android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM

Help Shure SE315? (looking for good first pair of decent headphones)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/23/s...ble-cables-on/

Looking to save up for a decent pare of 'phones, and I saw these were just released and I really like the look of them.

My original budget was up to 100, however I could save more. I want to get something that will really last, and was wondering weather the extra money will really make the difference with things like detachable cables ext.

Now, I know there wont' be any reviews on these but people in the know how might be able to say how good they should be.

Are there any obviously much better ones at this price?

So yeah, I want to know if the extra cash is worth it, or if I should go back to my 100 budget?

Any general advice for (relatively) cheap phones with plenty of bass (I listen to mostly metal if that helps) that will last for a long time and sound good would be much appreciated too!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-23-2010, 03:24 PM

You can do better than Shure for that price. They're really no good IEMs at all, except maybe the SE530/535 - but those are insanely overpriced for what they are as well.

If you like good bass, I'd suggest you go for the Panasonic HJE900, they can be had for under GBP 100 at the moment: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56274

Old 09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

+1 with dfkt on the Panas. New owner, 4 days in. I love them - for my ears the best combination of 2 other distinct IEMs I own that I love for very different reasons. The Panas are to me the perfect marriage of those 2 that I have found so far.

Build quality hopefully will last eons, plus IMO, they are sexy as hell. Removable/replaceable cables! Excellent for metal/prog and everything else I have thrown at them so far.

I was going to suggest these Panas as well, but had no experience/idea about the Shures. However, my initial thought was: why go with lowest line Shures when you can consider top of line Panasonics [or even other great brands/models], especially at the budget you have.

Research the Panas yourself.
cheers,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 09-23-2010, 04:26 PM

A single balanced armature driver earphone for 200$? really?

Old 09-24-2010, 12:50 PM

ok, so I've narrowed my search down... and decided I really want the detachable cables, seeing as nearly all my previous 'phones have died from the cable alone.

now I'm trying to choose between the Panasonic HJE900's and the sleek audio SA one's...

both of these sound really good, and the sleek's are slightly cheaper (I could probably buy them within a week!) and come with some more extras such as tips as far as I can tell.

Are the sleeks as good as the panasonics?