android
Old 08-13-2010, 10:24 PM

Default Speaker/headphone switching

or am i missing something simple this time? (hope so)

*** EDIT: hooray, this one is in fact not defective . for anyone else who may run into this: if you find the headphone jack doesn't seem to work, check "settings > system". make sure "Speaker" is set to "Auto" (turned out mine was set to "On" by default, meaning it wouldn't recognize the presence of headphones/line-out)

Last edited by Jonatello; 08-13-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 AM

That's weird. It should have been set to auto by default. Did you buy it used or something?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:45 AM

Certainly a deceiving title, that could have been one that was manually tested and the tester didn't reset the settings once returned to the production/packaging line.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Thread title (original 'are they all defective?') changed. Please use descriptive thread titles.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 AM

dfkt , WalkGood:

just to clear things up with the previous 2 replies, it was not initially a deceptive title. the original pre-edit version of the post was about receiving a second defective device after the first one had to be replaced. when i edited to say "nevermind i figured it out", i was unable to edit the title section.

wrathchild:

i don't know if it was used. i'd have to ask Cowon. it was sent to me as a replacement for a "defective" one. i agree it's very odd that they wouldn't have it set to auto by default.

everyone:

now i'm back to "are they all defective" mode, because this thing is actually doing the same thing my previous one had to be sent back for.

if i try to access my music or pictures (either via "music"/"pictures" or "browser") it goes into a frozen mess of colored bars and snow, either turning itself right off immediately or needing a reset to turn off.

i can do a few lame things on it, like play hunter, use radio, or switch between the 2 icon-based menu styles (if i try to switch to the list style, the same disaster happens). video section says "No Files" even though there are actually 4 or 5 working video files in there. when browsing the files and folders via windows explorer, i confirmed that the music, pictures, etc all still work...if only it didn't crash when i tried to browse to them.

i don't know if this is related or just a red herring but this time it seemed to start when i downgraded from 2.21 to 2.10. After 2.10 successfully installed, it shut itself off, when i turned it back on, i got that colorful snow disaster immediately. when i upgraded back to 2.21, i got to the point i'm at now, where i can see my desktop and use some features.

when it happened to my last player, 2.10 was the newest version, it's what i was running, and (like this time with 2.10), i couldn't even reach my desktop before the revolt.

when Cowon received it, they concluded (or at least told me) it was a defective screen. i'm beginning to second-guess that, or absolutely dumbfounded that i got 2 defective screens in a row?

Last edited by Jonatello; 08-16-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: to elaborate