android
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 AM

Default 32GB cards in Fuze, OK?

Hi guys
just wanted to check- high capacity micro SD cards are compatible with the Fuze, aren't they? Just wanted to check before buying a 32 gb....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 AM

Yes but be careful what dealer you buy from, fake 32's keep surfacing around.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-10-2010, 07:22 AM

Remember the huge refresh rates of Sansa fuze. A full microSD on Fuze will take ages to refresh.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 AM

I just wanted to chime in and remind you that there is only ONE manufacturer out there that produces/sells 32 gb micro sd cards: Sandisk.

any card which has not sandisk printed on the front is a fake (and even then it might be a fake ). buy this stuff only from reputable places, not ever from ebay (unless an official ebay retailer with warranty and stuff).

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovesky View Post
Remember the huge refresh rates of Sansa fuze. A full microSD on Fuze will take ages to refresh.
this is only if you dont CLEAN UP YOUR TAGS!!!!

i cant state this enought, you need to CLEAN UP YOUR id3 TAGS, remove un-needed stuff like comments, remove all but id3v2.3 iso tags, clean tags=fast refresh.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Da...sh/td-p/188242
again, if you experience crazy long refreshes CLEAN UP YOUR TAGS!!!

It takes 3-5min MAX to refresh my 8gb fuze with 16gb card!!!!
mp3tag will let you select all, and clean up tags in one shot, you can even to it directly on your player(if its in MSC mode, it will take longer on the player then on hdd tho, usb is slow!!!)

and i could sware that samsung had some 32gb microsdhc cards out...could be wrong tho, I brows ALOT of tech sites.....to many really :P

Old 09-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Indeed - I cleaned up all my tags and now it refreshes about 3 times faster than before.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Indeed - I cleaned up all my tags and now it refreshes about 3 times faster than before.
shockingly effective isnt it

Old 09-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah - at first I thought I hit the turbo switch on the Sansa AMS somehow.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:48 AM

Beyond just "clean up your tags", could someone explain which tags the Fuze recognizes and makes use of?

For instance, can it make use of the ARTISTSORT VorbisComment field (in Flac or Ogg files), TSOP frame in Mp3 files?

For instance:

ARTIST/TPE1=Miles Davis
ARTISTSORT/TPOS=Davis, Miles

Old 11-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

With a 32 GB card, if your file pathnames are long(due to long file names, long folder names, or heavy nesting of folders), or your tag names are long, and you are using a bitrate less than 192 or have songs that average less than 4 minutes each, then you might overload the database, and not have all your songs on the player be accesible. The Fuze with the later firmware versions claims an 8,000 song limit, however some users have commented that 6,000 or fewer of their songs were accesible, even though many more were on the player and the player still had empty space. It is hard to quantify all the different limits on the Fuze, as several things go into determining how much space each entry in the database file takes up, and the database file has a maximum size it can grow to.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadohiosky View Post
I just wanted to chime in and remind you that there is only ONE manufacturer out there that produces/sells 32 gb micro sd cards: Sandisk.

any card which has not sandisk printed on the front is a fake (and even then it might be a fake ). buy this stuff only from reputable places, not ever from ebay (unless an official ebay retailer with warranty and stuff).
Kingston also do them mate class 4.Not sure which are the best though .