android
Old 02-02-2011, 12:33 PM

great to know, thanks guys. appreciate the response.
I will post my results on the HJE900s

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ This. Huge difference. None of those links are for the Panasonic HJE900 that we are talking about here and pretty much all love.

Beware! Those are completely different and I am pretty sure no one around here has even heard those before.
Agreed huge difference....I'm curious though they look allright.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
Agreed huge difference....I'm curious though they look allright.
this is what I was thinking, panasonic doesn't put out much crap.
maybe I will be the test dummy...
I dont think I need $120 USD headphones.... I mean $50 USD is kinda a lot in my book., I do understand you get what you pay for.

Ugh.. and to give you an idea im coming from skullcrappies cough i mean skullcandies!

Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM

I'm just going to pop in and say that the bundled tips that come with the panas are not even worth the packaging they come in. Not only are they 'weak', but they don't stay in place when you i.e. work out, jog, ride the buss, or do anything remotely active involving some degree of movement. If you're not sitting in a stress-less chair, or lying in your bed listening to music, you want other tips for these IEMs. (I have sony hybrids on the way... we'll see if that helps!)

Another thing is the cable. It's like 0.5m shorter than I would like (it's only 1m if I'm not mistaken). I'm a 'normal' height person at 173cm (5.9ish idk..) and the cable is barely reaching down to my hand warmer pockets on my jacket. It's almost like my J3 is hanging by the cable alone inside my pocket because it's not long enough to let the player rest comfortable at the bottom of the pocket. Even storing the J3 in my inner pocket is difficult at times.

Sound wise they're excellent. Can't wait to have the new tips arrive though.

This was just an FYI-post to potential buyers of the panas

Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Agreed.

Tips suck and cord lentth is annoying. Good thing is there's a cure for both

Cord: http://store.sleek-audio.com/replaceable-cable.html

Tips: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-B...dp/B001RB24UA/ http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_...-m11cl-mee.htm

Just got the M11 in all I can say is WOAH! Seriously a upgrade from Sony hybirds. More air and soundstage galore. These bring the focus the Sony Hybirds bring plus slightly better sepearation, highs seemed to be brought forward as well(in a good way). As well as mids seeming to sit dead center in your skull the bass is about the same slightly more tighter.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:02 PM

Bad news. The sound's gone out in one of the buds. The sad part is this has happened to me before, and I always attributed it to my using the earbuds too often while on the go or on the run. So with the Panas, I actually left it alone most of the time I've had it--which is about a few weeks. Guess I'm gonna have to check out that warranty...

Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^^^ Agreed. These are my 2 only issues with the Panas as well.

^ Man, that sucks. Do immediately check the warranty/call Panasonic. Someone else had a similar problem recently and are receiving a new pair!
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhquanguyen View Post
Bad news. The sound's gone out in one of the buds. The sad part is this has happened to me before, and I always attributed it to my using the earbuds too often while on the go or on the run. So with the Panas, I actually left it alone most of the time I've had it--which is about a few weeks. Guess I'm gonna have to check out that warranty...
You said it happened before with the Pana's or another set???

Old 02-05-2011, 01:06 PM

Oh, sorry to create a panic; this situation happened to me on a pair of Head-Direct RE0s, which I attributed to me being on the go all the time. But that can't be the problem I'm having with the Panas, since I hardly used them since I got them only a couple weeks ago. I think I just got unlucky, since only one other person I've heard of had this problem with the Panas--and he got a new one, anyway.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

He's not the only one I can't state this warning enough: DO NOT GET ANYTHING IN THE VENTS.

Other then that you'll be fine.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 PM

Hello...

Does anyone know of any E-retailers selling them other then Amazon ($230), way over priced considering the price history.

Seems over the last year they have been selling between $90-130 ?

Any link that has them in stock appreciated ..

Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

WOW!!! I paid almost nothing for them,...sold then for less than that. What a bummer!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Right, long disappearance.

(About my disappearance, I can't remember why it happened. Honest. Then after that when I saw ABi I would go "shit, I've been gone for so long, bad idea to go back given what a time hogging site it is. Given my furious rise in post count when I first joined, I guess you know why I call it time hogger. :X)

I've resurrected myself mainly to post the below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3096426
It occured a week ago...

Twas a long and boring night (like most nights before going into camp the next day) so I was basically chatting on MSN with a few of my buddies. Then I decided that I lacked music, so I fired up my Fuze and inserted my HJE900's into my ears.

Next moment I took it out and stared at the shiny navy blue exterior of my HJE900's - the sound they were cranking out had changed so drastically from what they used to output (Link is to my review) that I suspected that someone had played a prank on me and switched my IEMs.

TL;DR : One night my HJE900's opened up.

I had about 500 hours on them at that time (rough estimate) and the new sound was literally as though a veil was lifted and the full capabilities of the driver unleashed.

And no, it wasn't my ears becoming golden overnight or something - sound quality through my other IEMs didn't change.

I could hear mind blowingly minutiae details - subtle nuances - in the tracks that I've never heard before - a dramatic and very significant expansion of soundstage - and it seemed as though a subwoofer had found it's way into the HJE900's (it actually started to remind me of the Atrio's bass, wherein it's more felt than heard!) - and the highs became less sibilant and even more sparkly.

(I'm doing the testing with the Nokia eartips, as per my thread.)

On the same tracks as in the review, the HJE900's still can't catch up with the VB's bass, but in every other area demolishes it.

Now, I've tested some of these tracks on some of the more popular models around here in the period of time between this post and the review - chiefly the TF10 and IE8.

As far as I'm concerned, in the time I spent with the above 2 models, there is absolutely no contest. (Reminder : This is not a troll thread, don't post stupid comments below) The HJE900's I have now simply do almost everything better. Of course, I didn't have as much time to listen to the above 2 models as much as my HJE900's, but hey I don't own them, no choice.
Stick with your Pannies!

They murder the flying shit out of any other IEM I've ever tried after they opened up.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 PM

Glad I'm sticking to cans. . .

Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post
Glad I'm sticking to cans. . .
+1

Old 02-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Tips suck and cord lentth is annoying. Good thing is there's a cure for both

Cord: http://store.sleek-audio.com/replaceable-cable.html
Could @Confispect or anyone who knows tell me if there is any difference between the two cables that sleek-audio sell? the one you mentioned and this one:

SA1 Cable

Do they both fit panas?

tks

minimix

Old 02-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Wrong ones,

Get These: http://store.sleek-audio.com/replaceable-cable.html

Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you @Confispect

minimix

Old 02-12-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimix View Post
Could @Confispect or anyone who knows tell me if there is any difference between the two cables that sleek-audio sell? the one you mentioned and this one:

SA1 Cable

Do they both fit panas?

tks

minimix

I think this cable fits too but has a straight plug.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 AM

this one's cheaper and I hear they work great for over the ear ... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_for_SA6.html, only $14.99 and replacing the plug to a right angled plug is no big deal, either a neutrik or switchcraft would be fine.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc