android
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Larch View Post
I think this cable fits too but has a straight plug.
Straight plugs into the iem themselves more like the original cable

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Marginally semi-important update: I've been using the Panas for the last few weeks with Phonak PFE silicone tips. To my ears those tips work even better with the Panas than the Super.Fi or Sony Hybrid tips - I'm not going back. YMMV, but for inquiring minds those PFE tips might be worth a try.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Marginally semi-important update: I've been using the Panas for the last few weeks with Phonak PFE silicone tips. To my ears those tips work even better with the Panas than the Super.Fi or Sony Hybrid tips - I'm not going back. YMMV, but for inquiring minds those PFE tips might be worth a try.
Hmm... I was thinking of buying another set of tips for my Pana's since I tried the ones from my sony ex-75's (which I assume are like a non-hybrid version of the Sony hybrids ), and they seemed to noticeably help the sound. But I know I wont' pay for more than one set of tips. Do you think it would be safer to go with the Sony's of the PFE's, especially considering that my ears can be wierd with fit and that Sony's come with each size?

Old 02-13-2011, 01:46 PM

If you don't know what size tips you need, the Sony tips sure are a bit less of a gamble. (It is annoying if you *do* know your size, and you always buy a few useless tips with the Sonys - but better safe than sorry.)

Personally, I'm using a large PFE tip in my left ear, and a medium one in my right.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

dfkt, are these them?
http://www.headphones4.com/phonak-au...licon-ear-tips

Seems they might come with a tip cleaning tool in this package configuration...Is that tool specific to Phonak IEMs or are they safe to use in general? And sorry for the noobiness, but how exactly does one use something like this tool? I assume it is to remove wax buildup on mesh grills and inside the tips themselves?
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-13-2011, 02:37 PM

Yes, those are the tips.

That tool is generally more useful for cleaning armature IEMs with narrow ~1mm nozzles, like Phonak, Shure, UE, EarSonics. Usually those sound canals have no filter/mesh on the front end, but the sound shaping filters a bit recessed in the canal.

The tool sure can be useful for any IEM though, especially for ones with gaps on the shell, where grime accumulates.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Once again you're absolutely right, i've tried it with my pfe112 tips and amazing, this guy is right again, better than sony hybrids, and comply (comply are for me good ear cleaners )

Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Sweet. Dammit, now I need to try and find those Phonak tips here in HK. It sucks being new to a city...
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-14-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
How difficult was it to get the Phonak PFE silicone tips onto the Panasonics?, According to the following thread from head-fi, it can be quite tricky!

Quote:
Hi ericp10, as I indicated in my PM to you, the diameter of the Audeo silicone tips is about 1/3 the size of the 900's nozzle, so getting them on was a b***h!!! The sibilance is gone, for the most part, but I feel that some of the great highs are also gone and the phone sounds a little muffled now.

Sorry for the amauterish pics but you can see how the Audeo tip tube is also almost twice as long as the 900's nozzle and so the tip narrows back down toward the output. You can also see the difference between openings using the Shure olive foam tips compared to the Audeo tips (large size).

What kind of detrimental effect would you expect from having a narrower output tube and also further away from the tip of the phone nozzle? I thought I would get greatly reduced bass but it all seems to be there but only with the Audeo tips over the ears as this is the only way I can get a decent seal with the smaller Audeo tips.

What do you think about cutting the Audeo tip so it is the same length as the 900's nozzle to place the driver closer to the eardrum? Would this bring back some of the sibilance that is now gone?

Any feedback is most welcomed!!

TIA.

Taken from: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...0#post_6997370

Old 02-14-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ Sweet. Dammit, now I need to try and find those Phonak tips here in HK. It sucks being new to a city...
Yes, you should try the tips and the Phonaks too, they sound great

Quote:
Originally Posted by karupin101 View Post
How difficult was it to get the Phonak PFE silicone tips onto the Panasonics?, According to the following thread from head-fi, it can be quite tricky!
to me it was fast and easy, no problem at all, and i can't find no difference how panas sound after and before the change.

Last edited by minimix; 02-14-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:17 AM

No issue getting the PFE tips on, for me as well. They're even easier to get on than the Sony tips, IMO. I don't think the sound changed at all, but the Panas are now way more comfy for me.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:35 PM

i have just ordered the hje900, i want to try the phonak audeo tips on these. I have no idea what size i should get though.. to give you and indication i use the largest sony hybrid's on my hippo vb.

Can anyone help me out here should i get size S,M or L for phonak audeo tips

Old 02-17-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kt_ View Post
i have just ordered the hje900, i want to try the phonak audeo tips on these. I have no idea what size i should get though.. to give you and indication i use the largest sony hybrid's on my hippo vb.

Can anyone help me out here should i get size S,M or L for phonak audeo tips
Try e-mailing phonak customer service and asking if they'd be willing to sell you a mixed bag of tips instead of 3 of the same kind. It's a simple request, and I'm sure they'll be accommodating.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 02-17-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
Try e-mailing phonak customer service and asking if they'd be willing to sell you a mixed bag of tips instead of 3 of the same kind. It's a simple request, and I'm sure they'll be accommodating.
do they ship to europe? i was actually looking at a dutch site that has em for 11 euros im not sure if this site would be willing to do this. But if the official phonak manufacterer ships to europe i would give your idea a shot thanks

Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 PM

If you use the largest Hybrids, then the large PFE tips should be the right ones as well. They're about the same size.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 PM

I do not remember if someone mentioned this already but how's isolation using the phonak's compare to using hybrid?

Also, for the sleek cable, does the angled plug not pose any problem? Does anyone actually have a picture of what it look like with sleek cable?

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The angled cable is favored over the straight due to deeper insertion.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
The angled cable is favored over the straight due to deeper insertion.
you could have been a bit more subtle with this one.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ roflmao! Naughty naughty!

And for me, though I have not sampled the angled replacement cables, I don't think they would work for me from what I have seen, especially since I stubbornly prefer to wear my IEMs in the old straight down method - the over ear thing may indeed have some benefits, but man, I just cannot get acclimated to it. I gave this a shot for a couple days last week and it just didn't work.

And I get quite adequate insertion, thank you very much... lol
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-19-2011, 02:54 AM

I don't like the angled SA6 cables that much. They are too thin and tangle like no other. Every time I take them out of the case, I need to spend time untangling them. While the right angled connectors made it easier to wear them over the ears, I've since then switched back to stock cable. The pins are a little longer than the stock cable and........for what it's worth, it's reported that they muffle / muddy the mids .