android
Old 07-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Don't get me wrong, if I had a phone that could check out Web stuff, and I could afford it, I would use it. If I came into a bunch of money, sure, I'd look to upgrade...Droid X, HTC Evo, who knows?

I'm just using my phone the way I do because I have to. I have the slider one, the Samsung.....and I would love a QWERTY keyboard too. Maybe someday.
What a coincidence that we would have the same phones (Samsung T301G?), lol!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-17-2010, 10:32 AM

There isn't even a WP7 phone out yet so I am not mad about there not being a WP7 Zune yet. Now, if the next generation Zune isn't a WP7 device, then I will be disappointed...but not surprised.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
What a coincidence that we would have the same phones (Samsung T301G?), lol!
Yup, T301G.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe View Post
There isn't even a WP7 phone out yet so I am not mad about there not being a WP7 Zune yet. Now, if the next generation Zune isn't a WP7 device, then I will be disappointed...but not surprised.
X2

Old 07-24-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
I agree here. My parents refuse to shell out the extra 30 bucks a month (or more) to use a Verizon or AT&T or any phone with the monthly plan. So...what that means, for me, not old enough to get a good paying job, is that I have to stick with the crappy TracFones, which are only good for calling and texting, and TracFone doesn't have any smartphones in my area (I know, what a shame). So, for people like me and Living In Lies, we've got our good reasons, why we cannot afford a WP7 and would love to see the WP7 software ported to the Zune HD. However, I'm not complaining, because I've already complained and clearly it's not making a difference, and I don't want to waste my time complaining if it's not going to make a difference, I have more important things to do than to complain to somebody (MS) who's not listening to me.
Actually, prepare to see some lower priced data plans, as AT&T has switched to tiered plans, and the Big Red has plans to switch to a tiered system as well (with the coming of LTE 4G on the way).

In fact, with the lower frequencies of cellular data signals being adopted (a rumored 700mhz for LTE), data will become ever more cheaper, and voice should be scrapped out of all standard plans in a few years or so. Be patient! The age of the smartphone has come!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe View Post
Will you be surprised if there isn't any next gen Zune hardware?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:33 PM

Not very surprised, no. I think it is certainly a possibility. Maybe there will be an iPod app instead. lol