android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Help Converting Video by Dragging and Dropping

Greetings,

I recently tried to convert some video to put on my E345. I got the specs from the manual and used a video editing program to do the conversion. It worked fine. But shortly after that I accidentally tried to drag an mp4 file to my E345. I was surprised to see a dialog box pop up asking me if I wanted to have the video converted before it was copied. I answered yes and everything worked fine, just as before.

I have a few questions: if I understand the protocol and I'm using the correct terminology, I'm using the MTP protocol to access the E345 (I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit and I have *not* installed the Sony media software that came with the unit; I'm using Windows Explorer to drag and drop files to the E345).

What software is recognizing the need for the conversion? Is it Explorer or is it an E345 driver? And what software is doing the actual conversion? It must be something intimately associated with the E345 since it knows to convert the video to .wmp with the correct parameters.

I will continue to do this drag-drop-convert process since it's a lot faster than my video program although I presume they are both using the same codec to do the conversion.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
e345, mtp, video conversion