Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2010, 05:58 AM
Default review sansa 8gb fuze+ vs sansa fuze 4gb

Bought 8gb white Fuze+ (plus)

I have 4gb Sansa Fuze with wheel control and I simply find the new Fuze + lacking in features and UI experience. Sound quality is not any better.

Updated the fuze+ to firmware version 01.27.02

a) compared to the Fuze, start up time still the same (about 10 seconds)

b) SanDisk removed the ability to browse and play files form directories. Everything is by play list /artist/genre only

c) There is no way to find out the bit rate of the song being played (on the old you could do it rather simply)

d) b) because of b) my navigation is extraordinary bad experience

e) the 'Custom' menu on Fuze+ allows to remove the books/videos/podcasat from the scroll menu, however not the Sansa SR card (which I do not use either).

f) the flash card slot is exposed without any protection (so if you plan to take it to the beach -- prepare to have sand inside)

g) The Controls on the touch interface do not have any back light, so unlike the previous version -- this one is hard to navigate without light

h) unlike the Fuze, the fuze+ does not let you play top rated songs. So I do not understand why have rating in the song menu

Sound quality is still good, so if you do not mind the UI -- then you should get it. I did not use the stock ear buds -- so do not know if they got any better/worse.

The SanDisk Fuze software updater works the same
so that's nice.

Last edited by platform; 09-10-2010 at 06:16 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

8gb, fuze+, review, white