android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > MP3 Player News

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 PM
inthemist inthemist is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I've seen those 24/96 albums online....1GB for one album sometimes....that's just silly IMO.

If I have a FLAC, then I convert to V2 or V0.... that's good enough for me on a portable player.
ya its crazy 1 song like 140 megs

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #102  
Old 12-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Adub's Avatar
Adub Adub is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: T DOT
Posts: 1,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
Sure, very lazy of me not to! Here it is.
Fantastic thread, thanks for the link.
__________________
last.fm#abi ircrockboxnoobglossaryhiphopthreadhorrormoviethread
XBLive Tag: wuaffiliate
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

  #103  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
system11 system11 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 46
Default

I'd like to see some RMAA results for one of these.

EDIT: I found some
http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-965857-1-2.html

If those are true it doesn't really have bass rolloff at all.

Last edited by system11; 12-31-2010 at 05:33 PM.

  #104  
Old 03-03-2011, 07:28 AM
deadohiosky's Avatar
deadohiosky deadohiosky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany, EU, Earth, Milkyway
Posts: 924
Default

clicked the ebay link, had a look at the "specs" and i'm not impressed.

comparing the colofly with a the hifiman is also a dubious honor to say the least.

now wait? is that a spam post...
__________________
Think for yourself. Question authority. - Timothy Leary

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

  #105  
Old 03-03-2011, 07:32 AM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

Yeah, it's just spam. The idiot used the same nickname for ABI and the eBay account where he's trying to sell that hunk of junk. Smart move.
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain

  #106  
Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 AM
lestatar's Avatar
lestatar lestatar is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hong Kong now, but NYC always
Posts: 4,657
Default

^ roflmao. Well, at least he's consistent... Was gonna retort, but my spam-radar must be working better today
__________________
DAPs:2xRBFuze8+16GB|SonyE345|ZenV+,Micro,Xtra40GBx2|RBG igabeatFX|RCAOpal
IEMs:PanaHJE900|Nuforce 700x|HippoVB|iMetal590,i490|SM PL-21|CX300|EP630,Aurvana
Guitars:IbanezS540,JS1200|Ovation
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

  #107  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:45 AM
deadohiosky's Avatar
deadohiosky deadohiosky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany, EU, Earth, Milkyway
Posts: 924
Default

well, my radar didn't tick off until i saw that this post was just too well structured to be just another forum post.

the ebay link for me did not bring any results other than ebay wondering whether "colorful items" were meant instead. that's what confused me and made me realize.

alas, it was a matter of minutes... it's a little off but still works.
__________________
Think for yourself. Question authority. - Timothy Leary

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

  #108  
Old 03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
lestatar's Avatar
lestatar lestatar is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hong Kong now, but NYC always
Posts: 4,657
Default

^ lol
__________________
DAPs:2xRBFuze8+16GB|SonyE345|ZenV+,Micro,Xtra40GBx2|RBG igabeatFX|RCAOpal
IEMs:PanaHJE900|Nuforce 700x|HippoVB|iMetal590,i490|SM PL-21|CX300|EP630,Aurvana
Guitars:IbanezS540,JS1200|Ovation
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

  #109  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 AM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

Here's some RMAA tests with that thing, from the German Hifi Forum: http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?a...postID=329#329 - links to two full test sets at 32 Ohm and 250 Ohm at the bottom. I wish they posted a full 16 Ohm test as well.

Also, from all I read, the Colorfly plays neither 24/96 nor 24/192 natively - it seems to just upsample from 16/44. Not that this matters for any normal/sane person, but this should provide quite a bit of whining for "audiophiles".
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain

  #110  
Old 04-03-2011, 03:04 AM
lebellium's Avatar
lebellium lebellium is offline
Samsung Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,599
Default

Hey I just found that in a mag this morning
For people who understand german...


I should read German mags more often
__________________
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*

  #111  
Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 AM
razorblader's Avatar
razorblader razorblader is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 138
Default

Well, expectedly they describe it as delivering the audio manna that the audiophiles (disciples, religious fanatics - take your pick) have been longing for and who cares that the usability is a bit 'wooden' (bad pun apology...) if it sounds that good.

The price now seems to be € 600,-...I mean seriously.

Last edited by razorblader; 04-03-2011 at 07:53 AM.

  #112  
Old 04-03-2011, 08:24 AM
lestatar's Avatar
lestatar lestatar is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hong Kong now, but NYC always
Posts: 4,657
Default

Hmmm...I wonder if the price spike has anything to do with the dreck HyFyMan crap? Still like the design better on the Colorfly, but like the HyFyMan, they ain't never getting my money...
__________________
DAPs:2xRBFuze8+16GB|SonyE345|ZenV+,Micro,Xtra40GBx2|RBG igabeatFX|RCAOpal
IEMs:PanaHJE900|Nuforce 700x|HippoVB|iMetal590,i490|SM PL-21|CX300|EP630,Aurvana
Guitars:IbanezS540,JS1200|Ovation
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

  #113  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Confispect's Avatar
Confispect Confispect is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,291
Default

Well I'll be dammed.
__________________
Some people are just more stupid then others, no no no what I'm talking about is the people always being affected by whats going on around them.

  #114  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
JxK's Avatar
JxK JxK is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
Well, expectedly they describe it as delivering the audio manna that the audiophiles (disciples, religious fanatics - take your pick) have been longing for and who cares that the usability is a bit 'wooden' (bad pun apology...) if it sounds that good.

The price now seems to be € 600,-...I mean seriously.
Ouch. And the design isn't even the least appealing. I don't mind the retro look - I don't mind the look of grados for instance - but something about the design just bothers me. More so than even the hifiman 801.

I wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing head-to-head comparisons on headfi. Bring on the popcorn I say.
__________________
Home: Laptop > TBAAM > Audio Technica M50, Grado SR-60
Portable: Sansa Clip (rockbox) > Phonak Audéo PFE,
Meelectronics M6, Koss ksc75
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

  #115  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:00 AM
esanthosh's Avatar
esanthosh esanthosh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: India
Posts: 207
Default

I shudder to think about the day when we'll have $1000 DAP shoot out. We are getting there quickly. We are just in the 'Night of the Living Dead', we will soon see 'Dawn' and 'Day' of the 10 year old components playing files at 384/32.

  #116  
Old 07-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Eargasm Eargasm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Angry Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Here's some RMAA tests with that thing, from the German Hifi Forum: http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?a...postID=329#329 - links to two full test sets at 32 Ohm and 250 Ohm at the bottom. I wish they posted a full 16 Ohm test as well.

Also, from all I read, the Colorfly plays neither 24/96 nor 24/192 natively - it seems to just upsample from 16/44. Not that this matters for any normal/sane person, but this should provide quite a bit of whining for "audiophiles".

Wrong yet again, begs the question "can you even read". The CF can play native Wav files 16/44/ 24/96 and 24/192. I know, I have one.Try making sure of your facts before posting, you should know better than this as an administrator"!

  #117  
Old 07-17-2011, 08:29 AM
sideways sideways is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
Wrong yet again, begs the question raises the question "can you even read". The CF can play native Wav files 16/44/ 24/96 and 24/192. I know, I have one.Try making sure of your facts before posting, you should know better than this as an administrator"!
Grammar Nazi'd

  #118  
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Eargasm Eargasm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post
Fair enough. But still facts are facts and going through a selection of previous posts it seems there is much speculation, rumors, a heap of opinions and a whole lot of arrogance here. Think I'll bow out and hang with adults.

  #119  
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Also, from all I read, the Colorfly plays neither 24/96 nor 24/192 natively - it seems to just upsample from 16/44. Not that this matters for any normal/sane person, but this should provide quite a bit of whining for "audiophiles".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
Wrong yet again, begs the question "can you even read". The CF can play native Wav files 16/44/ 24/96 and 24/192. I know, I have one.Try making sure of your facts before posting, you should know better than this as an administrator"!
What kind of moron loads WAV files on their DAP anyway? How much space does one album in 24/96 or 24/192 take?
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520

  #120  
Old 07-17-2011, 01:11 PM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
Wrong yet again, begs the question "can you even read". The CF can play native Wav files 16/44/ 24/96 and 24/192. I know, I have one.Try making sure of your facts before posting, you should know better than this as an administrator"!
No reason to get all douchebaggy on me, or use a red font. Seriously, how old are you, twelve? The red font sure gets your point across much better.

I clearly wrote "from all I read" - and at the time I wrote that post (March) nobody could get those formats to play on that thing, according to people on several different forums, German and English speaking. Not that it matters anyways, since 24/96 or 24/192 doesn't sound any different than 16/44, and you have to be quite the nutjob to load a portable player with uncompressed WAV, as Marvin already said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
Fair enough. But still facts are facts and going through a selection of previous posts it seems there is much speculation, rumors, a heap of opinions and a whole lot of arrogance here. Think I'll bow out and hang with adults.
Right, arrogance. And "facts are facts".

Just go away. This is not the right forum for you.
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.