android
Old 09-14-2010, 04:09 PM

I don't watch movies on my devices so I couldn't care less about xvid support. Also I'm an original owner of the zune HD so I'm going to take a pretty big hit when I resell it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hi guys, I am in a dilemma here and I need your help on making my decision. I am very very disappointed with my ZuneHD, and have been very very tempted to sell it. I just can't decide if it would be worth it to sell such a great piece of hardware. I mean sure, its got amazing hardware capabilities, but what it actually does isn't worth $220. Its got great SQ, but no custom EQ. Its got no customization, and requires the annoying Zune software. I found that I never used the apps/games or Internet at all, and I never watched videos that much. So really the only things I like about it are pretty interface and touchscreen, bat. life, and SQ (other than the fact that there is no EQ). HOWEVER, If I decide to sell it, I face the fact that nobody I know will think that its a good idea, and will think that I'm crazy to sell it so I can use a device like the Fuze. My family, and ALL of my friends will think I am crazy or insane or something if I sell my ZuneHD and replace it with my current Fuze. They will all think I made a stupid decision, and will argue argue argue argue about why the heck I would sell such a cool device (in their opinion its a cool device, in mine, great hardware, lame capabilities). So I'm facing the dilemma of selling the ZuneHD and using the device that I really want/enjoy (Fuze w/Rockbox), and if selling having to face everyone I know arguing about why the heck I would sell it. So would you guys recommend me selling my ZuneHD for my purposes that I use a DAP for (just music/pics) and just suck it up with everyone else? Or should I not sell it? I could really use the money now. And second, where would you guys recommend selling it? Here, eBay, Amazon, craigslist? Thanks for your advice!!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 PM

@Mcdougal: dude, dnt worry about what everyone else thinks...i was in your shoes a few months back when i sold my iPod..same reason as u, I thought that device had a good cool factor, decent hardware, excellent apps, nice browser but none of these were things i would actually use extensively..

i so desperately wanted a rockboxable player at the time but kept being concerned about the peer pressure n all that .. then one day i just said ''fudge it'' n went out, sold my iPod to a work acquaintance n got a 4GB clip+, a 4GB fuze and a 16GB microSD with the money and lemme tell u that i have absolutely no regrets having done that coz i immediately went home, rockboxed 'em n loaded it all up with my collection...i did take a hit capacitywise n had to split my music up between them but considering that i can buy more microSD's on the cheap, i'm not too worried about the capacity of either player..

with regards to rockbox, you will have the freedom to tweak the sound to your liking and no matter how good the Zune sounds (can't say anythin bout the Zune's SQ since I dont own it/ haven't heard it), you can make the sansas sound even better with rockbox ..

and if your family/ friends still give you crap about sellin a ''cool player'' n getting an ''uncool player'', just let them listen to your RB'd players n watch 'em STFU with jaws droppin all the way to the floor

dunno bout sellin stuff online but my cousin who lives in the US speaks highly of craigslist

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Old 09-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the reply! My first thought was craigslist, I've had luck there before, sold my old computer there...and I already have myself a Rockboxed Fuze v2 (8GB), and am enjoying it much more than my ZuneHD now, got my Fuze maybe two or three weeks ago, never used my Zune since, its been getting dusty . I guess I will wait for a couple more replies just for the sake of having more advice...but I think I've made my decision to sell my Zune at craigslist. I'll just ignore the bullcrap my friends/family blow at me ....

Retired Devices:

Old 09-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
I'll just ignore the bullcrap my friends/family blow at me ....
Good call. Why are your friends and family so zealously invested in this? Honestly, if they're really that fixated on something as trivial as your choice of DAPs, I'd urge them to find a better hobby. You clearly know which device you prefer...and you could use the extra money...so maybe this can be one of those pivotal life moments where you stand up to inane criticism and knock it aside.

I too have had good experiences with Craigslist. It can be nice not needing to deal with things like eBay's/Amazon's selling fees and making a shipment. On the other hand (or additionally), you might consider the Classifieds section here or the "For Sale" forums at Head-Fi (the latter is where most of my gadget/tech transactions have taken place).

Last edited by epithetless; 09-16-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for all the advice! I've decided to use craigslist to sell so I don't have to pay for the fees on Amazon/eBay. I'm still unsure about price, but maybe $80-90 (16GB). Another disadvantage I found if I sell it is I will only have one player. Of course I still have my e200, but I never use it, does anyone think it would be a good idea to buy a Clip+ (8GB) with the money I earned from the Zune? Or should I just save it up for something big like a new monitor or phone? I always thought it was a good idea to have more than one player, just in case something happens to the first one.

Retired Devices:

Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice! I've decided to use craigslist to sell so I don't have to pay for the fees on Amazon/eBay. I'm still unsure about price, but maybe $80-90 (16GB). Another disadvantage I found if I sell it is I will only have one player. Of course I still have my e200, but I never use it, does anyone think it would be a good idea to buy a Clip+ (8GB) with the money I earned from the Zune? Or should I just save it up for something big like a new monitor or phone? I always thought it was a good idea to have more than one player, just in case something happens to the first one.
It's better you keep the Zune HD because you going to be downgrading a very good MP3 player for a Clip (8GB). that like i'm going to sell my brand new 2010 car for a 1990 car. but hey it's your choice dood, do whatever you are happy with.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I haven't actually decided if I'll buy the Clip+ yet...I'll probably just save up for something I need more such as a phone or a new monitor. It would be good to have two players, but I don't need two. I'm enjoying my Fuze more now than I was when I first got my Zune...I'll probably just keep that w/my e270 for now.

Retired Devices:

Old 09-17-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I haven't actually decided if I'll buy the Clip+ yet...I'll probably just save up for something I need more such as a phone or a new monitor. It would be good to have two players, but I don't need two. I'm enjoying my Fuze more now than I was when I first got my Zune...I'll probably just keep that w/my e270 for now.
Well since you need a phone then go with that dood.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm thinking that's what I'll do. I already have a tracfone (Samsung T301G), but I feel like I need more features and would love a full sized keyboard for easy txting (i txt more than i call), so I have been looking at the Samsung T401G on net10 for a while. Yes, its reconditioned, but the new one costs thirty more bucks. I'll save the new monitor for a Christmas present . I think I'm making a good decision to sell my ZuneHD because I've had my Fuze for maybe two or three weeks and haven't touched my Zune since, its starting to get really dusty in the corner.

Retired Devices:

Old 09-17-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking that's what I'll do. I already have a tracfone (Samsung T301G), but I feel like I need more features and would love a full sized keyboard for easy txting (i txt more than i call), so I have been looking at the Samsung T401G on net10 for a while. Yes, its reconditioned, but the new one costs thirty more bucks. I'll save the new monitor for a Christmas present . I think I'm making a good decision to sell my ZuneHD because I've had my Fuze for maybe two or three weeks and haven't touched my Zune since, its starting to get really dusty in the corner.
Yeah i know what i mean dood, i had to put my in the Zune HD in a box because since i got the iTouch 4G i have not touch the Zune HD at all. also you did made a good decision to sell the Zune HD since you love texting why not get something that make you .

Old 09-17-2010, 04:32 PM

I certainly prefer having more than one DAP- I have 3 currently (all in my sig)
S9- awesome SQ and a great screen makes it my primary PMP nore than a DAP; it has my ''Most Played'' tracks and all episodes of the best show ever made ''Firefly'' plus a bunch of other silly stuff like flash games and some txt files from project gutenberg
Clip+- mostly for the gym so it contains all the energetic tracks and a whole load of dance tracks for when i teach aerobics (kinda gay sounding but it really is great for keeping fit )
Fuze- this is the one DAP i really cannot live without; the main 4GB memory houses all the track from my Clip+ and the microSD holds all the good stuff i.e: progressive, goth, mathcore, death metal, jazz, world music, etc although I'm thinkin of gettin several microSDs down the line and loadin 'em up with different genres .. so as you can tell, i'm a fan of havin multiple DAPs so long as they fulfil the end result you expect from each of them..

I read your post on the ''Which Cellphone You Have?'' thread regarding wanting to get an android phone.. I have no idea how the cellular networks work at your end of the world but if you can get a phone sim-free and use it along with the network provider you're currently with, i'd suggest you do that first instead of gettin the Clip+

Edit: just read you last post..glad that ur gettin a phone that makes u happy rather than gettin a clip just to make it a logistic in your DAP inventory

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Last edited by illusion; 09-17-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Old 09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think I'm making a good decision here....I havent touched my ZuneHD in two or three weeks, and I feel like I need a better phone more than I need my ZuneHD. And plus the chances are of me losing my Fuze are very very slim. The only challenge to this decision is ignoring all the bullshit that my family/friends blow at me about why the heck I would sell it .

Retired Devices:

Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 PM

.... Well I touch, feel, stroke, lick, etc. my ZuneHDs daily =)

Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
.... Well I touch, feel, stroke, lick, etc. my ZuneHDs daily =)
LMAO

Old 09-17-2010, 11:23 PM

I use my ZuneHD a lot less since I got my Palm Pre, but I never think of getting rid of it. Of course I would never own one of those toy looking Sandisk players either. Funny thing is. The ZuneHD is now the one of a kind player. A step below the Ipod Touch and several steps above everything else out there. To sell something you paid 220 for for 80 or 90 bucks is just dumb. I just sayin'.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
To sell something you paid 220 for for 80 or 90 bucks is just dumb. I just sayin'.
Yeah if my Zune HD don't sell then i'm gonna keep it even i do have i iTouch 4G.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
I use my ZuneHD a lot less since I got my Palm Pre, but I never think of getting rid of it. Of course I would never own one of those toy looking Sandisk players either. Funny thing is. The ZuneHD is now the one of a kind player. A step below the Ipod Touch and several steps above everything else out there. To sell something you paid 220 for for 80 or 90 bucks is just dumb. I just sayin'.
In your opinion...

Old 09-18-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
In your opinion...
Just because it's my opinion dosent make it not be dumb.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Haven't made the final decision to sell yet.....still seeing if there is any other way to get money for my phone besides selling my ZuneHD, even though I never use it anymore.

Retired Devices:

Tags
ipod touch selling zunehd