android
Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 AM

Default Kenwood MG-F516?

I was browsing around ebay and this player caught my eye. Comes in a max of 16gb of space, which is decent, but it does come with a microsd card slot which is very nice. Does anyone know if the files on the sd card are integrated into the main player like the D2, or the Clip+, or is it separate like the Samsung models with sd slot? What about the sq, how is it? I read Kenwood suppose to like offer one of the best in class sq, is that true? Finally question I have is it worth 200usd(16gb) or I am playing too much for it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2010, 04:31 AM

I have not heard the flash based Kenwoods, but I own the HDD based HD20GA7 which was released in 2005. I like the sound very much, smooth but still punchy. I also own a Cowon S9, but I prefer the sound that the Kenwood produces.

You can check out this thread at Head-fi (where I also take part).

Here's a review of the MG-F516
DAP collection:Cowon S9; Cowon X5V; Creative Zen Vision M; Creative Zen Touch; iRiver H120; JVC XA-HD500; Kenwood HD20GA7; Rio Carbon; Rio Karma; Samsung YH-J70; Sansa Clip+; Sansa View; Sony HD5; Toshiba Gigabeat F20
Earphones:too many to mention...

Old 08-02-2010, 04:45 PM

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I saw that review and the lack of integrated SD into the main list isn't cool. So, I guess its not for me.