android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thumb Up Clip+ clear cases/face-screen protectors

Various options for clear cases and face-screen protectors for the Clip+:

At Amazon.com, a $1.99 face protector, which actually seems pretty decent, as it covers the entire front of the player.

http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Durable-Screen-Protector-SanDisk/dp/B002Y31QDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280526269&sr =8-1

Likewise at Amazon.com or directly from the manufacturer, the invisibleShield, which is available in options to cover the face of the player alone or the entire player. The Amazon link to the face/screen protector, at $14.99 (the full body invisibleShield also is available at Amazon, for $10 more):

http://www.amazon.com/ZAGG-invisibleSHIELD-Protective-Sansa-Screen/dp/B003FSTC08/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280526395&sr =8-3

Between the 2 of the above, the invisibleShield, I'm guessing, is thicker, and perhaps a bit shock-absorbing. But as people say that the Clip+ is very scratch-resistant to begin with, the $1.99 face/screen protector may be just fine.

As sold at the invisibleShield website itself (zagg.com), they offer 3 levels of protection for the Clip+, from $9.99 (face/screen protector) to $14.99 (2 types of full body coverage, one of which seems to be what's at Amazon--I can't tell which, though), a significant percentage savings over the Amazon.com prices. The manf. also offers a 45-day money-back guarantee at its website, if you decide you don't like the product (it's unclear to me if that refunds the shipping, $2.99 in the U.S.).

When I got my Clip+, I managed to snag a DLO Action Jacket case (plus velcro armband) for it, which I like: it's full body protection; it's stylish; it has an almost full-face sheet of clear acetate on the front, protecting the Clip+ but still showing it off; and it adds some padding for the front and sides/corners/edges of the Clip+, which I really like (I can be a klutz). I got it at a great sale price--no way was I going to pay the original $30 sales price.

Checking at Amazon.com just now, though, I saw that you can get the DLO case from a 3rd-party store there at $1.95 + 5.78 shipping. At that price, I'd be very tempted to grab it, as long as you're fine with its fully body, fuzzy neoprene, black case, which adds a small amount of bulk to the player (but which leaves all controls accessible). A nice advantage it has over the invisibleShield, beyond the price, is the shock-absorbing nature of the case. It's unclear to me how many cases the third-party store might have.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Action-Jacket-Adjustable-Armband/dp/B003QI8J1K/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1280528032&sr =1-1

At any rate, I hope that this might help others in the somewhat illusive search for Clip+ cases.

Last edited by Mikerman; 07-30-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
clip+ cases, clip+ screen protectors, dlo action jacket, invisibleshield