android
Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 AM

Default UK: Super.Fi 5 (v2) for GBP 39.99

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...s/Product.html

Sweet deal, gets you Phonak PFE-style sound for really cheap. Here's my old review of the SF5v2: http://anythingbutipod.com/2008/12/u...-or-v2-review/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Just FYI for people that don't know, play.com has some bad rep with handling credit card numbers. I really think its ridiculous how they ask you to input all your credit card details on sign up and all. I'm still going to try buying from them but I'll be using a limited card just to be safe. Anyway thought I'd mention to everyone that you can google the topic on play.com and find some unhappy campers

The MW600 is what I'm getting, been eyeing it for awhile and the £34.99 price is the lowest yet...

*Edit* Ooh wait, aparantly you need to click the euro logo in the top right corner to get the real price they will ship the item to those of you in the EU. Got abit fooled by their "Will ship to finland free of charge" advertisements they got everywhere, but upon further inspection I found out about this whole need to switch on the € prices :P In the case of the MW600, it was 49€ and just checked the Super.fi's and they go for 55.99. Which still probably is a good deal, but sadly not the case for the MW600 I wanted.

Last edited by Jack4L; 09-22-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 PM

They actually ship phones outside the UK? When I tried to order some phones sometimes ago, they wouldn't ship to Austria.

Other than that, I only had good results with play.com so far, but I only ordered DVDs from them.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well no, not when you get down to reading the fine print, kinda like with Amazon.com. Always read up on the stuff, and I eventually did I just got the impression since they advertise on every page in Finnish "Welcome, every order from the store includes free shipping to Finland". (Also the fact that they supply a Euro price for items they wont even ship outside the UK is just weird)

Anyway, not saying they are a terrible place to buy stuff from but they do have a bit of a bad reputation, and its not just blatant ignorant customers even, its very serious issues like the lack of an easy line of communication (play.com relies more on FAQ´s then actual customer rep interaction) and accounts being hijacked, with no way to remove credit card details on site.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 PM

I've bought mainly DVDs and games from Play for years now - nearly two hundred items in fact (just checked). During that time I've had a few items (~5) go missing in the post, which has been resolved each time by me ringing them up and explaining. They have always been friendly, and have never been difficult about it. To their credit, they actually supply a phone number . Haven't had cause to phone them in the last year or so - maybe things have changed?

I've also returned a couple of items, both times because I'd mis-ordered. Again, no problems.

It's true that you can't delete credit card details (again, just checked), but that's easily rectified - just edit your current details and put invalid data in .

In summary, I trust them - well, as far as it's possible to trust a faceless business dedicated to profit at any rate .

Anyhow, Superfis for 40 quid! If I hadn't already got some perfectly decent phones, I'd be straight in there.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well the main complaint is that theres apparently no way to get in contact with them other then a phone number ;D I've been hunting for a "Contact us" button just to leave email feedback but I cant find one. I think I found an valid email on an offsite forum topic with people having the same problems though. Its fine when it works, but when it doesn't these small things are what makes or breaks the customers nerves.