android
  #21  
Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Einav15 Einav15 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 64
Default

but your'e saying that if there are no problems with the prices and with the money "throwing", i guess it wont be difficult to buy an Iphone and not the touch
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
BlindBandit's Avatar
BlindBandit BlindBandit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
I just find it really hard to go without Zune Pass.
Well i was thinking that too but when i heard about the Xbox 360 update that will support Zune Pass in Nov, i was like WOAH. so pretty much i can enjoy my Zune Pass plus 10 free songs every month & put it on my iTouch 4G : ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einav15 View Post
but your'e saying that if there are no problems with the prices and with the money "throwing", i guess it wont be difficult to buy an Iphone and not the touch
Well $600 for a iPhone is alot of money, two i don't like contract because company's are greedy with there plan, three the iTouch is $229 for 8gb or $300 for 32gb so you going to pay less & have the same thing but with out a phone, a IPS screen, better camera, GPS & 256mb of less ram.

I was going to get a iPad but iTouch 4G has a camera, HD recording, Retina display, facetime & a better sound chip too.
heck even when i'm in lunch break i can watch Netflix over wifi or chat with my friends too.
__________________
Samsung Focus 8GB with Windows Phone 7 "Mango" + 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 with Samsung Stock Earbuds

Last edited by BlindBandit; 09-12-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
epithetless's Avatar
epithetless epithetless is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, Mass
Posts: 1,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
I make custom playlists on my Zune HD pretty often.
...that you can rearrange the contents of and remove songs from? Hm? When I said "customizable," I meant it in the sense that you have the ability to edit your "custom"-created playlists...
__________________
Rockbox Themes:
Sansa Fuze: XL Fuzed // Sansa Clip/Clip+: Cliplined

Last edited by epithetless; 09-12-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
pawdog pawdog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 40
Default

Why does the ZuneHD have to be sold. I can see why you or anyone would want a touch. Do you anticipate needing money made from selling it to afford the itouch. The only reason I can see for selling it.

I did not sell my Rio Karma, or my Zen Vision:M, or my Zune 30, nor my ZuneHD when I got my Palm Pre Plus. Except for the Karma (R.I.P.) I still use all these devices for different reasons and love them all.

Buying next gen hardware need not kill the last generation. These things can complement each other in your life.

You can only have one wife. But you are allowed to have more than one awesome PMP.
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Pandemic Pandemic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
Why does the ZuneHD have to be sold. I can see why you or anyone would want a touch. Do you anticipate needing money made from selling it to afford the itouch. The only reason I can see for selling it.

I did not sell my Rio Karma, or my Zen Vision:M, or my Zune 30, nor my ZuneHD when I got my Palm Pre Plus. Except for the Karma (R.I.P.) I still use all these devices for different reasons and love them all.

Buying next gen hardware need not kill the last generation. These things can complement each other in your life.

You can only have one wife. But you are allowed to have more than one awesome PMP.
I'm only 16 so yea, I'm selling the zune for some cash to put towards the iPod. I like to buy everything off craigslist (no taxes!) so I will probably wait a week or two till the new iPods start showing up there.
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 PM
pawdog pawdog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 40
Default

How much do you think you can get for it?
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
BlindBandit's Avatar
BlindBandit BlindBandit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
Why does the ZuneHD have to be sold. I can see why you or anyone would want a touch. Do you anticipate needing money made from selling it to afford the itouch. The only reason I can see for selling it.
You do know that the iTouch 4G has a new sound chip that sound a little bit better then the Zune HD right? also that the new iTouch 4G has more things too. that why most people get it.
__________________
Samsung Focus 8GB with Windows Phone 7 "Mango" + 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 with Samsung Stock Earbuds

Last edited by BlindBandit; 09-12-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 09-12-2010, 09:09 PM
pawdog pawdog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 40
Default

Oh I understand why people want i things. I have nothing against them. I just don't think you have to sell one thing just to get another thing, except when there are financial reasons. The OP has valid financial reasons. Does the new i thing come with new improved i ear phones that take advantage of the improved i chip. i think not. Do most i folk upgrade their phones with better ones, not from what I see.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Pandemic Pandemic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
Oh I understand why people want i things. I have nothing against them. I just don't think you have to sell one thing just to get another thing, except when there are financial reasons. The OP has valid financial reasons. Does the new i thing come with new improved i ear phones that take advantage of the improved i chip. i think not...
I've got some good headphones.
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 PM
lem7's Avatar
lem7 lem7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 502
Default

...What is the new sound chip for the touch 4g?
__________________
I hate Apple so much, I don't even eat the fruit!
Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
BlindBandit's Avatar
BlindBandit BlindBandit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
...What is the new sound chip for the touch 4g?
The iTouch 4G use a newer Cirrus Logic audio codec chip, which is the same as the iPhone4. that why the SQ is tiny bit better then the Zune HD.
__________________
Samsung Focus 8GB with Windows Phone 7 "Mango" + 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 with Samsung Stock Earbuds
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 09-13-2010, 08:35 AM
turdbogls turdbogls is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 119
Default

you know you can get a $20 MP3 player that has a radio tuner built in right. Also there are adapters out there that have an FM tuner built in.

if you are impressed with the features, and will actually use them, get the touch. the HD is far behind the new touch in every way except maybe sound quality...but for most people that really isn't something they can actually tell a difference in. if you arent going to be useing the apps, camera, or screen for video, the extra price isn't worth it.
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
JoshRead's Avatar
JoshRead JoshRead is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
you know you can get a $20 MP3 player that has a radio tuner built in right. Also there are adapters out there that have an FM tuner built in.

if you are impressed with the features, and will actually use them, get the touch. the HD is far behind the new touch in every way except maybe sound quality...but for most people that really isn't something they can actually tell a difference in. if you arent going to be useing the apps, camera, or screen for video, the extra price isn't worth it.
I legitimately don't know this, but does the Touch 4G play xvid?
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 AM
joyounghoon's Avatar
joyounghoon joyounghoon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindBandit View Post
The iTouch 4G use a newer Cirrus Logic audio codec chip, which is the same as the iPhone4. that why the SQ is tiny bit better then the Zune HD.
Tiny bit is an understatement to my ears.

But everyone's ears are different.
__________________
Current gear: Samsung Galaxy Player GB1
Current IEMs/Headphones: Etymotic Research MC5, Audio technica ESW10
Sold: iPod Touch 32 gig 4th gen, Zune HD
Broken/Lost: Sansa Clip, RE0 ;_;, JVC FX500 ;_;
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 09-14-2010, 01:28 AM
ZeroCorpse ZeroCorpse is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
How much do you think you can get for it?
That seems to vary wildly.

I bought my 32GB Zune HD for $150 plus $5 shipping.

On Amazon they range from $150 to near the current new retail price for a used one, but obviously, it's the lower-priced ones that sell faster, and condition has a lot to do with it.

I have not actually gotten mine yet. It's en route. The description said it was like new, in perfect condition... We'll see. I'm aware the price I paid was remarkably low, so I'm wondering if anything is going to be wrong with it, and what I'll do if I get a dud.

Caveat Emptor, of course. I'm pretty sure that means "If you get ripped off, kick someone's butt."
Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 09-14-2010, 01:45 AM
pawdog pawdog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 40
Default

Wonder if the seller is an original owner or someone who bought it from someone else and is making a profit.
Reply With Quote

  #37  
Old 09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
turdbogls turdbogls is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
I legitimately don't know this, but does the Touch 4G play xvid?
I doubt it. as far as i know the only format i know it plays for sure is MP4...but i seriously doubt is supports xvid, or anything other than the main video types.
Reply With Quote

  #38  
Old 09-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Zuniq Zuniq is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
I doubt it. as far as i know the only format i know it plays for sure is MP4...but i seriously doubt is supports xvid, or anything other than the main video types.
If the new ipad vlc works with iPhone and iPod Touch, you shouldn't worry about xvid...(i think)

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...ayer-for-ipad/
Reply With Quote

  #39  
Old 09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
JoshRead's Avatar
JoshRead JoshRead is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
I doubt it. as far as i know the only format i know it plays for sure is MP4...but i seriously doubt is supports xvid, or anything other than the main video types.
Well, that's a pretty big advantage for the Zune HD to a lot of people.
Reply With Quote

  #40  
Old 09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
BlindBandit's Avatar
BlindBandit BlindBandit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
Well, that's a pretty big advantage for the Zune HD to a lot of people.
Here the right version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
Well, that's a advantage for the Zune HD to a lot of people.
The reason why i change his quote because most of what he said is true.
most people who love xvid are mostly "well you know what i'm talking about" here a hint "argh". People need to learn that 720x480p res is dead & 1280x720p is the new 720x480p. hell i'm that kind of person who can't go back to SD TV after getting a 50in 1080p 3D HDTV, i can't.
__________________
Samsung Focus 8GB with Windows Phone 7 "Mango" + 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 with Samsung Stock Earbuds
Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
ipod touch selling zunehd

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.