android
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 PM

Default Two questions

I'm wondering:

Where are the files stored? They are not in the folder I specified for ripping, at least not in their final form. After I rip, if I change anything (titles, artists etc.) those changes are not shown in the files in the folder I specified.

Can one eliminate the cover art (without replacing it with another image). I just want the empty box with the Zune logo in it on some albums.

Many thanks,
Wally

Last edited by WallyO; 09-12-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 PM

1. No idea, sorry.
2.The program MP3Tag will do it. Just remove the image. Zune doesn't support removing album art (oddly enough).

Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd try a system search.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyO View Post
I'm wondering:

Where are the files stored? They are not in the folder I specified for ripping, at least not in their final form. After I rip, if I change anything (titles, artists etc.) those changes are not shown in the files in the folder I specified.

Can one eliminate the cover art (without replacing it with another image). I just want the empty box with the Zune logo in it on some albums.

Many thanks,
Wally
*Make sure to have Zune software close when doing this*

If you on Windows XP, Windows Vista then go to Windows Media Player 11.
then go to artist then pick any artist you want to remove the cover art. to do this go to the artist album then press the right mouse. it should say advance tag editor then go to pictures & look for the cover art & click on delete.

Once you did that open the Zune software & it should not have any cover art. if you do still have cover art then go to settings on the Zune software then go to metadata then media info. uncheck automatically update album art and metadata & click on ok.

If that don't work then download iTunes & install it, once you did that add your music to iTunes. go to view menu on the iTunes software & pick as grid. now go to the artist you want to remove the cover art then press the right mouse, it should say Get info. now you going to see a menu, go to artwork & delete the cover art & click on ok.

Last edited by BlindBandit; 09-07-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 AM

So it sounds as no one is backing up the Zune data stored on the computer. Is that right? To do that, I'd need to know where the Zune program is storing all this information, not just the ripped music files. Only the music files themselves are in the folder I selected for ripping.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wally

Old 09-09-2010, 03:13 PM

On XP the data files are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Zune

You'd probably have to rename/delete the ZuneStore.sdf file to remove the artwork but it might remove more than just that one cover. Plus in the album folder there should be some hidden jpg files too. Better yet find the cover in the Art Cache folder and delete that, then the ones in the album folder (wherever it was ripped to).

Old 09-12-2010, 12:52 AM

Machiventa, thank you very much. This is very helpful.

Wally