android
Old 07-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Default Zune HD not connecting to home wi-fi

So I've had my Zune HD since it came out and I never had a problem connecting it to the wi-fi at my house before. I just got back from vacation and now my Zune HD won't connect to the wi-fi. It just says "connecting," but never does anything. I've even tried reinstalling the software on my Zune to see if that would help, but the problem still persists. I don't understand why it work before, but not now.

If anyone is curious the router I have is a "Belkin N1 Wireless Router".

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2010, 01:06 PM

Did you change any settings on the router? I had the same problem when I tweaked some settings on my router.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:08 PM

Try restarting your router by unplugging it and plugging it back in. My router sometimes acts strangely, and this usually fixes it.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Try forgetting the network on your Zune HD and then connecting again.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate8nate View Post
Try restarting your router by unplugging it and plugging it back in. My router sometimes acts strangely, and this usually fixes it.
What this guy said. sometimes my router will look like it is functioning fine, but i wont be able to connect to it with any device. usually i restart my zune, and restart the router (unplug for 3 minutes, and plug back in) and it is usually fixed after that.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:49 PM

Exact same thing, It happened like 1 month ago and still is... i bought a new zHD 2 days ago and that wont connect to the router also, Ive only got it to work in the morning and at night, yeah kindof weird I cant explain why... But what I do is reset my zHD 2 times and turn it off for hours then I turn it on at night or at morning and it works fine, but then later in the day it displays "connecting..."

And its not my router because my Laptop, Bro's iPhone, Sis iTouch, Moms iPhone all connects to the router fine and here I am with my zHD and wont connect =/

ohh and one time i got so pissed off i kept pushing the media + home button simultaneously for a long time, then i press the Internet + home button simultaneously for a long time too and somehow it finally connected to the router.. 0.o

anyways bottom line is I still have this problem, pisses me off.. Ive thrown my zHD to the wall cuz i get so pissed of at my zune.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 PM

Reseting my router hasn't fixed the problem. My zune still refuses to connect to the wifi.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:19 AM

Do what I did... Turn it off for hours then try to connect again...

Old 07-31-2010, 12:31 PM

do you have any zdk apps? because thats what happened to mine.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:03 PM

I wonder if it is time to reset the firmware.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 PM

Try resetting your Zune. If it still doesn't connect to the router, but other things do (comp, laptop, phones, etc.) then the problem is not with your ZuneHD.

Your next step would be to check your router settings. If you have security enabled, make sure the Zune is compatible. Make sure your radio is set so that it is on Wireless b/g/n and not just N. Check other settings such as DCHP, and make sure that there are not too many other things connected, because the router might not be assigning the HD an IP address. Also, upgrade your router's firmware (this should be done first) by downloading and following the directions on the vendor's website. If a new firmware is not available to download, (or if you did download and install and it still doesn't work) when accessing router settings, reset to factory defaults. To access router settings go to http://192.168.1.1 in any browser while connected to the internet. The default user and pass is usually admin and admin, but does vary.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin Fancy View Post
Try resetting your Zune. If it still doesn't connect to the router, but other things do (comp, laptop, phones, etc.) then the problem is not with your ZuneHD.

Your next step would be to check your router settings. If you have security enabled, make sure the Zune is compatible. Make sure your radio is set so that it is on Wireless b/g/n and not just N. Check other settings such as DCHP, and make sure that there are not too many other things connected, because the router might not be assigning the HD an IP address. Also, upgrade your router's firmware (this should be done first) by downloading and following the directions on the vendor's website. If a new firmware is not available to download, (or if you did download and install and it still doesn't work) when accessing router settings, reset to factory defaults. To access router settings go to http://192.168.1.1 in any browser while connected to the internet. The default user and pass is usually admin and admin, but does vary.
By reset the zune do you mean the process in which you turn it off and hold in the media button? If that's what you are referring too I have already done so. I haven't changed any of the settings on my router since I got it, but I will check and see if something changed/needs to be updated.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 PM

By reset it, I mean hold down the power button until the device resets.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 AM

I've reseted my ZuneHD literally 100 times
Reinstall firmware about 10 times
Reinstall Zune software once
Erase all Zune content 15 times
Threw my ZuneHD at a wall 2 times
I even bought a 2nd Zune HD

I did everything possible and it still don't work, but somehow only yesterday i did not have any problems...

Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Also, try plugging the Zune into the AC charger (if you have one) and see if it works then.

Tags
connect, internet, problem, router, wireless