android
Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 PM

Default Easy Playlist Creator for Clip+

I bought my wife a Clip+ recently for her to use while working out. She asked me to put together some playlists for her and I loathe WMP.

After searching here and elsewhere and finding suggestions for playlist creation I found a very simple program that works fantastic and takes less than a minute to create one (most of the time is spent ordering the songs in the list).

http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php
Playlist Creator 3.6.2 - freeware
(Windows XP to 7)

This program is designed to do nothing but create playlists in a variety of formats to accommodate many devices.

For the Clip+ (and I'm assuming other Sansa devices) do the following.

After installing:
1. Settings - Playlist Details. Change the "do you want to save playlist entries as absolute or relative" to relative in the dropdown box.

2. Tick the use forward slashes option

3. Connect your Clip+ in MSC mode.

4. Create a folder in the "music" folder on the clip titled whatever you want it to be for the music your copying there. Example - Classic Rock.

5. Drag and drop files to new directory.

6. Open Playlist Creator (if not already open).

7. In the folder you have created that you've copied the mp3 files to on the clip, now drag and drop those files into Playlist Creator. It will automatically load them into the playlist.

8. Order them to your preference using the toolbar buttons to the right of the playlist window.

9. At the bottom of the program window set the save location to the folder on the Clip where the files are stored.

10. Name your playlist whatever you want and make sure .m3u is selected in the drop down box next to where you enter the name.

11. Click Create Playlist

12. When done making all the playlists you want close the program and unplug the Clip and let it refresh itself.

13. Your playlists should be visible.

Hope this helps as I saw some people were having problems on here with playlists on the Clip.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the info brokent9.

However, one question:
Can this program create mixed media playlists? That is, playlists which use songs that live on both the Clip+ main memory as well as from the microSDHC card?

I believe I gave this one a shot when I was first using my Fuze [very similar device] with the original FW. The above did not work. Can you test and respond please?

cheers,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 09-18-2011, 04:07 AM

@administators

Please could you make this a sticky. I found it after two days of frustrating searches, tried WMP, MediaMonkey, WinAmp methods, but this is by far the easiest and reliable solution!!!

Thanks

Old 09-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Why don't you upgrade to rockbox instead (now that it's complete and stable)?
All these operations can be done in three clicks or so on the clip (once the music has been uploaded), and I'm sure that the generated playlist can be used by the OF