android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > MP3 Player News

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
S:Flo destroys anything you care to mention, put up or shut up.
I think that he saw the specs and took it for granted that it would make the player the best. But what I always wondered is how much of it is the specs and how much of it is how the manufacturer uses the equipment with the UI.

As it showed on the site with the graphs, the s:Flo 2 was better with the line out than with the headphone out. Also it showed that the Cowon D2+ with inferior equipment out performed the s:Flo 2.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupprtTekkie View Post
I think that he saw the specs and took it for granted that it would make the player the best. But what I always wondered is how much of it is the specs and how much of it is how the manufacturer uses the equipment with the UI.

As it showed on the site with the graphs, the s:Flo 2 was better with the line out than with the headphone out. Also it showed that the Cowon D2+ with inferior equipment out performed the s:Flo 2.
You just made my evening (as this also means my D2 can't be far off)!!!! Thanks,........

Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan75 View Post
Wow is this Nazi Germany you douche bags? Ignorant? No, I just told you I had real world experience, I wasn't looking at graphs. Deadohiosky real world what??? I just said it out performed about 6 different players and you want what? D2 vs S:Flo is 37x 2@16ohm vs 60x2@32ohm and want to cock on? Ban me? Are you guys kidding???? Show some graphs that weren't Teclast??? S:Flo destroys anything you care to mention, put up or shut up. Don't stand behind some graph. S:Flo vs any big player with a range of IEM and Cans. You know you guys lose. I aint even trying to compete, I chase sound quality. I have a NAD amp at home driving two axis speakers. So whatever....
same guy as
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...7&postcount=41
?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
You just made my evening (as this also means my D2 can't be far off)!!!! Thanks,........
The D2 might lack a tiny bit of bass response with some ultra-low impedance phones (which might not even be audible), but the s-flo has rolled off treble with any phone on its headphone-out.

I may start sounding like a broken record, but any decent player sounds as good as the next one to the human ear. If you care to AB-test some players side by side, with matched volume, you will see that there is no real difference.

Players are among the least important factors for sound reproduction (of course their EQs and sound enhancements matter, but their hardware does not). What's really important for sound reproduction is the recording/encoding quality and the headphones used.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The D2 might lack a tiny bit of bass response with some ultra-low impedance phones (which might not even be audible), but the s-flo has rolled off treble with any phone on its headphone-out.

I may start sounding like a broken record, but any decent player sounds as good as the next one to the human ear. If you care to AB-test some players side by side, with matched volume, you will see that there is no real difference.

Players are among the least important factors for sound reproduction (of course their EQs and sound enhancements matter, but their hardware does not). What's really important for sound reproduction is the recording/encoding quality and the headphones used.
AMEN!!!

I've learned a lot here on ABI, more than any other site (thanks to great people and great links to info for education), and I've learned that being honest w/yourself and others is the most important aspect of all.

Yes, all these DAP's do sound pretty much the same, and EQ'ing changes it all - but flat all are EQUAL. And all those over-hyped BS players are just that - BULLSHIT!!! I'm glad this is the place I got my first exposure to real people who tell it like it is - with nothing to lose or gain.

As for my D2 & J3, it's all about my EQ and BBE/+ baby - and to me it's making all the difference in the world (plus, like someone said), paired w/headphones that FINALLY show me what real SQ is. I finally love my stuff!!!

PS: Cowon FTW!!! But I still wanna try the ColorFly,...

Old 08-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
*snip*
I still wanna try the ColorFly,...
If you get it, then you will truly be
superfly.jpg

Old 08-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

More idiots on the internet, thanks to our buddy's over @head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/508497/ideal-pmp

Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
More idiots on the internet, thanks to our buddy's over @head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/508497/ideal-pmp
I just did my good deed of the day over there.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...5#post_6876150

Old 08-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned

head-fi is full of ftards, honestly

Old 08-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
AMEN!!!

I've learned a lot here on ABI, more than any other site (thanks to great people and great links to info for education), and I've learned that being honest w/yourself and others is the most important aspect of all.

Yes, all these DAP's do sound pretty much the same, and EQ'ing changes it all - but flat all are EQUAL. And all those over-hyped BS players are just that - BULLSHIT!!! I'm glad this is the place I got my first exposure to real people who tell it like it is - with nothing to lose or gain.
...SNIPPED....
Dude, exactly how I feel... ABi has been an amazing place for me.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
If you get it, then you will truly be
Attachment 9443
Get a few, and you'd become the lord of the flies.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
I have to say that I totally agree with this statement. The better the encoding and the right pair of headphones to DAP makes all the difference. I am also experimenting with amps. I saw the Fiio E7 and thought it would be cool, but then I looked at the graph and I thing I may go with something a little better know like the bithead.

Sorry for being so off topic here.

The Colorfly is awfully big, but I really do like the retro look.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Err no. If your player rolls off the treble or bass, or hisses like a crazy snake, etc, no matter how good the headphones is, the treble isn't going to come back/disappear by itself.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupprtTekkie View Post
I have to say that I totally agree with this statement. The better the encoding and the right pair of headphones to DAP makes all the difference. I am also experimenting with amps. I saw the Fiio E7 and thought it would be cool, but then I looked at the graph and I thing I may go with something a little better know like the bithead.

Sorry for being so off topic here.

The Colorfly is awfully big, but I really do like the retro look.
FiiO makes great products in my experience, for the price its hard to find better.

I mean I wouldnt mention I used one at a site like Head-Fi because if you dont have an s:flo2 and some $300 portable amp and some $300 or so IEM's you got crap over there(or so many of the religious nuts audiophiles will tell you)

Honestly if you want a decent but cheap amp, the e7 or e5 are great choices, even the e3 is nice(pairs very well with some phones like my rx900's, not as well with others like my pl-50's)

I dont have an e7, I have thought about it, but honestly am happy with my e5 when i need an amp, my IEM's dont currently need an amp so i dont bother with one(one less thing to carry around after all)

whats important IMHO is finding a setup that makes YOU HAPPY and enjoy it, dont worry if you spent a ton of money on it or if other people like it to.

Im pretty much done with head-fi on all but the multi-IEM reviews, a couple of the guys overthere are cool nice fellows but there are alot of strait up idiots, the kind of people who will fully discount science and go with "I believe" and "I have faith" (religious nuts, just their religion is the s:flo2 and other such devices)

again, just find something that makes YOU HAPPY, and dont fear the FiiO, they make good stuff, I do happen to know a few people who have the e7 and love it, 2 use it as a soundcard with their netbook/notebook computers because the onboard audio chip sucks horribly, they have nothing but great things to say about the improvement over onboard.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:36 AM

x2 with EggyCuppy on Fiio headphone amps. A lot of value for a small price! I have got 2 E5 and 1 E3 and the E5 works great with my Zen Vision:M and Sansa View.

About Head-fi I think it is a fun and sometimes silly place. The HifiMan and S:flo2 fanboys are very amusing. The spectrum of people at Head-fi is pretty wide, though. Between the HifiMan/S:flo2 and Sansa people there are iPodders, Sony:ites and even those who like obscure stuff like old Kenwood, JVC and Toshiba players. I've even seen people who like modern day Creative DAP:s!

Back to topic: The name is pretty cool. Colorfly. I've seen a horsefly but I've never seen a color fly... (my apologies to Groucho Marx for destroying his jokes...)
DAP collection:Cowon S9; Cowon X5V; Creative Zen Vision M; Creative Zen Touch; iRiver H120; JVC XA-HD500; Kenwood HD20GA7; Rio Carbon; Rio Karma; Samsung YH-J70; Sansa Clip+; Sansa View; Sony HD5; Toshiba Gigabeat F20
Earphones:too many to mention...

Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, it'd be nice if they really did release multiple backcovers for it to make it colourful.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
x2 with EggyCuppy on Fiio headphone amps. A lot of value for a small price! I have got 2 E5 and 1 E3 and the E5 works great with my Zen Vision:M and Sansa View.

About Head-fi I think it is a fun and sometimes silly place. The HifiMan and S:flo2 fanboys are very amusing. The spectrum of people at Head-fi is pretty wide, though. Between the HifiMan/S:flo2 and Sansa people there are iPodders, Sony:ites and even those who like obscure stuff like old Kenwood, JVC and Toshiba players. I've even seen people who like modern day Creative DAP:s!

Back to topic: The name is pretty cool. Colorfly. I've seen a horsefly but I've never seen a color fly... (my apologies to Groucho Marx for destroying his jokes...)
I love watching them say that you need to recable a set of new higher end IEM's because a new cable thats 90-200bucks will make them sound so much better.......

oh and the ones who rag on sansa and anything thats not hifiman/s:flo2, and then get mad when you point out the fact the s:flo2's batt life sucks, the firmware sucks, OH and the fact it rolls off the high end.....they keep telling people to use an LOD...why should you have to use an lod and an amp(or the like) to have a player sound proper......rofl.....

I like the look of the colorfly in a way, but its also a bit large even for me, and I like the iriver "bricks"

Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyCuppy View Post
I love watching them say that you need to recable a set of new higher end IEM's because a new cable thats 90-200bucks will make them sound so much better.......
I'd say that the only point of a recable is when the cable's crapping out or it has too much microphonics. Otherwise, more marketing bullshit, and more fools that believe that marketing bullshit and their own golden ears.

I'm sort of hopeful that Colourfly'd be picked up there - at least this one's not antiquated, not lousy looking, and could be one of the best sounding players on the market. The chances of that is the same chances that I have of quantum tunnelling through my chair, though.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 PM

I want one thing that does everything.

It doesn't actually exist yet, but the Samsung Vibrant comes pretty close (doesn't do gaming well, but meh, iOS pretty much owns Android in that aspect) save for the busted GPS (this should be fixed soon) and short battery life (this can be mitigated by a custom ROM and the new power management app once Cyanogen gets CM6 put out for the Vibrant).

I played with a demo unit last time I went over to T-Mo to pay my phone bill and I'm damn impressed. It sounds virtually identical to a P2/P3 for MP3 playback and watching video on the 4" AMOLED is a treat.

I want one noooooow. My myTouch feels so inadequate!

Old 08-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Err, (pardon me), an iPhone 4 sounds like your best choice.

Closed Thread