android
Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 PM

Default Wall & USB Charger Recommendations?

Had a Zen Vision M for many years. LOVED IT! But, it was killed by an off the rack usb car charger. (damn you Walgreens!) Just purchased a Zen X-Fi Style 32G. Am afraid to use the usb port on my phone's car or wall chargers or the usb port in my after market car stereo.

Am wondering what brands/types of wall, car, and usb chargers you guys are using. What can I trust? ...and can I use the known-to-work wall charger from my Vision M? How about the mini-usb cord from my Vision M?

Thoughts? Recommendations? (I'm really kinda nervous now)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-22-2010, 10:12 AM

BUELLER... BUELLER?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM

Default All you need is a good wall wart

I have been using just a cheap wall wart to charge my Zen X-Fi. I have built a nice external battery pack/charger so that I can use it for much longer but I have just a cheap wall wart which works fine. The basic problem that most folks run into is that it charges at 500mAh unless you put some resistors on the d+/d- lines to trick the player into thinking it is plugged into a PC, that way it will charge at 1100 mAh.

If you are handy or you can find one there is a thing called a mintyboost 3 which can be adapted, add one PIC circuit to the output of the charge and it becomes a very stable power supply battery charger.