebay, it's branded with G-Star on one of the cans, but i dont mind since i got them for €125

Old 01-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I gatta wait a minute...bills.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:09 AM

I have a little unusual question... Am I limited to the pads AIAIAI sells, or can I use pads from another brand (I'm talking about compatibilty)? I've seen that some people have modded the pads, but is there an option to use stock pads from another brand? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 AM

To the best of my knowledge, no other brand uses the ear pad locking mechanism that's on the TMA. Which is a shame, since it's the best/easiest I've seen so far.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, no other brand uses the ear pad locking mechanism that's on the TMA. Which is a shame, since it's the best/easiest I've seen so far.
Thanks for the answer, and I have to agree, it is very convenient. The semi-leather pads are quite pricey at 20, but it looks like I have no other choice in the future. How do the semi-leather and synthetic pads compare to one another?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:06 AM

I haven't tried the synthetic ones - no reason, IMO, since the protein leather pads the TMA come with are really nice, almost like the real thing.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I don't know of anyone who uses it currently either, although the old beyerdynamic ET1000 use the same basic system, albeit with truly terrible ear pads...

Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM

had mine for a week now, they sound much better than first couple hours of use. running them with a j3. about comfort, theyre perfectly fine when im wearing them, but ears can hurt a little bit after a long listening session when they're taken off which is strange since the clamping force is pretty weak. i think the level of isolation is just right, blocks most sounds but if there would be a fire somewhere, a room mate screaming would most probably save my life 8) lol

Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 PM

Mine arrived just a few minutes ago

Old 04-01-2011, 04:22 PM

I pick these up as my first actual good pairs of headphones and Im blown away. I can hear some instruments that I never noticed where even in the songs before. I have only been using them for about 4 hours but so far so good.

I dont like the stock wires but I had an extra one thats smaller and works well.

I cant really complain about these especially since I got them used with brand new assecories for $155 I guess the headphones where used but to me they looked brand new still and the earpads + wires came in brand new cases.

1 thing I noticed is that these sound far more superior when combined with my ZuneHD compared to my iPod

Old 04-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I may be getting these in a week or so,...I can't wait!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice.

From anyones perspective what do these sound like?

I've seen phones get compared to bigger cans all the time I've heard these are dark.

But what IEM do they remind you of????

DS maybe you can provide some input when you get yours.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@Confispect: I'm sorry, but IEM's aren't my specialty. Ask dfkt here in the thread, as he's got the TMA-1 and quite a few IEM's for comparison.