android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman S Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2010, 03:01 PM

Default Sony NWZ-S746 - Recieved today, a few impressions & some pics

Hi guys,

Today I recieved my S746 and although being amazed at how beautiful it is and how much more functional it is than my old E445 I couldn't help feelign slightly disappointed.

Fortunately it's because I bought it from eBay, from a seller who must have purchased a bulk amount from Japan, and not because Sony has failed to deliver.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the plain white box which had replaced the retail packaging was that the gold 'W' logo on the bottom right of the device was not there which immediately concerned me. I then noticed the headphones were different to the ones pictured but whether they are any worse I couldn' tell you. I have a pair of Sennheiser cx-550's so never intended to use them.

The last problem i've got is that the sound recorder menu is still in Japanese and although I can use the feature still it's quite annoying.

The device itself is the best mp3 player I have ever owned and i've had around 15, 6 of which being Sony and I would recommend it to anyway.

I'll also add that if you have had the low volume problem like I have then you should really consider getting one of these as the sound is phenomenal.

If anyone can help with the menu problem or knows whether there is any new firmware for this device then I'd be pleased to here from you.

Giro

http://img294.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=1000274av.jpg

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
s740, s746, sony, walkman