android
Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 AM

It's a good app, but I've already got a metronome.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNoGames View Post
Guys, just as a sidenote: I created the metronome some months ago because people at Zuneboards requested it. Its not MS who said "Oh, the ZuneHD needs a metronome, cause it will satisfy 80% of ZuneHD users".
So instead of being picky, just be happy about MS keeping release apps! If you have no use of particular released apps, it's a personal "problem" in my point of view. I know there are people who want a metronome on their Zune and this app is exactly for them. And its still FREE, right? So if you have no use for it, just don't fire it up. Thats my advice
Hey guys - just wanted to chime in here. For those that have contributed constructive criticism, thanks. For those who have been less helpful, let me only offer this...

DiNoGames has been developing high quality stuff for the Zune HD - stuff which I noticed, and I know many of you on here have noticed as well. I've been working with him to get his stuff on Marketplace - and we had a very small release window when we had to update Twitter to account for the API changes that Twitter made.

Rather than holding back, we knew we had Metronome ready, and I'm ALWAYS going to err on the side of getting you apps/games when I can, vs. not. As I keep saying, this isn't the last you'll hear of app/game releases - from us nor DiNoGames.

So, if you have feedback on the title - I'm sure Dirk would be delighted to consider it for any future updates - but in the meantime, I just ask that you appreciate 1) more folks are contributing to the Marketplace than just Microsoft, and 2) not every title will be everything to everyone (and that's just fine).

That said - congrats Dirk! We have a very special thankyou gift coming your way, which you're very welcome to post about once you get it.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Someone just got (I hope!!!) a Zune HD 64GB!!!

Old 09-10-2010, 01:13 PM

I like the idea, but it's not very zune-like (the interface and layout). But yes, it is nice to see new apps.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:18 PM

In my humble opinion, this app is steering very close to those type of apps on iPhone that we make fun of.

What's next, bubblewrap popper app?

I'm happy they are still giving us a little bit of attention, but I am not happy with the content. And since it's the effort that counts, thank you.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Buddy

Nice - I've had more requests for a bubblewrap app in my inbox than most others...

Cheers, Dave.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
Nice - I've had more requests for a bubblewrap app in my inbox than most others...

Cheers, Dave.
It would certainly be more tasteful than a fart app, wouldn't it?

Old 09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

Cheers, Dave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It would certainly be more tasteful than a fart app, wouldn't it?
LOL!!! I agree, Bubblewrap Popping is fun!!! Farts, not so much,.............

Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
LOL!!! I agree, Bubblewrap Popping is fun!!! Farts, not so much,.............
+1 Yeah, I cannot wait for it either.

But big congratulations to Huehnerschaender, he did a very well done job there. Cannot sit tight until the next apps are released.

But of course, kudos to Dave, very nice of him that he supports independent developers so much.

Bethsoftfan.

Last edited by Bethsoftfan; 09-10-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd take an original Bubble popping game if someone came up with one. How about a 3D paint balloon throwing app? From the player's POV you see a barrel of a balloon canon. Pick a color, use the G-Sensor to tilt/aim the canon. Double tap to fire, then see the impact on a giant canvas in the distance. Mix colors and impact angles to create a masterpiece that shows off your artistic talent (or lack of it). Once finished, the masterwork and it's creation can be played back to music as you enjoy it all on the great OLED screen, and even your HDTV if connected.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethsoftfan View Post
But of course, kudos to Dave, very nice of him that he supports independent developers so much.
Why would he want to make the opposite?

Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
Why would he want to make the opposite?
To swing the lead. There are a lot of people who only do what they must, and only when a supervisor is there.
Dave really isn't one of those persons though, thank goodness.

Bethsoftfan.

Last edited by Bethsoftfan; 09-10-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 PM

All I can say is, congratulations DiNoGames. Sure, it doesn't satisfy the whole universe, but it's a brilliant application and deserves recognition as the first "community app".

Thanks for keeping it free, and I look forward to more apps by you!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 AM

@Dirk- Congratulations, you definitely deliver some of the highest-quality Zune apps anywhere. You earned it.

@Dave- I began the submission process for an app as well several months ago. If you have time to post on this forum, might you have time to give me a quick reply as to how we can move forward?

Old 09-11-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlatt View Post
In my humble opinion, this app is steering very close to those type of apps on iPhone that we make fun of.
How is a metronome a bad app? It has a purpose, and it isn't clowning around. Yes, it is the niche market of beginner musicians who don't have metronomes yet, but at least it will be used.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenArms3 View Post
@Dave- I began the submission process for an app as well several months ago. If you have time to post on this forum, might you have time to give me a quick reply as to how we can move forward?
Hi Grant - I got your email. I only just got back from Hong Kong on Thursday night, and have been busy preparing for a trip to SFO, LAX and SYD next week. Anyhow - excuses are lame, I'll get back to you this weekend.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Hi Grant - I got your email. I only just got back from Hong Kong on Thursday night, and have been busy preparing for a trip to SFO, LAX and SYD next week. Anyhow - excuses are lame, I'll get back to you this weekend.

Cheers, Dave.
It's ok, thanks for replying! I understand completely. I hope I didn't come off as disrespectful in my previous post. It's not fair to expect you to catch up with every amateur developer who shoots an email your way.

Back to the Metronome, I've recently begun tinkering with electronic music production. The software I use is great for keeping me in time with the beat when I'm using a midi controller, but if I want to just record some acoustic guitar riffs over it, it doesn't actually let me just play a metronome. So Dirk, this app is really convenient for me already, and perfectly timed.

I actually have an electronic metronome already, but it only does increments of 4 on the BPM. Precision is always better.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:37 AM

I am very happy about all the positiv comments. Thank you all very much!
And be sure I keep working on ZuneHD games/apps. Even if I am working on WP7 ports at the moment, I'll try to get everything working on the ZuneHD as well.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:02 PM

It's a pretty cool app...if only the zune hd had speakers xD