android
Old 08-23-2010, 08:27 AM

Default Bookmark feature not working properly?

One of the reasons for buying the X-Fi2 was the fact that I can set up to 10 bookmarks.

Unfortunately the bookmark feature seems to be implemented incompletely as it only stores the file currently being played but not the playlist that the file is from.

i.e. when you're playing e.g. song 10 of 20 and place a bookmark, restoring to the bookmark gets you the same song as 1 of 1 which means that the player stops at the end of this song rather then moving to the next song out of the original playlist.

Thus I have to manually select the appropriate list of songs (again) in order to be able to continue listining to the end of the disk/playlist as intended.

Am I missing something or is this a known defect?

Thanks,
Stefan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-24-2010, 05:26 PM

Correct me, if i am wrong, but isnt bookmark intended for one song? The feature you are talking about is called "save as playlist". You can save current playlist (and name it) in side menu when in "playing now" screen. this option is 5 lines below "set bookmark".

Old 08-24-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirius View Post
Correct me, if i am wrong, but isnt bookmark intended for one song? The feature you are talking about is called "save as playlist". You can save current playlist (and name it) in side menu when in "playing now" screen. this option is 5 lines below "set bookmark".
I don't think he meant that. Saving the currently playing list to a playlist doesn't remember where you were in that list.
It could be intended for one song though, that would be useful for audiobooks. (if it remembers where you were in the track)

I don't use bookmarks.. maybe someone else has experience with that?

What I use is the resume feature; when you shutdown the player while it's playing, it will resume that list from that specific point in the track as soon as you turn it on. But that only works one time (when you shut it off/turn it on) and you can't save it for later use, as you would expect from a bookmark.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 AM

You're correct in asusming that I'd like to use bookmarks for audio books or classical music.

I'm currently using the resume feature you mention as that seems to be the only thing that works but it doesn't allow me to save bookmarks for multiple books (e.g. the kids' book when we're driving in the car together vs my book when I'm driving alone).

It's just that I'm very unhappy about the way that Creative has implemented the bookmark feature as I can't see the benefit of being able to save the current postion in up to 10 songs unless they should reflect concept albums or CDs ripped as one. While it's helpful to be able to save the current postion in audio books the player stops at the end of the chapter as it doesn't remember the current position of the current song/chapter within the current playlist :-(

Is it only me seeing this as problem? Hopefully not as this would clearly diminish the chances of Creative fixing/changing the implementation...

Tags