android
Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 AM

Default Sansa Clip+ Low Volume Output

Im having issues with my sansa clip+ not putting out very loud volume in my car audio through the auxillary plug, if i put a cd in the radio it easily plays the music twice as loud as the sansa clip+ i even have rockbox installed and that doesnt seem to help much either, would it be a good idea to buy a fiio e5 to boost the volume or would that even help at all?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

do you have volume set to high in the system settings?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

mp3 players do not have strong amplifiers. They are designed to drive earphones at volumes that won't break your eardrums.

The recommended way to use a player with a stereo or car deck is to turn the volume up to MAX on the player and control the volume on the car stereo.

If you are already doing this, there are two things to consider.

1. Is the volume set to high? As dgb52 already asked.

2. Are you using European firmware? 99% of the low volume problems discussed on the forum are solved by switching to non-European firmware.

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 09-22-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw859 View Post
Im having issues with my sansa clip+ not putting out very loud volume in my car audio through the auxillary plug, if i put a cd in the radio it easily plays the music twice as loud as the sansa clip+ i even have rockbox installed and that doesnt seem to help much either, would it be a good idea to buy a fiio e5 to boost the volume or would that even help at all?
If you are using Rockbox, that would eliminate the European noise limiter, or the Sansa volume setting, from consideration......what you could do, is in the replaygain section of the menu(in the playback settings menu), enable replaygain, enable prevent clipping, and then raise the pre-amp level.

Of course, your files would need to have replaygain info attached to them for this to work.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

"mp2 players do not have strong amplifiers. They are designed to drive earphones at volumes that won't break your eardrums."

The EU rules for volume limiters on music players make no sense to me. Headphones that have very different efficiencies can be used with the player. Do the regulations assume that the included earphones will be used with the player, and the maximum volume with those won't be too high? If so, then included headphones should be those that are very inefficient, so the player can put out a decent amount of power. People need to use common sense when playing music. Imo government ads about the dangers of loud music would be much more effective than legislated volume limiting.