android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > MP3 Player News

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan75 View Post
Well mate neither of those links were for an S:Flo2 and I don't jerk off over graphs. As a genuine guy who has had a Creative Zen NX, Vision M, iRiver H340, Zune 30 and a D2 since 2003 I think I am fairly qualified to speak on what I like. Review an S:Flo2 or STFU I say. I have no problems with other players and still have my Zune 30 and D2, I use them if the S:Flo battery is dead. I stand by both being inferior in sound quality. If the S:Flo2 is junk, do a review, let the world know. I don;t care about being wrong, all I know is I can't go back after hearing an S:Flo coupled with my Triple.Fi10 or Shure SRH844.
I would strongly suggest you lose that arrogant/ignorant tone of voice if you want to stay here on the forums for longer. You're also not doing MP4Nation/Teclast any service in 'defending' their player that way, when you come on like a complete dipshit in your first two posts here.

Also, how about actually *reading* the threads I linked, since you obviously don't comprehend the RMAA results? There's more info than just graphs to be found. Listening to the Hifiman showed that it sounds the same as any other player, just with rolled off treble (same as the s-flo obviously does), listening to the AMP3 showed that it's a complete piece of crap.

Going by the general Head-Fi consensus that "the s-flo sounds almost as good as the Hifiman", I really don't need to hear any more of that kind of players to know that they're a scam, made for people who don't know how to conduct (or fear) objective listening tests. People who rely on placebo, or people who think a flawed, colored sounding player is the optimum achievable.

If a player can't drive some specific phones properly, for whatever reasons, then there's always the possibility of pairing it with an amp. Amusingly, lots of people on Head-Fi seem to do exactly that with the s-flo, since it's headphone-out appears to be not particularly good. Why get such a "hifi" player when it can't be used on its own? Why pairing a flawed brick of a player with an amp, when pairing a decent player gives the same - or usually even better - results?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2010, 09:55 AM

Just wanted to give a heads up, in an email I got today from Colorful the end user price might be 499 euro. That's too bad, and too high a price for me, I was so happy over the 250 euro that was running around.

They didn't even comment on my question about a release date.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the info, Mangemongen. Too bad about the price, it would have looked so pretty on the shelf, next to my reel-to-reel...

Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I would strongly suggest you lose that arrogant/ignorant tone of voice if you want to stay here on the forums for longer. You're also not doing MP4Nation/Teclast any service in 'defending' their player that way, when you come on like a complete dipshit in your first two posts here.

Also, how about actually *reading* the threads I linked, since you obviously don't comprehend the RMAA results? There's more info than just graphs to be found. Listening to the Hifiman showed that it sounds the same as any other player, just with rolled off treble (same as the s-flo obviously does), listening to the AMP3 showed that it's a complete piece of crap.

Going by the general Head-Fi consensus that "the s-flo sounds almost as good as the Hifiman", I really don't need to hear any more of that kind of players to know that they're a scam, made for people who don't know how to conduct (or fear) objective listening tests. People who rely on placebo, or people who think a flawed, colored sounding player is the optimum achievable.

If a player can't drive some specific phones properly, for whatever reasons, then there's always the possibility of pairing it with an amp. Amusingly, lots of people on Head-Fi seem to do exactly that with the s-flo, since it's headphone-out appears to be not particularly good. Why get such a "hifi" player when it can't be used on its own? Why pairing a flawed brick of a player with an amp, when pairing a decent player gives the same - or usually even better - results?
Wow is this Nazi Germany you douche bags? Ignorant? No, I just told you I had real world experience, I wasn't looking at graphs. Deadohiosky real world what??? I just said it out performed about 6 different players and you want what? D2 vs S:Flo is 37x 2@16ohm vs 60x2@32ohm and want to cock on? Ban me? Are you guys kidding???? Show some graphs that weren't Teclast??? S:Flo destroys anything you care to mention, put up or shut up. Don't stand behind some graph. S:Flo vs any big player with a range of IEM and Cans. You know you guys lose. I aint even trying to compete, I chase sound quality. I have a NAD amp at home driving two axis speakers. So whatever....

Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Banned.

"S:Flo destroys anything you care to mention, put up or shut up." Rabid fanboys, face red, veins pulsing, not being able to deliver any relevant argument... I have no time for that.

Amusing that he continued being fixated on the RMAA tests, still after I told him to actually read the threads, which contain more than enough comparative listening test results. Yet he cited the claimed output power of the players as a measurement of quality.

As for s-flo/T51 RMAA, there's enough out there already (at least tests without actual load):
http://fs-forum.hk/rmaatest.php?rmvid=42
http://fs-forum.hk/rmaatest.php?rmvid=41

Old 08-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan75 View Post
Wow is this Nazi Germany you douche bags? Ignorant? No, I just told you I had real world experience, I wasn't looking at graphs. Deadohiosky real world what??? I just said it out performed about 6 different players and you want what? D2 vs S:Flo is 37x 2@16ohm vs 60x2@32ohm and want to cock on? Ban me? Are you guys kidding???? Show some graphs that weren't Teclast??? S:Flo destroys anything you care to mention, put up or shut up. Don't stand behind some graph. S:Flo vs any big player with a range of IEM and Cans. You know you guys lose. I aint even trying to compete, I chase sound quality. I have a NAD amp at home driving two axis speakers. So whatever....
bye bye. and i really take personal offense. but not necessarily because i'm actually german but rather because this comparison is just lame and old and i generally get easily offended by stupidity.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Thanks for the info, Mangemongen. Too bad about the price, it would have looked so pretty on the shelf, next to my reel-to-reel...
You're welcome, yeah, hope the price is not to make it sell on head-fi. We'll just have to wait and see if it's worth the money, because it does look fabulous, the metallic front looks a lot better than the all black imho.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Too bad, @$499EURO ($635.00USD ATM) I'm definitely going to pass this over. I see they must have checked up on the competition and repriced it accordingly tho,.............this is now in hifyman BS territory now!!!

PS: WTF is up w/the idiot and the s:flo2 crap??? Really, WTF!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Too bad, @$499EURO ($635.00USD ATM) I'm definitely going to pass this over. I see they must have checked up on the competition and repriced it accordingly tho,.............this is now in hifyman BS territory now!!!

PS: WTF is up w/the idiot and the s:flo2 crap??? Really, WTF!!!
I think he was talking about the orignal s:flo even, honestly, the s:flo2 wouldnt be a bad player if it was running rockbox for example but.....the OF is just icky....reminds me of gpx's attempt at an mp3 player yeas ago....but the gpx didnt crash/lockup as often :P

Old 08-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd have bought an s:flo2 if the battery life we're better (as someone mentioned) and the damn thing wasn't a horror to update. Really, some people need a life.

Now, back to the Colorfly, shall we???

Old 08-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

At least it looks far more presentable than the HiFiMan crap.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
At least it looks far more presentable than the HiFiMan crap.
True, very true.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 PM

Real shame about the price and TDS thanks for the link in the head-fi forum.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

http://www.colorful-europe.de/images...rerforum_3.jpg

It's got a bi-chin' design on the back, too. Looks to be HiFiMan HM801 sized, though. -.-

Old 08-22-2010, 03:11 AM

It might be to big for me. It is simple huge and they doubled the price to match the Hifiman

Love the design hate the size and price. I will stick with my RH1 for the time being.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I still might get 1 later on, for stationary usage @home. I mean, if it has great internals and the SQ is rockin', I'm gonna have to try it at least. And it's got all NEW internals at that, not like the thieves w/the hifiman shiit.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Get one, and use it on the go with a pair of PortaPro's.

Lovely Retro-ness.

Bonus points if you do it while wearing 80's clothing.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Get one, and use it on the go with a pair of PortaPro's.

Lovely Retro-ness.

Bonus points if you do it while wearing 80's clothing.
Yup, I'd be rockin' a tapered Nike jogging suit & laced-up Nike classics.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Yup, I'd be rockin' a tapered Nike jogging suit & laced-up Nike classics.
I hate to keep dragging this thread OT, but...

THAT I would almost pay to see...

...almost...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
I hate to keep dragging this thread OT, but...

THAT I would almost pay to see...

...almost...
Considering my "poppin" skills, you'd be able to relax and not work w/the proceeds I'd receive from the show!!!

Closed Thread