android
Old 08-01-2010, 04:35 AM

Default J3 Leather vs Silicon case ? =S

Hi!

I've already ordered my J3 from minidisc via pay cash on delivery, and in the meantime I'm choosing a case for it. I'm choosing between this [http://cgi.ebay.com/Cowon-J3-Silicon...item4150e597af] silicon case [includes screen protector, says the title? I dunno], and a leather case of some sort. I'm leaning towards the silicon case though, the thought of a leather case just puts me off for some reason.

Would it be recommended to get the leather case? I'm just under the impression its kinda bulky or something, and also impractical to have it on during use, and I'd just like some sort of shock/drop/protection I can keep on it even during use, or something.

Thanks,
-justin

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 AM

This one is cheaper and look better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cowon-J3-Silicon...item3f01932d9e

Old 08-01-2010, 04:46 AM

Oh, thanks! xD.

Except, the other one came with 'screen protectors.' Haha.

Would you advise using a leather case over silicon though =S

Oh, and also, would you happen to know if that one has holes for buttons and that kinda thing?

Thanks,
-Justin

Old 08-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Silicon cases tend to gather lint rapidly, and make extraction from pockets (they grip the cloth) a pain in the ass. The only good thing about silicon cases are that they are cheap, and do offer some protection against drops.

Generally I'd refer you to a leather case, but that's my preference.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:57 AM

After some opinions from various places, I've moved from edging towards silicon to sitting on the fence, lols.

The reason I liked silicon is probably because it takes up less space and most likely much lighter too =S xD.

istyle cases seems to be a cheap leather case from ebay, $14 and comes with screen protector. Are they any good? Like, does it protect, and are there holes for buttons and stuffs.

edit: What do people who have this [http://www.exportprive.com/official-...e-p-12983.html] jelly case think about it?

Thanks,
-justin

Last edited by justing943; 08-01-2010 at 06:12 AM.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:51 PM

I ordered this case and received it the other day. http://www.exportprive.com/rearth-ri...k-p-12959.html
It fits well and is not sticky like some other silicon cases. The only problem I have is I ordered the Aqua Black colored case and got a Blood colored one.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Cool okay! I don't know anything about that website, so I afraid I won't be of any help =/. Unfortunately, ebay is my only option to buy from, so I'll have to find something good off there.

-Justin

Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 AM

There's also a clear plastic case you can get. I haven't gotten one yet myself but I use to have one on my Sony 639 and it was great. But that and the silicon case doesn't give you any protection for the screen like the leather case can. I think for as much money as you spent on it you might think of getting the leather case also. Yes it makes it much bulkier but you'll feel a lot safer with it in your pocket.