android
Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 PM

Default Limited Maxmum Amount of Pictures?

I received my P2 a few years ago, and I've loved it very much since then. I used it as my primary text reader (I haven't touched a book in ages thanks to it) as well as a bluetooth headset-sort of thing, as well as, of course, an mp3 player. One of my favorite functions is its ability to store images and view them, a function I use almost daily as my profession involves images. A problem I've recently encountered, though, is that there seems to be a limit to the amount of images the P2 will acknowledge: I can't get more than 4096 onto it.

Is there anyway to bypass this limit? My knowledge of binary hints to me that this might be impossible. I'd like to have all my images ready available.

Last edited by Gachiko; 07-15-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hmm As you know, the picture viewer is not a main feature on a DAP although all of them have it when they have a color screen.
It is well known there is a limit of supported music files but I guess you're the first one who put so many pictures on the P2. There may be also a limit for pictures but it's specified nowhere as 99,99% P2 users wouldn't care on that limit.

I don't see any way to bypass it. The firmware is not open source

Old 07-21-2010, 10:36 PM

I see, thank you.

Is there any news as to whether or not the P3 or any other Samsung devices have this limitation? As you've said, I doubt many people would really care about it, and it's not the main feature of the P2.

Something I've noticed with the P2 is that it's not that you can't put MORE than 4096 images on it, it's just that that's the maximum it'll display on the list. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens if you have more than 4096 of any item on a list on the P2. The items are still there on the device, I just can't look at them without using a computer.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yes that's normal you can put more than 4096 files on it.
The only limit is the FAT32 limitation (max size of a single file is 4Gb)
But the P3 does not display them as for music files.

There is any way to know if that limit also exists on the other Samsung DAP but to try or ask Samsung.

-I own all Samsung DAP (P2, P3, M1, Q2, R1, R0 etc etc) but I guess I don't have more than 4096 pictures on my computer
-I may ask Samsung Korea for you when I'm less busy

Old 09-11-2010, 04:22 AM

4096 pictures!!

How many do you want!