android
Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@deadohiosky: Oh man, congrats buddy! I just screwed around with a J3 recently in a shop here in HK - I had my Panas with me. Man, even the cheesy Canto-pop shit music they had on the J3 sounded awesome via the Panas. Really, I ain't such a fan of digital processing in general for mp3 players/DAPs/PMPs, but dammit, everyone is right - Cowon sound enhancements are awesome.

I always knew this but just happened to be reminded of it recently.

Enjoy those Panas baby and congrats!
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-19-2011, 10:48 AM

thanks mate.

i only "played" around a bit but i can say right now that they are a massive improvement and i'm kind of embarrassed to have tortured my precious J3 with "them petty sennheisers".

whereas the bbe profiles were mostly muddy and not really improving the sound on the senn's i can see or better hear how it should sound an what characteristics are improved and/or changed with the settings.

almost forgot:

thanks dfkt and abi community for raising my music experience to 11 !!!!!!

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

So I popped these in my ears today and proceeded to bounce around the house a bit the question is who still listens to these.

Edit: I forgot how hard these can punch.

Last edited by Confispect; 08-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM

I'm still listening to them from time to time. Yeah, their dynamics sure are top notch.

Panasonic HJE900 for EUR87/GBP69 (UK) - http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...search&cur=258

Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 PM

That's a nice price!

From the picture, I see that they changed the cable connectors, they look like they're made of plastic now.

Headphones: AKG K240-MKII
To sell: JVC HA-FX300, Philips SHE9850

Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM

That's a stock photo that's been around for long. As far as I know, the cables are like that for the Asian version of the HJE900 (which also came in white) - but you probably get the usual cable with metal parts in EU/US.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's really great seeing these still being offered, and with the EU finally bringing the prices back down to earth! A best in category, as far as I'm concerned, for the price.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I'm still listening to them from time to time. Yeah, their dynamics sure are top notch.

Panasonic HJE900 for EUR87/GBP69 (UK) - http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...search&cur=258
Agreed.

From time to time I put them in my ears have no clue why some times it's just to search for that old sound. Anyhow there going up for sell.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:11 AM

Is it worth to exchange my Senn IE8 for the panas? €87 is really cheap... I can get rid of my senns for €206...

Old 08-10-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjondenon View Post
Is it worth to exchange my Senn IE8 for the panas? 87 is really cheap... I can get rid of my senns for 206...
Unless you're really after the money, I wouldn't do that.
Except if you're listening mainly guitar-oriented music (metal, progressive rock...), which the Panas really excel at.

Headphones: AKG K240-MKII
To sell: JVC HA-FX300, Philips SHE9850

Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 PM

Have just bought it yesterday The most convenient I feel until now is that the headset and the cord are disassemble, so the wire is never twisted and the junction of them is protected from breaking

Web Development

Last edited by zanara; 09-18-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Congrats.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:51 AM

I got them on sale from play.com for 49.95 and am looking forward to them enormously. Replacing Klipsch S4, what do you reckon? Will I fall off my chair out of amazement?

Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Yeah Klipsch S4 sucks.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro View Post
I got them on sale from play.com for 49.95 and am looking forward to them enormously. Replacing Klipsch S4, what do you reckon? Will I fall off my chair out of amazement?
That's a steal. Great phones. From my understanding, blow the S4 out of the water... Never had the S4, though.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
That's a steal. Great phones. From my understanding, blow the S4 out of the water... Never had the S4, though.
Well, at first I was, honestly, a bit disappointed. But the more I leveled the EQ out, the more satisfied I was. The HJE are indeed a lot more..refined and less bassy. It has taken me a while to adjust the sound settings to how I like it, but now, it's pure joy. It's incredible how these things bring seemingly subtle details to life. I paid even more for the S4, but then again, they're almost two years old. I am actually amazed that they still work without any problem because their build doesn't seem quite as good as it effectively is. I use them at least an hour a day, if not more. Even if they indeed sound not quite as good, that still is something the HJE still need to prove

Old 10-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Just don't get nothing in the vents and you should be fine.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Glad to hear you love 'em, Zyro. And I hope you continue to love them for years to come!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Hey guys..ummm just got these headphones yesterday. Due to positive comments from people that have purchased and especially this forum. I am clueless on sound performance etc unlike many of you. The build quality is great feel weight and strong. I was using some cheapy ones that come when you buy a phone, brought these as I thought they would last. To be honest I can't see much of a difference, I use it to watch videos on youtube and mainly with a 3DS which Is used in the evening and would like to have seen it with an L-shaped jack instead, so it fits right into the device. Also the buds seem to keep falling out of my ears which I keep having to push back into my ears? Am I missing something on these??? Regards

Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

If I'm reading what you say right you've got the headphones fighting with their hands tied when you feed them the way you seem to be doing it. If that's the case it's not surprising you aren't impressed by their performance.

There's three components needed to get good quality sound. Properly encoded files that are at a quality level high enough be transparent to the lossless source. A good source to play those files. Good transducers, either headphones or speakers, complete the picture.

Youtube videos are a poor substitute for well encoded audio files. I've heard some that are so bad I suspect they're done like that deliberately to discourage piracy. The sound quality on the 3DS isn't bad for a gaming console but it sure doesn't live up to what a quality DAP delivers.

Hooking the best headphones around onto the end of a poor audio chain will deliver poor sound. If you upgrade the rest and still get poor sound then you have a basis for a complaint.

You might also want to listen to them for a while, to let your brain and ears become accustomed to the new sound signature. Not "burn in" but "brain in". That may help some but upgrading the rest of your audio setup would be the best way to have the headphones perform as well as they can.