android
Old 08-09-2010, 04:58 AM

Default Ath-on3

I picked these headphones up on Amazon for portable use and I've been listening to music through these for a while, so I thought I'd write a review over how you should probably stay away from these things.

Comfort-wise, these are great. I can wear them for extended periods of time and not really feel any discomfort and if I do, they are easily adjustable. They rest lightly on your ears, so there isn't much isolation to speak of.

Now we go on to the audio-quality... THESE ARE ABSOLUTE PIECES OF TRASH is what I would say, but seeing that these were only $19 ($8 w/o shipping)... wait, PortaPros are only $10 more??? THESE ARE ABSOLUTE PIECES OF CRAP!!!!!! Seriously, save your money and stay away from these things. Yes, they look good and yes, they are extremely portable and semi-comfortable, but that's ALL you're paying for. Bassheads should especially stay away from these phones; not joking, iPod earbuds have more bass than these. I listened to a lot of electronic music with these and bass was virtually non-existent for a lot of tracks. Mids and highs are meh (suck). Lastly, these are tinny, tinny, and tinny. I wouldn't say that these are terribly tinny (I would consider the PX200's to be terribly tinny), but you will notice the tinny in the musica.

Basically, this thing's only saving grace is the portability. So if you're looking for something that's easy to carry around and has the ability to sound like the tin man having diarrhea, these are the headphones for you (but seriously, don't get these).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I would think most of us already know how lousy the ONTO series are...

Old 08-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh god, I tried those at a Samsung store in Bangkok, for some odd reason they were hooked up to every portable player in the store. Really bad sounding, especially in a store where there were TV's and such playing in the background with air conditioners running and they had some HORRIBLE Thai pop music that was ear rape.

Personally dont even think they look good, they kinda just lazily sat on my ears and the heaband wasn't so easy to get a good seal on my ears. If you pressed them on your ears, you could hear bass and they could have almost been considered half decent but that headband just doesn't do it.