android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 AM

Default Sansa Fuze+: First Impressions

Received it in the mail today, looks good so far. First things first, it does not cure cancer or end world hunger as we all expected it would, so big disappointment there (sorry if you don't get the joke).

Otherwise, very nice looking player. Feels a little less weighty in your hand by comparison with the Fuze. Some may say it feels "cheaper" than the Fuze, but that is a subjective issue. I'll do a very quick rundown of my overall first impression:

Really like the new UI, SO MUCH BETTER than the utterly outdated UI of the Fuze. You can now choose any image for your background or let the UI create a collage of album artwork. You can customize the menu, in which I promptly unchecked the Podcasts and Radio menus as I will never use them. Swiping and scrolling is going to be take a few minutes to get used to as I am finding it very easy to scroll too far in the artist or settings menu, but its not a huge deal, not anything you can't get used to, though it will undoubtedly annoy some people on here, again a subjective thing. Sound quality doesn't seem to have changed at all, which is a great thing, but I do not test this kind of stuff, so I'll leave that to a professional reviewer. Screen looks very nice, big improvement I think, in size and quality. Music playback is sweet looking, nice big album art (I was hoping they would do this, thank you Sandisk). You can scroll through an album by swiping left and right or by pressing. One con I am noticing is that it takes a long time to boot up for some reason, but again, hardly a big deal as it is no more than 8 seconds I think. I'm certain I'll think of some other things as I go through the player. Also, the black is a fingerprint magnet, no surprise there, very glossy plastic, and again, very lightweight. I like it a whole lot better than my Fuze so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00011-20100902-0956.jpg (32.0 KB, 557 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00010-20100902-0953.jpg (32.4 KB, 528 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00012-20100902-1003.jpg (37.5 KB, 573 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00016-20100902-1006.jpg (41.9 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00017-20100902-1007.jpg (49.8 KB, 575 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]