android
Old 09-01-2010, 11:31 AM

Default Fisher Audio DBA-02 vs HJE 900 dilemma

Hi ABi, first post in here.
I have troubling deciding on my next IEMs since both my cx550s and ep 630s broke down.
I am considering the dba-02s since they 've been getting raving reviews but a part of me is saying that they 're a bit over hyped.
The HJE900s on the other hand are a kinda safe buy.

I don't have any music signature preferences, just like to sound musical and make me rediscover my libraries.

So does anyone have experience with the dba's? Do they worth the ~30 euro premium and extra waiting period?

Ty in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 AM

I love the HJE900, but I dont know about the dba02s

Old 01-06-2011, 04:14 AM

They sound nothing alike.

It's a question of choosing between two different kinds of presentations. DBA-02 are a very good IEM. Personally I like them over HJE900, but they are not for everybody. I think of them as an enhanced, better, refined RE0. If you have an affinity for seeking every tiny detail in music, require speed, do not mind the aggressive treble, bright presentation, sacrifice bass quantity from what you're used to, then you can consider DBA-02.

But coming from CX550 and EP-630, I don't think DBA-02's bass would feel enough for you. Once you do the foam mod, find the right tip and have good source files, HJE900 will be a quality upgrade over your previous IEMs.

As for 'over-hype', there are those who do not like it as much. If Fischer Audio was geared to take on the current demand, the ownership would have been wide-spread and you may have a better idea of where they stand.

Last edited by esanthosh; 01-06-2011 at 04:59 AM.