Old 08-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Default Looking For Oldies Sandisk Slotradio Card

Could anyone direct me where I could find the Sandisk Slotradio 1,000 Oldies song card?

I've searched the internet and have only been able to locate one for $210 and requested a quote from another company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-16-2015, 12:38 PM

It's so niche that 210 dollars sounds about right. You could make your own 1000 song oldies microSD for far less.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

On Ebay used ones sell for around $40 to $80. Imo it isn't even worth $20 though, as the sound quality of the songs varies quite a bit, and the songs can only be played in an order determined by the card in 7 predetermined playlists. You can skip to the next song any time, but can't go back. You can switch to one the other 6 playlists. I had a few slotradio cards. They have been sold on Ebay. I paid only $20 each for these on sale in '09, and they sold for much more than that on Ebay.

Imo a much better idea is to buy some CD rock collections from the 60s and 70s on Amazon. You would get better sound quality, and be able to play your favorite songs from those in the order you want. With Slotradio cards, the cards will be totally unusable once you no longer have a compatible player.

Last edited by JK98; 08-16-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm surprised he hasn't responded. I guess he probably gave up on the idea of getting a Slotradio card. If those cards would have had consistently good sound quality, and enabled playlists to be constructed from the songs on them, then they would have been useful. If someone likes 20% of the songs on the card, having to continuously forward though an average of 4 songs for each one played is a great nuisance.

mp3, music, sandisk, slot, song