android
Old 11-01-2010, 01:50 AM

The new build works, thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2010, 05:36 AM

Thanks for the heads up guys.

One thing to be aware of is that SUPER (used to, at least) replace the version of CoreAVC that you have installed with a very early version. This can be very annoying if you have a 'proper' more recent version of CoreAVC and can cause some problems.

I'm also pretty sure that having multiple versions of SUPER installed at the same time doesn't work, or didn't for me last time I tried. Again, this is pretty annoying as I've found this method to be really useful for using the last 2 versions of Handbrake.

I would definitely advise upgrading to build 41 if you use SUPER a lot, as they have added a substantial amount of new codecs over build 38.

If you are having the problem with it closing/crashing every time you click 'encode', then open the SUPER menu and check the item called "Use the older validation procedure". That *should* fix it. Not sure if this option is available before build 41 however.

Last edited by hazza_t10; 11-01-2010 at 05:45 AM.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:34 AM

Hopefully you knowledgeable folks might help me out with a slight although frustrating problem I seem to be encountering using Super build 41.

Following hazza_t10's settings and tutorial I have managed to convert several DVD MPEG to AVI fils that run ok on the J3 ( slight stuttering on complex scenes) however on a couple of runs Super has rejected the conversion of one or a couple of the original DVD ripped files list leaving me with some rather obvious gaps !

The original MPEG files that fail conversion play just fine in windows

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:14 AM

So just to get this straight, you have the original files as .MPG and you're loading these into SUPER as per the guide to convert them for the S9?

Is it MPEG-I or MPEG-II? Do you know what the audio format is? It shouldn't actually matter, but might as well check these things (you can use a utility called GSpot). The first possibility that springs to mind is that although the files play, there is some corruption/errors somewhere in the files that upsets SUPER. VLC player is usually good at notifying you if a file has errors, even if it is playable.

Can you convert the files to another format? Is it just the specific AVI+h.264 combo that doesn't work or does it reject them regardless of what you set? If not, try and convert them to some other format (AVI+DIVX say) first, then convert to the AVI+h.264 after.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:05 AM

I am using SmartRipper to copy files off of the DVD , I don't know whether the default is MPEG I or II im afraid.

I seem to have managed to make some progress getting all of the files off a couple of DVD's to complete conversion however I still have a problem ~

I have been playing around as per NokCha's post and very much like the enhanced visual quality of the files when using FFmpeg setting unfortunately I am still suffering the same problem using either FFmpeg or MEncoder setting where file 1 of 6 on one DVD and file 1 and 4 of 6 on another the video plays ok however audio is like a 45rpm record at 33rpm

Last edited by ScaRaMooCH; 11-06-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:24 AM

Well after quite a struggle I've managed to convert both discs of The Fellowship of the Ring to FFmpeg , Oh My !!! as NoKCHa said , These files really show how impressively the OLED on the J3 can perform .

A Down side , Yes unfortunately . On some large panned or complex scenes the J3 struggles a tad and can stutter , The files are also Mahoosive with an original (1,073,625,088 bytes) MPEG weighing in at as much as (546,194,766 bytes)

An interesting exercise re the image capabilities of the Cowon ,however ultimately perhaps not that practical and I shall try going back to some slightly more digestible conversions .

Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 AM

Heeeeeelllllllppppppppp please !

I really am banging my head on a brick wall over this one .

Running the Super settings see attached image my attempts to back up LoTR TheTwoTowers special extended edition results in a successful playable conversion with
vts_01_1 MPEG to .vob AVI
vts_01_3 MPEG to .vob AVI
vts_01_4 MPEG to .vob AVI

However without altering any of the conversion perimeters I end up with
vts_01_2 MPEG to .vob AVI
vts_01_5 MPEG to .vob AVI

With these two files Video is OK , However the Audio file is playing the Actors commentery track and not the film track I am mighty here folks and would greatly appreciate any advice .

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ScaRaMooCH; 11-17-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Have you tried selecting "DVD Language Select AudioStream Track #: 1"? It's greyed out in the picture above, but once you add the file you should be able to select which track you want to use, and I'd assume track #1 is the film audio.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emc209i View Post
Have you tried selecting "DVD Language Select AudioStream Track #: 1"? It's greyed out in the picture above, but once you add the file you should be able to select which track you want to use, and I'd assume track #1 is the film audio.
Unfortunately yes

I re-ripped vts_01_2 MPEG to .vob AVI from the DVD with the commentary track stripped off (a function I found on Smart Ripper ) the file plays OK on the PC however when I attempt to encode with exact same settings as per my post as Default is the only audio path available at those settings I get a Video file OK however as Default must be the Comentary track ? I get a Very Very faint mashed up audio .

If I encode the stripped file with MEncoder and select audio stream #1 I get a successfull video and audio copy however the video quality is noticably better on the three files that I managed to encode with FFmpeg

Old 11-18-2010, 07:45 AM

In a bit of a rush at the moment so I'll try and give you a proper reply tomorrow. If it's a DVD you're trying to do, I would recommend the following route:

DVD -> DVDDecrypter -> Handbrake (to full res, good quality file with a single audio track) -> SUPER

This way you can resolve all these problems with Handbrake, which is much more flexible in allowing you to select the audio track, and also handle deinterlacing/decombing, aspect ratio, subtitles and chapter selection (if you don't want the full length).

Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazza_t10 View Post
In a bit of a rush at the moment so I'll try and give you a proper reply tomorrow. If it's a DVD you're trying to do, I would recommend the following route:

DVD -> DVDDecrypter -> Handbrake (to full res, good quality file with a single audio track) -> SUPER

This way you can resolve all these problems with Handbrake, which is much more flexible in allowing you to select the audio track, and also handle deinterlacing/decombing, aspect ratio, subtitles and chapter selection (if you don't want the full length).
Thank you for your advice hazza much appreciated , I shall look into Handbrake , steep curve for me tho as I am a noob at this .
What is still doing my NUT is that 3 out of the original 5 files encoded without any problem The point I have gotten to atm is the inability to select any audio path other than default ( which on track 2 and 5 is either commentary or mashed up file on the stripped ripped version ) when selecting FFmpeg + Direct Show . FFmpeg without Direct show either default audio or ~1 track does't work

Last edited by ScaRaMooCH; 11-18-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 PM

I just tried downloading an MP4/h264/AAC video from CNET, and it played flawlessly on the J3. It's 640x360, and the J3 didn't act up at all.

I tried recreating those settings with SUPER/FFMPEG, but it doesn't work. With an MP4 container one can't choose Mencoder in SUPER, so I guess one has to look for another tool for working MP4 encodes.

Code:
General
Complete name                    : D:\cnet_2010-11-29-175503-4077-3-0-0.1100.mp4
Format                           : MPEG-4
Format profile                   : Base Media
Codec ID                         : isom
File size                        : 27.0 MiB
Duration                         : 3mn 47s
Overall bit rate                 : 992 Kbps
Performer                        : CNET TV
Screenplay by                    : Castfire 2010-11-29 21:09:12 (v0.1.7.6066)
Genre                            : News/Technology
Encoded date                     : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date                      : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00
Cover                            : Yes
tven                             : f24da3e19ec757849858eb192bdc8756

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : Baseline@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC           : No
Format settings, ReFrames        : 1 frame
Codec ID                         : avc1
Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 896 Kbps
Width                            : 640 pixels
Height                           : 360 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
Frame rate mode                  : Constant
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.130
Stream size                      : 24.3 MiB (90%)
Language                         : English

Audio
ID                               : 2
Format                           : AAC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version                   : Version 4
Format profile                   : LC
Format settings, SBR             : No
Codec ID                         : 40
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 91.3 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : L R
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 2.48 MiB (9%)

Old 12-24-2010, 11:20 AM

Default a little success with mp4 at last

i think i've got a lucky break.

i used tipard video converter & converted mkv file (MKV AVC AC-3)

to this file BB.mp4 (tipard profile: h264/mpeg-4 AVC Video)

here's the link to my converted file
__http://rapidshare.com/files/439065319/BB.mp4

i'm not sure that my settings were correct. it's not important now. what is important - J3 plays it flawlessly!

it's easy to try any trial versions of tipard products - they have 5 min limitations but that's more than enough for testing. i'm eager to hear the ideas & opinions of experts.

p.s. it's a small clip from latest big bang

Last edited by karuna; 12-24-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: add small info

Old 12-26-2010, 12:34 PM

Guys,if possible, please someone post screen shots of the result.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM

SUPER current built is .42 dated Nov.2010
Ok.converted a test clip.
conversion went smooth(no crashing touch wood).

Last edited by rohit3192; 01-06-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 AM

Some experiments:
Converting DVD to .avi (for Cowon j3)
I used join vob program (download from CNET here)
You will find Video TS folder under explorer(under DVD drive).
The main movie is stored in multiple files like VTS_01_1 to VTS_01_8(Hint: usually the start of movie is in that first file which is .99Gb capacity).
Join .vob files that contain main movie with join vob tool.
Now you can encode this with SUPER.
Follow the hazzat's tutorial.
Further tips:
If you install Klite codec pack then there is media info option when you right click a file.
frames per second if possible take same as of original file(to avoid lip sync problems).
There is volume increase in other options(just below H.264 tab)

Last edited by rohit3192; 01-11-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 AM

Personally I feel that SUPER isn't doing a very good job on keeping the audio in sync, normalizing &convert AC3 sound to mp3/wav. So I was wondering if I could make a tutorial of how to convert DVD's to playable Xvid files with DVD2AVI+AviSynth+FormatFactory for the J3. Does that break ABI's rules in any way? I can leave the part out with the dec*ypter if you think it's inappropriate.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 AM

Freeware apps that help people to execute their fair use rights to transcode the movies they bought are perfectly fine with us - ie. DVD Decrypter is no issue.

We're just sensitive to spam about shady subpar payware apps, by people that either have financial gain by posting those, or by people that simply don't know any better.

BTW, I have no sync issues with SUPER at all, no matter what the source file was.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

+1 FWIW, I too use SUPER on occasion to transcode stuff and have not seen any A/V sync issues either with any format I have thrown at it.

Mostly I use MediaCoder but that's for another thread...and DVD Decrypter is indeed a fave as well
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-11-2011, 06:30 AM

In past 1 week I have converted 8 files from DVD .vob files to .Mp4 files all went smooth with no sync issue.
Keep frame rate of source file and Super settings to avoid sync issue.
I am also using Virtual dub mod to extract songs from .avi files.
Here is a sample (updated).
SAMPLE
Disclaimer: Not intended to violate any copyright.
For educational/learning purpose only.

Edit:
@Urne: I had some sync issues( also with CNET file linked by Dfkt)
I formatted my j3 with sdcard formatter and re-installed firmware then no sync issues after that.

Last edited by rohit3192; 01-11-2011 at 07:56 AM.