android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Default First headphones (and first post!)

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a while both here and headfi, trying to figure out where to spend some money After much deliberation, I think I've decided on the Audio Technica AD-700, thoughts?

long version:
I'm looking for some new headphones for home use. I recently bought some of these http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHE600...pr_product_top at target, and while I'm sure they're crummy, they're loads better than the old ipod buds. Plus they're the first headphones I've owned that don't fall out of my ears. They'll do for now for portable use.

I think I'm about to jump on a set of AD-700s. Theyre about $90 on amazon at the moment. As I said, they'll be for home use through my laptop or desktop. I will also use them for watching movies and playing games after hours while my fiance is sleeping. (TV is 2 rooms over from the bedroom, so open headphones should be a problem)

I listen to mostly bluegrass/bluegrass/old country, but also enjoy industrial/hard rock type stuff as well. Do the AD-700s sound like a good jump into 'real headphones' territory?

As a side note, if I wanted to improve sound quality out of my notebook/desktop for best use with the new headphones would I want something like the Fiio E7 or a turtle beach usb card?

Thanks a ton!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]