android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3

Old 08-02-2010, 09:43 AM

Lightbulb The Playlist thread to end all Playlist threads (M3U, PLA, MSC, MTP)

>M3U playlists working in MSC mode - further down in this post

I've read around and noticed that being unable to create working playlists seem to be a big issue on the J3, however some have come up with alternatives and difficult solutions.
So just to clarify one thing for those who don't/didn't know this before getting the J3:
PLA playlists are found on virtually ALL Mp3's that support MTP, It's been around for a few years - (so no offence, but) welcome to the year 2008...9.. no wait, it's 2010!

>Quick word on PLA's, the playlists of MTP mode
To create PLA playlists and to edit them the player has to be in MTP mode.
In windows explorer, right click a song or twenty if you wish, and select Create a playlist. That will create a new playlist in the folder you're browsing. You can rename it, move it to another folder on your player, and yes - it's supposed to be 0 bytes, as it's not an actual file (...it's complicated). To edit the playlist, right click it, click on the references tab, and drag and drop songs from your player into the list.
However, there is one reason I don't like PLA playlists - they seem to like suicides. They seem to just randomly dissappear, deleting themselves for no apparent reason - and it has nothing to do with switching between MTP and MSC modes. Therefore I recommend

>M3U playlists, the playlists of MSC mode
A simple M3U playlist can be made in wordpad, by simply writing the path of each song on each line, eg:
C:\Music\Song1.mp3
C:\OtherMusic\Song2.wma

One can also use relative paths, but making a long story short (You can read the rest on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U), The J3 is very picky.
The playlist has to be extended m3u, properly formated, with details etc..

>And the easiest way to make them is...
Playlist Creator
A freeware application that doesn't cost you anything, optional donations to the maker, but no strings.
I haven't tested in MTP mode, but that probably doesn't work, but it works perfectly in MSC mode. At least for me it does. And some other guys at iAudiophile forums...

So again - make sure your player is in MSC mode, run the program Playlist Creator. In the lower part of the program there's a square called playlist creation - fill in the name of your playlist, click on the .PLS and select .M3U instead, and click on the folder icon to select where the playlist will be stored. If you're in any doubt, it must be stored on your player. It doesn't really matter WHERE on the player, as long as it's on there. So the path should be:
<Your J3's drive letter>\<Any folder you like>
eg:
F:\Music\Playlists
or
H:\Playlists

As long as it's stored on your player, you're good.
You can add files or folders with the buttons on the right, or just drag-and-drop the songs you want in there. Of course, the songs you're selecting should - again - already be stored on your player, do not select songs stored on your pc.

So once you're done adding songs, changing their order and given a name to the playlist (if you haven't already), click create playlist, and you're done

I think that's just about it...
Any questions?

On a side note: before stumbling upon this solution, I tried writing several simple M3Us by hand in wordpad, I tried copying some playlists created by WMP, and for some reason, the one created by WMP was completely scrambled after unplugging, turning on, trying to open the playlist - which failed, turning off, and plugging the J3 back in and then opening in wordpad, it just consisted of several rows of 's, God knows why...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 AM

Unhappy

Thanks for the details about playlists. Very useful. The problem though is with the J3. It shows "no file" however you create playlists, even though if you look at it using notepad or wordpad, it is perfectly alright. I wrote to Cowon and they have suggested I save the playlist M3U file as unicode and let them know if it works. Having tried it, I have told them that it doesn't. Let's see if they can find a solution. An M3U file cannot be 0 bytes as the file contains details of drive, music title and such, all of which uses bytes.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Yeah, it's hard to make them work, I know what the fuzz is about, but it actually works for me using Playlist Creator, it doesn't show "no file", and it's the PLA lists that are 0 byte, not the M3U's.
So if you haven't, I suggest you try Playlist Creator, then tell me if that worked or not.
http://www.oddgravity.de/download.php?id=100

edit:
Just to clarify, it seems that Playlist Creator makes the playlist in a different way than eg. wordpad/notepad/wmp etc, cause making what was supposed to be a perfect list in notepad didn't work, but when making the same list in Playlist Creator, it DID work. Maybe it uses a different coding, I've read that PMP's need ANSII coding, but whatever the program does, it does it right

Last edited by UlldotteN; 08-02-2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added text

Old 08-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlldotteN View Post
In windows explorer, right click a song or twenty if you wish, and select Create a playlist.
Just a minor revision to this... when you RMB after selecting one or more (if you hold down CTRL at the same time, so that all you click on get selected) you will get a popup menu. And it is on that popup menu that the "create playlist" item appears, and that you should then select.

This newly created PLA playlist (reflecting all of the selected tracks in that folder) will get instantly stored in the current folder, as "New playlist.pla", but in "rename mode" so that you can just type over it and name it whatever you want. But since the whole file name is replaced by what you type, don't forget to add the ".pla" extension after your newly typed file (i.e. playlist) name.

Quote:
That will create a new playlist in the folder you're browsing. You can rename it, move it to another folder on your player,
My experience is that you CANNOT SUCCESSFULLY MOVE IT TO ANOTHER FOLDER. It looks like you did it, but strange things happen subsequently.

It sure looks like the move took place, and the file disappears from the current folder location and appears as expected in the new location, wherever that may be.

However after powering off the J3 and powering it on again, the boot process seems to recreate the PLA playlist once again in the original folder (while also retaining the original moved PLA playlist file in the moved-to folder)! This newly recreated PLA playlist file in that original folder has the original name (just as your moved copy does, so you now show TWO of those playlists the next time you look in [Playlists]).

Inexplicable.

Quote:
and yes - it's supposed to be 0 bytes, as it's not an actual file (...it's complicated). To edit the playlist, right click it, click on the references tab, and drag and drop songs from your player into the list.
Again, minor revisions here.

Using Explorer you RMB on the PLA playlist, which wiill produce a popup menu. Select Properties on that menu, and then you'll be presented with the Playlist dialog. Select the "References" tab on that dialog and you'll see the current list of tracks represented by that playlist.

Though the track names do not show folder locations, but rather only show the file names, apparently the fully qualified folder/file names are truly there "under the covers". Because as you describe, you can then just open a second Explorer window (you don't need to use a player, but I suppose you can), navigate to any folder you want (on the J3, of course), select one or more tracks from that second folder location (just as you did when you initially created the PLA playlist) and then drag/drop onto the "References" area for the PLA playlist which you still have open and visible. The newly selected tracks from the second folder location will now be added to the end of the original "References" track list, and you will now have an updated PLA playlist that contains tracks from two (or more, if you repeat this process) folders. And it actually works fine, for playback purposes.

Of course I feel it at least a bit confusing if you have to leave the PLA playlist file in its originally created folder location, even if contains track references from multiple folders. It would make more sense to move it to \Playlists but as I described above that seems to produce very odd results.

Quote:
However, there is one reason I don't like PLA playlists - they seem to like suicides. They seem to just randomly dissappear, deleting themselves for no apparent reason - and it has nothing to do with switching between MTP and MSC modes.
My experience is that as long as you don't reconnect the J3 to Windows via USB in MSC mode, you will not lose your PLA playlists. But if you're not going to reconnect to Windows in MSC mode for some reason, you might as well just leave the J3 in MTP mode forever. You can connect to Windows in MTP mode as well.

My current problem with MTP mode is that I cannot seem to see "external storage" (i.e. the microSDHC card) using Explorer. I can only see "internal storage", and thus can only create PLA playlists for folders/tracks on the internal storage of the J3. I absolutely DID see both "internal storage" and "external storage" exactly once (i.e. during one booted "session" of the J3), but have not seen both since. This is a serious problem... perhaps in the J3's firmware.

Quote:
>And the easiest way to make them is...
Quote:
Playlist Creator
A freeware application that doesn't cost you anything, optional donations to the maker, but no strings.
I haven't tested in MTP mode, but that probably doesn't work, but it works perfectly in MSC mode. At least for me it does.
Perhaps Playlist Creator has some nice features, but essentially EVERY MP3 organizer program can create M3U (if not also PLS) playlists. Winamp and virtually all MP3 player programs can create M3U playlists.

In my limited experience with the J3 and trying to get MSC-compatible playlists (e.g. M3U) to work, the problem is not building the M3U playlists themselves. You obviously reference tracks on the J3, and store the M3U playlist on the J3 somewhere.

The problem for me appears to be then trying to use those M3U files. While the files are discovered by the J3 at boot time (no matter where they're stored) if you then select that playlist (to presumably start playing its tracks) instead I am shown "No file".

No matter that others claim they can use these M3U playlists, I have had ZERO success. And nobody has yet described how/why they do not have the same "No file" results or how they've gotten around it by perhaps placing the M3U playlist files somewhere special.

Everybody who claims to be using the M3U playlists does not seem to be supporting requests for more details and information. I, and at least a few others here, have confirmed the "No file" symptom that makes the properly built M3U file simply unusable for some reason... most likely a bug in the J3 firmware.

Yes, some guys on the iaudio forum also claim to have "working M3U files", or have solved what I expect is the "No file" problem by some particular folder structure technique (though they have not yet replied exactly what that special folder structure technique is). But so far I have had no similar success with MSC-compatible M3U playlists.

Again, there are dozens of ways to build a perfectly correct M3U file... using MP3 organizers and MP3 players, and also Playlist Creator, JetAudio, and probably many other essentially identical utilities. The problem is not creating the M3U files (which examination will reveal look identical, no matter what program you use to create them with).

The problem (for me, anyway) is always "No file" from the J3 when trying to use those M3U playlists.

Also, I personally wish the ".m3u" extension would not appear in [Playlists]. The ".pla" extension is suppressed when in MTP mode and using PLA playlists, and this looks cleaner. The presence of the ".m3u" showing in [Playlists] when in MSC mode looks more like a folder browse result, rather than a playlist like a track name (which also shows .mp3 in [Folders] mode but does not show .mp3 when browsing using ID3 tag fields).

So... if someone can please prove, and explain completely, how your M3U playlist on the J3 actually works and does NOT produce "No file"... we will be much appreciative.

What else is unique about either where/how you built your music/album folders, or what/where did you place your M3U files?

If you have success building/using M3U playlists in MSC mode, and I still get "No file", then there has to be some explanation. I would at least like to be able to duplicate your success, and hopefully learn from that what is actually going on and thus how to avoid "No file".

PLEASE HELP WITH SPECIFICS.

NOTE: just read your latest post, stating that there appears to be something different about the way Playlist Creator builds M3U files, as compared to those theoretically identical M3U files out of other programs (including Winamp).

I'm going to experiment right now with that program, and compare the results, and see if there is some objective explanation why M3U files from it seem to "work" on the J3 whereas M3U files out of other programs produce "No file".

I hope this is true, and that comparing the two M3U files will reveal the magic difference that seems to bother the J3 and thus trigger "No file". This would be a great workaround (not really a breakthrough, but at least a workaround) if true.

More later.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 PM

Thanks for your help and advice. I tried oddgravity and still the J3 says "no file" when you look at the playlist. Have you done a playlist on a J3? It works fine on an S9 and I have always managed to create playlists on an S9 using winamp. I really think there is something wrong with the J3 or if it works on yours...then it is my J3.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
still the J3 says "no file" when you look at the playlist.
I'm afraid I have to agree with you 100%... no matter what tool is used to build the M3U playlist, it appears in the [Playlists] list but when you select it only "No file" results.

Having done a bit of experimenting I will now concede that there are minor differences between the M3U playlist file content produced by Playlist Creator and other tools, e.g. Winamp. But the differences are minor, and cosmetic as far as Windows is concerned. In fact the fully qualified path and file name is present, in a Windows-acceptable format (either format is really identical and acceptable). In fact, either M3U file is acceptable to any Windows player program (e.g. Winamp) and the same tracks located on the J3 will play just fine, launching either M3U playlist file.

So... the problem (and solution, if there is any) is apparently NOT in the M3U playlist file itself. It must go deeper than that, perhaps the multi-level folder structure or naming conventions or something else.

Nevertheless, to me the problem still appears to be with the J3 and its firmware... probably tied specifically to the multi-folder structure implied by the track references inside the M3U file. Perhaps some users have fewer folder levels? Perhaps some different folder structure? Perhaps no commas or other distractions?

As for my test just performed, I used both Playlist Creator and Winamp to create a presumably identical M3U playlist from five tracks from a single album. The tracks were picked from their location on the J3's internal storage drive (shows up as F for me, when the J3 is connected in MSC mode) and the M3U playlists were themselves then stored in the \Playlists folder on the J3's internal storage.

Again... the two M3U playlists appeared properly in the [Playlists] list, but neither worked. They BOTH produced "No file" when selected.

Here are the two M3U files produced:

(1) Playlist Creator:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:267,Hell Freezes Over - 8 - Pretty Maids All In A Row
..\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Pretty Maids All In A Row.mp3
#EXTINF:255,Hell Freezes Over - 15 - Desperado
..\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Desperado.mp3
#EXTINF:432,Hell Freezes Over - 6 - Hotel California
..\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Hotel California.mp3
#EXTINF:311,Hell Freezes Over - 9 - I Can't Tell You Why
..\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\I Can't Tell You Why.mp3
#EXTINF:243,Hell Freezes Over - 2 - Love Will Keep Us Alive
..\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Love Will Keep Us Alive.mp3

(2) Winamp:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:266,Eagles, The - Pretty Maids All In A Row
\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Pretty Maids All In A Row.mp3
#EXTINF:255,Eagles, The - Desperado
\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Desperado.mp3
#EXTINF:432,Eagles, The - Hotel California
\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Hotel California.mp3
#EXTINF:311,Eagles, The - I Can't Tell You Why
\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\I Can't Tell You Why.mp3
#EXTINF:243,Eagles, The - Love Will Keep Us Alive
\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Love Will Keep Us Alive.mp3

So... if someone who claims to have had this actually work for them can provide very specific details of your environment, maybe we can figure out why this supposedly works for some but not for others. I'm running v2.21 firmware.

My Eagles album is located in:

F:\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over

and the MP3 tracks are under that album folder.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:30 PM

I do agree that the problem lies within the J3, probably the firmware, however it is extremely picky and some lists that are formatted correctly do work
After testing a couple of hours i did get some results for myself, but not much that may help you I'm afraid...

Here are the details about my stuff..
Cowon J3 32GB White - FW 2.21, never formated, so Filesystem is original FAT32, connected through an external USB-hub, so that's not an issue, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

I forgot to mention that in the settings of Playlist Creator, under Playlist details, there's a question "Do you want to save the playlist entries absolute or relative?", It should be set to relative (e.g. "..\MyMusic\MySong.mp3") I don't remember if that was the default setting, so...

I store the playlists in H:\Music\Playlists, I open them on the player by either selecting:
music->upper left icon, the list -> lower left icon, go to root
or
browser-> lower left icon, go to root

and then select [Playlists]
In that submenu I don't see the file extension, eg. Listname.m3u, I only see Listname
Opening either of my three lists created with PlaylistCreator works, I see the list of songs I added and playback works as expected. "Clicking" any song starts playing that song, and the player goes to the next song in the list when the track is finished, just as expected.

The criterias so far for making a working playlist seem to be:
Header must be included, songlenght doesn't have to be specified, but then it must read 0, extinf is required, and here you need album for the song, tracknumber and title to be correct, also an empty line at the end of list is required. Like i said the J3 is extremely picky
Code:
#EXTM3U <-- This is the header, says the file's an ExtendedM3U
#EXTINF:<Songlength in seconds, must be 0 if not specified>,<Album> - <Tracknumber> - <Trackname>
<Path>
#EXTINF:0,Album - 1 - Song 1
..\Music\Artist\Album\Song 1.mp3
<Empty line> <-- must be included at end of file
Album, tracknumber and title must be the same as the ID3 tags, there is even a difference between tracknumber 01 and 1, it must be exactly the same. If no tracknumber exists in the ID3 tag, it should be <Album> - - <Trackname>, while if there is no album in the ID3 tag, it should be <Tracknumber> - <Title>

Path of the playlist itself seems irrellevant, as it has worked in H:\, H:\Music, H:\Music\Playlists, H:\Music\Artist\Album and in H:\Playlists for me

It doesn't work every time for me either, but at least it works. Why it doesn't always work I do not know, but for me this works fine at least if i try more than once.
All I can suggest is make sure the paths are relative, make sure the player is in MSC mode, get the newest firmware, try to make the list again if it fails the first time and gets scrambled...

Old 08-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post
Having done a bit of experimenting I will now concede that there are minor differences between the M3U playlist file content produced by Playlist Creator and other tools, e.g. Winamp. But the differences are minor, and cosmetic as far as Windows is concerned.
Like I said, the J3 is extremely picky in my case
Quote:
Nevertheless, to me the problem still appears to be with the J3 and its firmware... probably tied specifically to the multi-folder structure implied by the track references inside the M3U file. Perhaps some users have fewer folder levels? Perhaps some different folder structure? Perhaps no commas or other distractions?
As far as I know, symbols like ()[] and ' works fine in the path and songtitles, but I'm not sure about commas... Also having folders inside folders does work for me, eg ..\Music\Artist\Album\Song.mp3 is ok.
Quote:
My Eagles album is located in:

F:\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over

and the MP3 tracks are under that album folder.
I can't find any problems there, except that I don't know if commas in the pathname are to blame. Can you try a few songs, start with maybe just one song in a simple path with minimal symbols in it?

Old 08-02-2010, 05:26 PM

The track numbers in my ID3 tags are "fractional", e.g. 1/10, 2/10, etc. This is perfectly acceptable and is automatically created by my MP3 production workflow.

Also, none of my track names include track number in the name. I prefer it that way.

If these "quirks" in my MP3 file names and ID3 tag fields are to blame for the J3's M3U playlist functionality producing "No file" (as if it couldn't find the files that were very correctly named inside the M3U playlist file) I'm certainly not going to modify things in my 6200+ track MP3 collection just for this. I'd honestly rather deal with MTP and PLA playlists, which seems to be perfectly compatible with my MP3 collection, and wait for Cowon to correct their obvious problems with MSC-based playlists.

It's still odd that your M3U playlists appear without the .M3U extension visible, whereas my equivalent files appear with the .M3U extension visible.

Will try fooling around a bit more later.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I forgot to mention that in the settings of Playlist Creator, under Playlist details, there's a question "Do you want to save the playlist entries absolute or relative?", It should be set to relative (e.g. "..\MyMusic\MySong.mp3") I don't remember if that was the default setting, so...
This does appear to be the default, as it was the same for me and I didn't even look at it before running the program.

I don't think the leading "..\" is functional or relevant, as the Winamp-produced equivalent M3U playlist simply starts with "\" which obviously means exactly the same thing... with the drive letter omitted, implying current drive on which the folder is located. Same as DOS.

Quote:
I store the playlists in H:\Music\Playlists, I open them on the player by either selecting:
music->upper left icon, the list -> lower left icon, go to root or browser-> lower left icon, go to root and then select [Playlists]
Tried this location instead of just \Playlists, with no difference in results. Same failure.

Quote:
In that submenu I don't see the file extension, eg. Listname.m3u, I only see Listname
In my opinion, this is the "GIANT CLUE" that your M3U playlists are working properly in MSC mode, as when I'm in MTP mode my PLA playlists also work properly and the .PLA extension is not presented either.

In contrast, for me when in MSC mode those M3U playlists show with the .M3U extension, and are "No file".

In other words, if you don't see the playlist file extension, you're going to have a "working" playlist. But if the playlist file extension is shown, you're going to get "No file". I've never seen the .pla extension when using PLA playlists in MTP mode, and they always work. I've only seen the .m3u extension when using M3U playlists in MSC mode, and they always fail.

Still no explanation WHY your M3U playlists (a) display under [Playlists] without .M3U extension, and (b) function exactly as they should... in total and complete contrast to my results, other than the fact that the presence or absence of the file extension goes hand-in-hand with the playlist being digested correctly by the J3 and actually "working", as opposed to somehow not being understood properly by the J3 and thus "failing".

Can you please provide one of your complete actual working M3U files here (as a text copy/paste, using Notepad). I just want to look at it, and see if I can recreate your folder structure (renaming my files, etc.) and get the same M3U playlist file to work on my J3.

Quote:
The criterias so far for making a working playlist seem to be: Header must be included, songlength doesn't have to be specified, but then it must read 0, extinf is required, and here you need album for the song, tracknumber and title to be correct, also an empty line at the end of list is required.

Album, tracknumber and title must be the same as the ID3 tags, there is even a difference between tracknumber 01 and 1, it must be exactly the same. If no tracknumber exists in the ID3 tag, it should be <Album> - - <Trackname>, while if there is no album in the ID3 tag, it should be <Tracknumber> - <Title>
I have now edited my ID3 track numbers for the test, eliminating the fractional notation and having simply the track number. These new track numbers now duplicate the track numbers shown in the M3U file track references. So there's no longer any difference.

And it STILL FAILS with "No file".

Do you have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags in your MP3 files? I do.

Quote:
It doesn't work every time for me either, but at least it works.
Please post just one of these "working" M3U playlists. I will duplicate the implied folder structure expected by your playlist on my J3 and see if I can duplicate your "success" with at least this one playlist.

Quote:
Why it doesn't always work I do not know, but for me this works fine at least if i try more than once.
All I can suggest is make sure the paths are relative, make sure the player is in MSC mode, get the newest firmware, try to make the list again if it fails the first time and gets scrambled...
Everything I've done is exactly as prescribed... and it still produces "No file"

Again, please post one of your playlists that works. I will try to duplicate your "success".

Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 AM

I can post one of my working lists, yes, but I don't believe they are any different from yours. But (!) the ..\ infront of each line does not equal just a slash, because ..\ tells the player to go to the parent folder first, then the folder specified after the slash, it goes up one folder before going further down.
E.g.

Playlist is stored in J3:\Playlists
Song is J3:\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3

If the playlist entry was, as you suggested, with just a slash,

\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3

this entire path would be added to the path of the playlist itself
, thus making:
J3:\Playlists\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3
(The playlists path)+(Path specified in playlist)
Which is completely wrong, however if we add .. infront of the first slash,
..\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3
It then follows this logic:
Playlist located in J3:\Playlists\,
The two dots means go to parent folder/go up one level, resulting in
J3:\
And then it adds the path specified in the playlist, resulting in
J3:\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3

When running cmd, typing cd.. (cd = change directory)(.. = parent folder) the same thing happens, it goes to the folder that is up one level.

Anyways, here's a playlist I'm using that works fine
My playlists are stored in J3:\Music\Playlists, but I've tried other locations as well - they all seem to work (root, root\playlists, music\artist\album...)
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:235,Absolution - 3 - Time Is Running Out
..\Muse\Absolution\03 Time Is Running Out.mp3
#EXTINF:298,Absolution - 5 - Stockholm Syndrome
..\Muse\Absolution\05 Stockholm Syndrome.mp3
#EXTINF:280,Absolution - 6 - Falling Away with You
..\Muse\Absolution\06 Falling Away With You.mp3
#EXTINF:37,Absolution - 7 - Interlude
..\Muse\Absolution\07 Interlude.mp3
#EXTINF:227,Absolution - 8 - Hysteria
..\Muse\Absolution\08 Hysteria.mp3
#EXTINF:261,Absolution - 9 - Blackout
..\Muse\Absolution\09 Blackout.mp3
#EXTINF:301,Absolution - 10 - Butterflies and Hurricanes
..\Muse\Absolution\10 Butterflies and Hurricanes.mp3
#EXTINF:228,Absolution - 12 - Endlessly
..\Muse\Absolution\12 Endlessly.mp3
#EXTINF:239,Black Holes and Revelations - 2 - Starlight
..\Muse\Black Holes And Revelations\02 Starlight.mp3
#EXTINF:209,Black Holes and Revelations - 3 - Supermassive Black Hole
..\Muse\Black Holes And Revelations\03 Supermassive Black Hole.mp3
#EXTINF:258,Black Holes and Revelations - 4 - Map Of The Problematique
..\Muse\Black Holes And Revelations\04 Map Of The Problematique.mp3
#EXTINF:123,Black Holes and Revelations - 5 - Soldier's Poem
..\Muse\Black Holes And Revelations\05 Soldier's Poem.mp3
#EXTINF:263,Hullabaloo (CD 1) - 5 - Map of Your Head
..\Muse\Hullabaloo\CD1\05 - Map of Your Head.mp3
#EXTINF:210,Hullabaloo (CD 1) - 9 - The Gallery
..\Muse\Hullabaloo\CD1\09 - The Gallery.mp3
#EXTINF:252,Origin of Symmetry - 2 - Bliss
..\Muse\Origin of Symmetry\02 Bliss.mp3
#EXTINF:220,Origin of Symmetry - 5 - Plug in Baby
..\Muse\Origin of Symmetry\05 Plug in Baby.mp3
#EXTINF:199,Origin of Symmetry - 10 - Feeling Good
..\Muse\Origin of Symmetry\10 Feeling Good.mp3
+one empty line at the end that doesn't show here. Without that empty line even my playlists fail. I can attach the original file aswell
Attached Files
File Type: zip Muse.zip (624 Bytes, 3 views)

Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
the ..\ infront of each line does not equal just a slash, because ..\ tells the player to go to the parent folder first, then the folder specified after the slash, it goes up one folder before going further down.
E.g.

Playlist is stored in J3:\Playlists
Song is J3:\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3

If the playlist entry was, as you suggested, with just a slash,

\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3

this entire path would be added to the path of the playlist itself
, thus making:
J3:\Playlists\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3
(The playlists path)+(Path specified in playlist)
Which is completely wrong, however if we add .. infront of the first slash,
..\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3
It then follows this logic:
Playlist located in J3:\Playlists\,
The two dots means go to parent folder/go up one level, resulting in
J3:\
And then it adds the path specified in the playlist, resulting in
J3:\Music\Artist 1\Album 1\Song 1.mp3
Interestingly, when I use Winamp to try and play both of my playlists from the J3 (stored in J3:\Music\Playlists as I originally described, pointing to tracks on the J3, created by both Winamp and Playlist Creator as I described yesterday), only the playlist built by Winamp (i.e. the one whose track references begin with \Music) actually plays. The one built by Playlist Creator (with the ..\Music) does NOT play.

Actually, I think that your analysis of the ..\Music reference really means that the placement of this type of playlist is not completely independent, but rather is at least partially controlled by the syntax of the track references within the M3U file. In contrast, I believe the \Music reference is completely independent of where the playlist itself gets stored, in terms of its usability by a Windows player program (e.g. Winamp).

I believe that the "\Music" notation is an implicit reference to the "currently assigned drive or media" without requiring an absolute drive letter reference at the front... having nothing to do with folder location or level. For example, if you run BAT/CMD files on a CD that do not have an absolute drive letter, then that procedure (e.g. an installation procedure) can be run directly from your CD drive, no matter what your CD drive letter actually is. Had the absolute drive letter been imbedded at the start of the path names, it would have been unusable for running from some other drive letter.

Now if I move those two playlists (one from Winamp with the \Music references, and the other from Playlist Creator with the ..\Music references) to the ROOT of J3 (i.e. not in J3:\Playlists and not in J3:\Music\Playlists) then both of them DO play with Winamp.

I can also place both of the playlists in J3:\Playlists and they both will play with Winamp.

But in your original J3:\Music\Playlists location, only the \Music playlist works with Winamp. The ..\Music playlist does not work.

In other words, I believe Winamp is always interpreting \Music as if it were "J3:\Music", which exists, and hence the tracks can be found and played... regardless of whether the playlist itself is located in J3:\Music\Playlists or J3:\Playlists or at the root of J3. In any of these cases, "\Music" is always interpreted as "J3:\Music" which exists.

Similarly, ..\Music in a playlist stored at the root of J3 or in J3:\Playlists is also equivalent to J3:\Music, and hence the tracks can be found and the Playlist Creator playlist works for Winamp.

"..\Music" means "go up one level, to the parent directory of the current directory (i.e. where the playlist is being invoked from), and expect to find \Music under that parent".

So if the M3U playlist from Playlist Creator is in J3:\Music\Playlists then ..\Music really means "J3:\music\music" (since J3:\Music is the parent folder for J3:\Music\Playlists where the playlist is being invoked) which does NOT exist and hence the tracks CANNOT be found and this is why Winamp cannot play this playlist when it is stored at this location. This is my exact experience.

But again, when I place both playlists in either the root of J3 or in J3:\Playlists, then again (and always) \Music is interpreted as J3:\Music which exists and the playlist is usable as all tracks are found. Also, ..\Music goes back up the the parent directory for J3:\Playlists which is the root folder of the J3. Hence ..\Music is equivalent to J3:\Music, which exists, and all the tracks are found and the playlist is usable (i.e. I mean Winamp can play it).

In summary, when the Playlist Creator playlist (with the ..\Music references) is stored in J3:\Music\Playlists that it is unusable for Winamp, and that's because the ..\Music reference means J3:\Music\Music, because the ..\ notation is relative folder notation, not currently assigned drive notation.

In contrast, the playlist with \Music references works fine from any and all locations. This \Music playlist is usable by Winamp when stored in either the root of J3 or in J3:\Playlists or in J3:\Music\Playlists or in fact in any location whatsoever! And that's because \Music always means J3:\Music when the playlist is selected from the J3 drive by Winamp, no matter whether the playlist itself is stored at the root of J3 or inside any lower-level folder. Winamp can use this \Music playlist no matter where it is.

In ALL cases... no matter where the \Music playlist produced by Winamp is stored, that "relative notation" (to the drive, not to the folder level) track reference will ALWAYS find J3:\Music and its tracks. Thus the \Music version of the playlist will ALWAYS work for Winamp as the player.

Anyway, absolutely NONE OF THESE PLAYLISTS IS USABLE FOR ME BY THE J3, no matter what location I place them at!!! They all fail with "No file". And they all show up in [Playlists] presented with their ".m3u" extension (which I believe is the tipoff that they are not being handled correctly). Again, when in MTP mode where PLA playlists work perfectly, the playlists only appear with their name... and do not display the ".pla" extension (which I believe is the tipoff that they are being handled correctly).

I have experimented with another artist whose name does NOT contain an imbedded comma, but to no avail. Makes no difference. The M3U playlist still appears with its ".m3u" extension, and I still get "No file" when trying to use it.

I'm wondering if it's got something to do with the ID3 tags, as I make my own MP3 files and store both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags (with fractional track numbers). Obviously none of this should really matter, but we still haven't found why some users seem to have some (but not 100%, apparently) success with these M3U playlists in MSC mode, and I (for one) have ZERO. I may do some more experimenting, although this is clearly a Cowon software issue.

In the meantime, I still haven't decided whether to spend any effort building MTP/PLA playlists as I will lose them as soon as I connect the J3 to my PC in MSC mode. So I'd have to remember to stay in MTP mode forever.

Unfortunately, I'm back on my Win7 machine and I STILL can't see "external storage" in MTP mode. So even if I wanted to use MTP/PLA, unless I can figure out how to make both "internal storage" and "external storage" visible that means I can't build PLA playlists for tracks on external storage. Again, this is clearly a Cowon bug, and I'm not really interested in spending time trying to overcome it... when they really need to fix it (I've reported it to them).

Last edited by DSperber; 08-04-2010 at 06:09 AM.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Heard back today from Cowon (corporate, in Korea I would guess), on the M3U playlist issue.

They included a PDF on "how to build an M3U playlist for the J3", which touts the use of their JetAudio product and also mentions saving it in UNICODE format in the root folder of the J3's internal storage.

Interestingly, the M3U playlist produced by this recipe installs "absolute drive-letter references" in the tracks (e.g. R:\Music\artist\album\trackname.mp3) which obviously can only "work" with a Windows-based player. Once the J3 is disconnected unless the "R:\" drive letter portion is specifically ignored by the J3's playlist software, it clearly will not work.

Yes, the playlist (stored on the J3, and referencing tracks on the J3) CAN be played successfully by the JetAudio Player (as long as the J3 is still connected to Windows via MSC). However it can't be played by Winamp since it's in UNICODE, which unless I'm missing an option somewhere is not supported by Winamp.

Anyway, once the J3 is disconnected from Windows it simply fails to play either UNICODE or ANSI M3U-form playlists with "No file", as has now been stated to death on this forum.

Obviously it's a J3 bug, especially if other users state that the identical M3U playlists work perfectly on the S9.

Anyway, they directed me to submit "official" problem reports using their Support -> "Q&A" link on their global web site, where there would definitely be a response. This is not the Cowon America site (where I'd already submitted my tickets, and which I'd received acknowledgement that they'd been forwarded to Korea).

So, just to try and get a "flash mob" of complaints about what I feel to be the TWO glaring MAJOR PROBLEMS (that I see, anyway) with the J3, I'm suggesting that everybody who is bothered by the playlist issues submit their own problem reports to Cowon's Global site at this web page.

NOTE: YOU MUST FIRST REGISTER YOURSELF ON THAT WEB SITE, AND LOG IN.

My TWO issues are as follows:

(1) When connected in MTP mode (which DOES fully and properly support PLA playlists for successful playback on the J3), only "internal storage" is shown with Windows Explorer.

Obviously, in order to be able to fully use the J3 and copy files from PC to J3 while in MTP mode, it is also necessary to show "external storage". Without this, the J3's external card is worthless when in MTP mode... something that is clearly not intended by Cowon.

And of course, if "external storage" is not shown then it is not possible to build/maintain PLA playlists referring to any tracks on "external storage", again something that is obviously not correct.

It would be plain stupid to only support "internal storage" while in MTP mode, negating use of "external storage" for file storage and PLA playlist building.

Obviously a bug.

(2) When connected in MSC mode, where M3U playlists are theoretically usable, although these files can be built (by a large number of Windows programs, including Cowon's JetAudio) they turn out to be UNUSABLE by the J3!

In fact, when the M3U playlists stored on the J3 (either in the root folder of internal storage, or in the \Playlists folder, or anywhere else for that matter) are accessed via [Playlists] they always (at least for me) result in "No file", and simply DO NOT WORK AT ALL!!

ALL of these M3U playlists DO work successfully when opened using Windows-based player programs as long as the J3 is connected to Windows in MSC mode. But once the J3 is disconnected from Windows and the J3 software itself takes over the playlist usage function (via [Playlists], where they appear including the .M3U extension which is not true when in MTP mode where the PLA playlists appear simply with the playlist name) it simply fails with "No file".

I've tried both UNICODE and ANSI versions of M3U playlists, and both "relative" and "absolute" track references inside the M3U files... not to mention all possible folder locations for the M3U playlist files themselves. In all cases -> "No file" when they are selected.

I'm urging everyone to post their own problem reports to Cowon Global using the above link. Maybe then they will acknowledge that something's not right with the J3 (I'm using the latest v2.21 software) and presumably fix it with some upcoming firmware release.

Last edited by DSperber; 08-05-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:13 PM

I too received a PDF document from Cowon in Korea, showing step by step how to do it using Jetaudio. I tried it without much hope and wow! I was right! It didn't work. I wrote back to Cowon and they have asked me to tell them which firmware version I was using. I am convinced the J3 has a problem. As I may have written before I also have a Cowon S9 32GB and creating playlists on that has been quite easy. Let's hope Cowon sort out the problem soon.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
I too received a PDF document from Cowon in Korea, showing step by step how to do it using Jetaudio. I tried it without much hope and wow! I was right! It didn't work. I wrote back to Cowon and they have asked me to tell them which firmware version I was using. I am convinced the J3 has a problem.
I hope they have adequate English-speakers over there. My original report to "Cowon Corporate" mentioned that I was running their latest v2.21 firmware, but their response to me included instructions and a link to download "the latest 2.21 firmware".

Hopefully that was just standard boilerplate they add to all email responses, and not a true indication that this is nothing more than an "auto-robot response" (which obviously detected my concern about M3U playlist problems).

In the meantime, on the subject of actually using the J3 to play music!!!... I brought it with me on my 3-week trip back East. I connected it to portable speakers or home stereo systems (with a stereo mini-plug to L/R RCA adapter cable -> AUX input) at every stop along the way, sharing my [LAME-produced MP3 files using best HQ VBR parameters] music collection and the truly wonderful sound of the J3, and got nothing but enjoyment everytime another beautiful resized 500x500 HQ album art image appeared on the screen.

And then yesterday I decided to take it with me in the car, trying it out for the first time using the AUX input (via female stereo mini-jack connector on a cable in the globebox) of the sound system in my Mercedes. MBZ had thoughtfully built a "groove/slot" in the top edge of the glove box cover, so that you can snake the cable (connecting to the female connector inside the glove box) out of the globe box and to the player sitting on say the passenger seat, and then close the glove box so that the courtesy light goes out. Beautiful design.

I was thrilled to hear the wonderful sound of the J3 and my MP3's coming through the car's terrific sound system, although fooling with it while driving (when the display goes off after a while and you have to push the power button on the side to wake it up) is obviously not really something that should be done. However it's fine for playing an album (or, maybe someday... A PLAYLIST!!!).

I even put it into "sleep mode" (rather than powering it off fully, as I usually do) when I had to stop to do some shopping. When I came back out I "woke it up" and it was instantly ready to play again, not requiring my usual 30-second or so boot delay when a full scan of "external storage" is always performed.

All in all... I'm really really happy with my purchase, and how really wonderful it sounds through my [LARGE] Sony CD950 headphones (which I certainly would not walk around wearing, but which sound terrific if I'm just sitting and listening).

Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM

pretty much done with my "playlist" issue, i use media jukebox from j.river, i just drag my playlist from the jukebox using the programs sync function and when that's done, i open up J3:\Playlists\ using explorer, drag the playlist file (from the sync) to Playlist Creator and write over the original playlist file

Old 08-12-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduckquack View Post
pretty much done with my "playlist" issue, i use media jukebox from j.river, i just drag my playlist from the jukebox using the programs sync function and when that's done, i open up J3:\Playlists\ using explorer, drag the playlist file (from the sync) to Playlist Creator and write over the original playlist file
So you're saying that your above process produces "working" M3U playlists. And you're saying that you place these playlists in the J3:\Playlists folder.

And you're saying that when you tap the Music icon on the J3 and then navigate back to [Playlists], that your playlists appear there WITHOUT THE .M3U EXTENSIONS, but rather you just see the playlist names.

I assume your album folders and track file names (named in these M3U playlists) are stored in the J3:\Music folder.

Can you please post a sample of one of these "working" M3U playlists (maybe a fairly short one, but still one that actually works) here. I'm curious to see exactly what it looks like... which works for you, but not for me.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 AM

yup, it produces a "working" playlist that works like a regular playlist (also without the .M3U extension)

these are the "settings" that work for me:
1. take out microSD, wont work with it on, likewise, i cant get a playlist with files in the microSD to work (might be the reason it's not working for you)
2. MSC mode
3. on media jukebox i sync using "Playlist Format:M3U (relative paths)
4. on Playlist Creator i use "Absolute" entries

heres a sample playlist

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:95,(500) Days of Summer - 1 - A Story Of Boy Meets Girl
J:\Music\Mychael Danna & Rob Simonsen\(500) Days of Summer\01 - Mychael Danna & Rob Simonsen - A Story Of Boy Meets Girl.mp3
#EXTINF:289,(500) Days of Summer - 2 - Us
J:\Music\Regina Spektor\(500) Days of Summer\02 - Regina Spektor - Us.mp3
#EXTINF:243,(500) Days of Summer - 3 - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
J:\Music\The Smiths\(500) Days of Summer\03 - The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.mp3
#EXTINF:128,(500) Days of Summer - 4 - Bad Kids
J:\Music\Black Lips\(500) Days of Summer\04 - Black Lips - Bad Kids.mp3
#EXTINF:112,(500) Days of Summer - 5 - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
J:\Music\The Smiths\(500) Days of Summer\05 - The Smiths - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want.mp3
#EXTINF:416,(500) Days of Summer - 6 - There Goes The Fear
J:\Music\Doves\(500) Days of Summer\06 - Doves - There Goes The Fear.mp3
#EXTINF:185,(500) Days of Summer - 7 - You Make My Dreams
J:\Music\Hall & Oates\(500) Days of Summer\07 - Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams.mp3

Old 08-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduckquack View Post
yup, it produces a "working" playlist that works like a regular playlist (also without the .M3U extension)
This seems to be the generally agreed "giant clue" that a playlist (PLA in MTP, or M3U in MSC) is going to work successfully... if there is no .PLA or .M3U extension visible under [Playlists].

Conversely, if you see .M3U, you're dead.

Quote:
these are the "settings" that work for me:
1. take out microSD, wont work with it on, likewise, i cant get a playlist with files in the microSD to work (might be the reason it's not working for you)
Very interesting. I haven't tried removing the card, but will experiment later.

Of course if you can't have an external card inserted and still use M3U playlists, then we're back to a Cowon J3 firmware bug that obviously must be fixed. So I'd consider "remove the card" as a temporary workaround only, to try and at least figure out why this works for some people but not for others.

But in the end, M3U playlist functionality on the J3 should work 100% reliably as it does with Windows-based players, no matter which of the 4 different syntax formats (that I can identify) the M3U file exists in.

Also, M3U playlists should support accessing tracks on both internal and external storage of the J3 (ideally, one single M3U playlist should also be able to access tracks on EITHER internal or external storage locations, just as Windows-based players can do without a problem accessing music files on any number of different drives from one M3U playlist).

Quote:
2. MSC mode
3. on media jukebox i sync using "Playlist Format:M3U (relative paths)
4. on Playlist Creator i use "Absolute" entries
I believe you'd said that the M3U playlist file itself is stored in J3:\Playlists.

And the sample you give below is one of the 4 different "known M3U formats" I've previously shown myself with examples. The fact that you use the above tools and recipe steps to produce it isn't as important to me as the final result, which is a perfectly standard M3U file using "absolute" fully-qualified path/file naming conventions.

The Windows-known drive letter (when the J3 was connected via MSC) is present in the track references, but obviously the J3 is ignoring these letters (as it must) and simply considering the "relative" rest of the track reference to find those tracks on its own "internal storage"... which is really the "assumed drive letter" for the J3.

Again, I have always tried to do this WITH the external card inserted. I will experiment later trying to duplicate your environment exactly... no external card in use, and an "absolute" M3U playlist file.

Incidentally, your folder/file organization under J3:\Music is similar to mine (i.e. \Music\Artist\Album\filename.mp3) although my filenames do not contain either track number or artist as yours do. I don't know that this is particularly relevant, but I will also experiment with that... if just removing my external card doesn't magically make things work for me.

But again... eventually Cowon will presumably fix the firmware problem that makes this all such a kluge, and create 100% working and reliable M3U playlist functionality that is as dependable as that of Windows-based players like Winamp, which can handle all 4 M3U file structures with zero problem.

Quote:
here's a sample playlist

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:95,(500) Days of Summer - 1 - A Story Of Boy Meets Girl
J:\Music\Mychael Danna & Rob Simonsen\(500) Days of Summer\01 - Mychael Danna & Rob Simonsen - A Story Of Boy Meets Girl.mp3
#EXTINF:289,(500) Days of Summer - 2 - Us
J:\Music\Regina Spektor\(500) Days of Summer\02 - Regina Spektor - Us.mp3
#EXTINF:243,(500) Days of Summer - 3 - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
J:\Music\The Smiths\(500) Days of Summer\03 - The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.mp3
#EXTINF:128,(500) Days of Summer - 4 - Bad Kids
J:\Music\Black Lips\(500) Days of Summer\04 - Black Lips - Bad Kids.mp3
#EXTINF:112,(500) Days of Summer - 5 - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
J:\Music\The Smiths\(500) Days of Summer\05 - The Smiths - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want.mp3
#EXTINF:416,(500) Days of Summer - 6 - There Goes The Fear
J:\Music\Doves\(500) Days of Summer\06 - Doves - There Goes The Fear.mp3
#EXTINF:185,(500) Days of Summer - 7 - You Make My Dreams
J:\Music\Hall & Oates\(500) Days of Summer\07 - Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams.mp3

Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Default AMAZING BREAKTHROUGH: REMOVE micro card -> M3U playlists work!!!

Quote:
This seems to be the generally agreed "giant clue" that a playlist (PLA in MTP, or M3U in MSC) is going to work successfully... if there is no .PLA or .M3U extension visible under [Playlists].

Conversely, if you see .M3U, you're dead.

I haven't tried removing the card, but will experiment later.
Well... remarkable!

Sure enough, once I removed my external microSDHC card, the J3's functionality for M3U playlists now works!!! Or at least it did for THREE OUT OF THE FOUR DIFFERENT M3U SYNTAX FORMATS.

Now in my opinion this is still UNACCEPTABLE, since obviously we would like to be able to double the size of the J3's capacity by inserting up to a 32GB external microSDHC card, and there's no reason the firmware should prevent playlist functionality from (a) working at all even if there's an external card inserted, and (b) supporting both the internal storage and external card for purposes of playlist functionality.

Nevertheless, once I removed my external card I was now able to see my four experimental M3U playlists under [Playlists], and all four of them DID NOT SHOW THE .M3U extension!!!

However one of them, the very minimalist "nothing but absolute track references" M3U playlist produced by one of my Windows "organizer" utilities (MP3-Explorer) did show up with "No file" when I selected it (even though it appeared under [Playlists] without its .M3U extension).

But all of the other three M3U playlists DID WORK PERFECTLY... showing all of the imbedded track references when I selected the playlist name and also playing them.

So, the first three following M3U playlist formats DO WORK FINE. Only the fourth "minimalist absolute" format (from MP3-Explorer) produces "No file", even though it works fine when used by Winamp on the PC.

(1) Produced by Cowon's JetAudio program: [works on the J3]

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:255,Desperado
W:\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Desperado.mp3
#EXTINF:432,Hotel California
W:\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Hotel California.mp3

(2) Produced by Winamp: [works on the J3]

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:255,Eagles, The - Desperado
\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Desperado.mp3
#EXTINF:432,Eagles, The - Hotel California
\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Hotel California.mp3

(3) Produced by Playlist Creator: [works on the J3]

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:255,Hell Freezes Over - 15 - Desperado
..\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Desperado.mp3
#EXTINF:432,Hell Freezes Over - 6 - Hotel California
..\Music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Hotel California.mp3

(4) Produced by MP3 Explorer: [fails to work on the J3]

w:\music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Desperado.mp3
w:\music\Eagles, The\Hell Freezes Over\Hotel California.mp3

Nevertheless, once again, this M3U playlist functionality on the J3 only seems to work currently if the microSDHC card is NOT INSERTED.

Obviously Cowon must fix this in firmware. I have actually heard back from Cowon Korea just today on this matter, and will report back to them my discovery.

MANY THANKS TO DDUCKQUACK FOR THIS MOST SIGNIFICANT OBSERVATION.

Tags
j3, m3u, msc, mtp, playlist