android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2010, 12:53 AM

Default from zen v plus to mosaic trouble

Hello all - great looking forum!

I've had two creative zen v plus, and really like them (despite having had them both die on me). The latest one got fried while plugged in to the lighter while I was driving down the road. I wanted to replace my mp3 player, and a friend happened to have a mosaic he was willing to part with.

So now I have the mosaic, and am trying to adjust. I'm having no problems with operation so far. But I am with loading. First I tried to plug in into my computer's usb and procede as I would with my v plus. The computer nor zen v series media explorer would recognize the mosaic.

So then I decided to try and download some software for the mosaic on line. I first tried Creative Centrale (ZENMozaic_PCApp_L4_1_16_02.exe). But when I went to install it it says I don't have the correct operating system... even though though I met the 'requirements' from the dl site (http://support.creative.com/Products...ctDetails.aspx). My os is Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 5.1 Service Pack 3.

Then I tried the other version of Creative Centrale available there (ZENMozaic_PCApp_L4_1_04_05.exe). That seemed to install fine. But, the program will not open. My computer does however recognize the mosaic now. I'm able to drag and drop files onto the player with Internet Explorer, and they show up and are able to be organized using Creative Mediasource 5 Organizer.

I suppose I should be able to do what I want with the Creative Organizer and IE. But anyone have any other ideas for me. Why can't I use zen v series explorer, and why won't centrale work?

Thanks -- Brian

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]