android
Old 12-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Nice impressions, Woembah. I bet they can be driven by your cellphone without any issues.

Clipster, any 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable will do. Here's a fat 3ft one: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 and here's a slimmer 6ft one: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Here's a link to a thinner M to M 3ft cable: http://www.camcor.com/cgi-bin/cat/id...4;fg=384051063

Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Nice impressions, Woembah. I bet they can be driven by your cellphone without any issues.
Thanks, actually the sensitivity of the TMA-1 is quite jawdropping: On the same volume level of my phone the perceived volume is only a tiny bit lower than with my old IEM's. Didn't see that coming!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:46 PM

Wow these really sound promising!

I am wondering if there are any headphones out there that are similar in sound quality and form factor but cheaper in price?...

Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 AM

The less expensive AKG K81DJ are similarly tuned as far as frequency response goes, but they're not quite as good or dynamic sounding as the TMA. They recently got renamed to K518DJ - not sure if the driver has remained the same, never heard the new ones. The HD 25-SP are brighter than the TMA-1 (but not as bright as the HD 25-1), with less bass and slightly less clarity.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Excellent review dfkt. Was waiting impatiently for that one!

cheers,

Old 12-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The HD 25-SP are brighter than the TMA-1 (but not as bright as the HD 25-1), with less bass and slightly less clarity.
I guess you mean to say that they have less bass clarity?

When I switched from the SP's to the TMA-1's the first thing that hit me was that the TMA's sounded kinda rounded off, almost dull on direct comparison. After awhile of going back and forth the differences faded away, so that I could only really hear the music and not the difference. Gets that way when trying to compare two things for too long, I get bored, in which case initial impressions are the strongest. I haven't taken another look at directly comparing the two cans. Mostly because I havn't switched from the TMA-1 to the HD25 SP for long enough periods of listening. However right now vacationing with only my HD25 SP's so I'll be ready to take another look after my holiday Although I barely noticed a thing when moving back to the SP's from the TMAs.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:28 PM

I got to try these on today. JUST try these on as the shop provided no cable with the headphones to try with one's MP3 player...

They felt nice on the ears and I agree with the 'just righ' clamping force comments. However the headbang felt VERY rough on the top of my head and I couldn't get used to it at all. Very tough feeling. They could do with some padding (for me).

So I bought some Audio Technica M50s instead

Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 PM

I am looking to order some of these. If someone can, could you let me know where the best place to order these?

Feel free to PM if it can not be posted. thanks

Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 PM

I just got these today, and I have to say, they sound very good. The only thing that really bothers me is the cable, which is too heavy and quite grippy. Where can I buy a very thin 1.2-1.6m long cable for a fair price? I checked out dfkt's link, but those cables are too fat for my taste. I hope someone can help me out on this one...

Old 12-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Any cheap 3.5mm male to male cable will work. If you live in the USA go to Radio Shack, or a $.99 store - you'll find what you need (cheap) there.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Any cheap 3.5mm male to male cable will work. If you live in the USA go to Radio Shack, or a $.99 store - you'll find what you need (cheap) there.
The thing is I don't live in the USA. I need an EU based online store where I can get that kind of cheap cable. Anyone?

Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 PM

I pulled the trigger on these last night. The girl at Dijital fix said they were the best. I can't wait til I get these the first part of next week.

Dfkt, you can take some major credit for these, I know I won't be disappointed.

does it matter if I get the 3.5 cable you suggested or does it have to be of more superior quality? I have seen them with the nuforce cable that costs 25.00. just did not know if it was that necessary.

thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispose View Post
The thing is I don't live in the USA. I need an EU based online store where I can get that kind of cheap cable. Anyone?
Do a Google for a "male to male" cable, and local results will show up.

Also, did you check the rest of the available cables from the link dfkt provided you with: http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10218

Old 01-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Do a Google for a "male to male" cable, and local results will show up.

Also, did you check the rest of the available cables from the link dfkt provided you with: http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10218
You might want to make sure the Google safe search is on, or you might get a surprise....lol

Old 01-01-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
... does it matter if I get the 3.5 cable you suggested or does it have to be of more superior quality? ...
Cable is cable, the only reason that peeps have made their own is because the included coiled cable is a PITA compared to straight cable. If you can't live with the included one and you can't make one, any 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable works fine. Also AIAIAI is now selling a straight one for $16.00, look here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I agree congrats on the review, made me want to purchase all the more.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:

Clipster, any 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable will do. Here's a fat 3ft one: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 and here's a slimmer 6ft one: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
dfkt,

do you have either one of these? and how do they look with the cans?

just want to get as close as the real thing without losing and arm and a leg.

thanks

Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM

I have the monoprice premium it is way to fat to be used with these phones go for the thinner cable.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM

I know I asked b/4 but the monoprice is just fine or would I buy like the nuforce thinner cable? or does it really matter?

I really love these things. I remember seeing dfkt's with his clip attached, does anyone know where that might be. just curious on how he did that. might want to try that out.

thanks to all for the great recommendations.