android
Old 09-24-2010, 12:38 PM

This thread is quite useful to me, because i've been debating between getting a new Touch and an HD and the fact that the Zune does music-playback (my main reason for having a PMP) better helps make that decision easier.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning_October View Post
This thread is quite useful to me, because i've been debating between getting a new Touch and an HD and the fact that the Zune does music-playback (my main reason for having a PMP) better helps make that decision easier.
Every device has their strengths, and the Zune hD certainly has its fair share. However, TDS is really making me want a Cowon J3...

I'm getting rid of my Zune HD when I end up stateside. It served me well but when I get home, I'll have different needs. Despite their vast differences, I'm debating between a Clip+ and a J3. I have to decide how important video playback is to me, as well as the differences in battery life.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
Every device has their strengths, and the Zune hD certainly has its fair share. However, TDS is really making me want a Cowon J3...

I'm getting rid of my Zune HD when I end up stateside. It served me well but when I get home, I'll have different needs. Despite their vast differences, I'm debating between a Clip+ and a J3. I have to decide how important video playback is to me, as well as the differences in battery life.
Join us,.....Join us,...........MuaHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, if you we're here in NYC I'd let you test my J3 out - you'd buy 1 in a heartbeat. It's that good bro, it really is.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I really really really wish I could afford a J3....its so much better than my ZuneHD, yet it costs so much. And I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my ZuneHD....even if I sold that I still wouldn't have enough. Cowon J3 + Fuze v2 w/Rockbox would be a perfect combination!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 09-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Cowon J3 + Fuze v2 w/Rockbox would be a perfect combination!
Cowon J3 (at least for me) is all I really need. I use the D2 for walking about, and the Nano 5G for working out, the others are slowly getting swiped by my family. The J3 is my "Go-To" DAP.

Even if RockBox does sound great, it's not as user-friendly - I prefer my Cowon's.

Now, back on topic please.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, a J3 + WiFi is what the Zune HD should have been. The reason you can get a Zune HD for cheap these days is because it doesn't compete well spec for spec against anything.

MS, if you're interested in make an HD-2, give me a call. I can tell you exactly what it would need to start distracting the masses from apple products.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
MS, if you're interested in make an HD-2, give me a call. I can tell you exactly what it would need to start distracting the masses from apple products.
You make it sound like the ZuneTeam is a bunch of retards and don't know what they're doing xD

Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not saying the ZuneTeam is stupid...but it just seems like they're not giving their customers what they want.

Retired Devices:

Old 09-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
You make it sound like the ZuneTeam is a bunch of retards and don't know what they're doing xD
Is he wrong?

Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hahaha lol in some ways he isn't!!

Retired Devices:

Old 09-24-2010, 08:51 PM

I would say what the Zune is missing is marketing and somehow separating itself from the "Microsoft" stigma. This is stuff Apple is brilliant at.

I really don't care for an itouch. I have not owned one, but my friends and family members do and I just never really got it. After I had the Zune HD for one day I was like, Wow, this is awesome.

Somehow the Zune team needs to translate that to the masses.

Lets face it. Playing games on a 3" screen is pretty lame. So is surfing the net. It looks so sweet on TV because it is magnified x5 the size of reality. The music and video experience on the Zune kicks iTouch's ass. Hell, here is how lame MS is. I went to a MS store in Mission Viejo specifically to check out the zune. They had three on display. NONE OF THEM HAD ANY CONTENT!

That is what is killing them.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think Olley is on point, and MS SHOULD give him a call. Otherwise the Zune HD2 will be another shot in the dark - PING!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
I'm not saying the ZuneTeam is stupid...but it just seems like they're not giving their customers what they want.
They gave me what I wanted(would like some music things improved) and I'm in Canada(had to go out of my way to get one)...the unit was not promoted at all and not even available outside of the US so it's hard to say it didn't meet people's expectations...
I would suspect that the Zune HD is a better product for more people who are into just music (perhaps not geeks and audiophiles)than the ones you mentioned and now that they are integrating it into a whole ecosystem and selling it around the world I'm sure the popularity will dwarf what they have done up to now...

Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Better volume and a custom EQ and I'd own a 64gb Zune HD myself. Hell, I'd still have the Zune 120 if they issued an update that put the custom EQ on there,...........that's a real bummer MS - a friggin' BUMMER!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If I had to choose between a Touch and a Zune HD, as they are currently sold, it would be no contest....I'd take the Touch. At this point though, neither one is on my list.