Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3

Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 AM

Top one doesnt work correctly

bottom one does work correctly

and yeh I did see album art updating, ill delete it again to see if any change

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2010, 01:17 PM

Default The Solution 100%

Nice screen shots. The only difference to me is that your track column shows 1/10, 2/13, etc. The J3 doesn't like fractions. Just tested it and it screws not only the offending album but some other good formatted albums too. Looks like this is the answer. Put ONE album into mp3tag at a time., click on the 'track' column. Select all, then click on the auto-numbering tool in the task bar. I use the leading zero setting. Apply to ALL offending albums and everything will work. On the J3 use 'Settings/System/DB Update' to refresh the DB. This is the solution 100%. Remember that using the 'fractional' track number buggers up other albums as well itself. In matrix mode the j3 pulls the art from track 1. On albums with multiple art, in playmode each track will show its own art.

Last edited by Xul; 07-24-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:51 PM

thanks man, ill try that when im back at my pc

could do with a sticky of stuff needed to ensure correct album art display!

seems this may very well be the problem

as for the screenshots, yeh they arent too good are they lol

Old 08-15-2010, 02:13 PM

I have about 3 albums which I cant get the album art to appear. Have tried to embed the album art on the tracks with no joy. Have put the album art in the album folder naming it cover.jpeg and again no joy. Have made sure the album's tracklisting isnt done in fractions but still nothing. Its annoying as I just dont know why these particular album arts wont appear.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:30 PM

Most players don't like progressive JPEGs, only baseline. Try converting JPEG > JPEG with an app like Irfanview or Faststone, maybe that helps. Also, some images downloaded from the internet may incorrectly use the .jpg suffix - while in reality they're .gif or .png. Irfanview catches and auto-corrects such incorrect suffixes.

Also, don't name your pics .jpeg, but .jpg.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Most players don't like progressive JPEGs, only baseline. Try converting JPEG > JPEG with an app like Irfanview or Faststone, maybe that helps. Also, some images downloaded from the internet may incorrectly use the .jpg suffix - while in reality they're .gif or .png. Irfanview catches and auto-corrects such incorrect suffixes.

Also, don't name your pics .jpeg, but .jpg.
Thanks dude. This worked a treat. Props dude.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM

This is a Pain, My son and his crapply giggle while I spend hours on hours fixing media art. The only good part of this process is that you can attach multiple art to all the songs and the screen will display multiple picture as the music is playing. But the entire process is still a pain.