android
Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I prefer Triple Flange ear tips, can anyone tell me if I need to be specific when looking on ebay for a set that will fit them?

EDIT: Don't worry I found some, they are en route to me in the mail..

Last edited by BruceBanner; 10-03-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So i've used these Panny's for a week now, really like them. Coming from Soundmagic E10's I personally did not feel the difference was night and day, but I felt I could hear more seperation, tighter bass, but higher and harsher trebles. What was most noticeable and definitely welcomed was those types of songs that have more 'atmospheric low bass rumblings' in them, it seemed to handle these incredibly well, much better than the E10's.
An example might be a track like this;

I'm interested to know how dfkt modded his with 'foam', keen to hear more on this, how he did it etc (pics

I don't appreciate the long stems tho, they make for round the back of the ear wearing very difficult (has anyone managed to do this successfully?). I'm wondering if http://www.sleek-audio.com/sa6-sa7-c...aceable-cable/ these might work better for behind ear...

Old 10-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear you're liking them. The E10 are have enough bass for my taste so it seems like I didn't miss anything when I didn't get these when they were available and relatively inexpensive.

From his description what dfkt was doing was a "kramer mod". The Wiki over on Headfi has a good description with pics. When you look it up you'll see different size foam pieces will change the sound sig in different ways. Don't expect a night and day difference. More like a rounding of sharp edges is what I get when I've done it with other IEMs.

I use the foam covering from the included earbuds you get with some DAPs. I don't use the buds themselves so I figure re-purposing the foam gets me some use out of them.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cheers will head over the Headfi and check that out.
I would say the bass is slightly less than the E10's but it holds it better on all frequencies (especially low rumbles), and I really push the volume hard so it's impressive they can do this. It makes the E10's bass (and everything else) feel a little 'muddier' as the panny's are slightly clearer... well that's how it sounds to me.
The E10's are more comfortable to wear, they wrap around the ears better, however I really like the cable length of the panny's, it's shorter and I have less excess.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:55 AM

Bump!
Does anyone know where I can find (over Europe) replacement cables for these? After 4 years my cable started to break and I lose sound on my right side all the time, but I can't find any replacements..

Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM

You could always send an email to your local panasonic support.

i did and they relayed me to a local panasonic "service center" that tried to charge me 51 ( around $68) for the cable plus 10($14) for shipping.("only" 4/$5.5 through paypal... you wish)

the only alternative is sleek audio cables but the durability seems to be rather shoddy.

http://www.sleek-audio.eu/shop/acces...a6-black-120cm

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 07-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have bought the sleek audio cable and so far (1yr in) they're showing no sign of failing. I also prefer them to the original Panasonic ones as they bend at a better angle to allow behind ear wearing a proper possibility.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:33 PM

Thanks, it seems I'll go for those Sleek Audio's cable, but the SA1 since I rather have the straight down option.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh I purchased these ones, the right angle allows for behind the ear much better than the straight, depends on how you like to wear IEMs I guess. I always go for behind ear, better for gym/active, less cable bounce and less microphonics.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:49 AM

I just got the SA1 cable and they are working perfectly fine with the Panas. Thanks a lot for helping me out!