android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010, 04:09 PM

Default Like New Zen Stone, won't turn on :(

I got this zen stone for christmas 2 yrs ago, I charged it up used it a few days and sorta forgot about it till I moved last month and found it again.

My daughter was asking what it was and I figured I would charge it up and put some music on it for her.

OK I plug it in, it is detected, the music is there, removed it put new songs on it, can even play the songs from the zen thru the computer, erase replace etc all that works.

Left the zen on the pc overnight to fully charge it up yet when I press the play button to turn it on i get nothing, tried fast press, press and hold a few secs, even stuck a pin in the reset button thinking maybe it just needed a fresh start, but no go...

I do get a flashing green light when plugged in via usb cord, and again i can see add remove files fine when plugged into the pc, but once unplugged from pc i have a "zen stone" excuse the pun hehe..

This unit had maybe 4 days total use on it and is still like new so i am really stumped here, anyone have a suggestion?

Is the internal battery maybe just dead or is there something else i can or should try?

I did notice when charging its a green solid light that eventually starts flashing once the pc detects it, while plugged in via usb if i press the play/power button the flashing light turns to a redish orange flashing light (dunno if that tells us anything) just something I noticed.

Thanks for any help on this, kinda bummed it's not working and having so little use its stumping me as to why it isn't turning on....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]