android
Old 01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Sleek cord is the answer to all your trouble as well as the tips ^ mentioned.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-12-2011, 02:03 PM

Thanks, Kobayashi, for the measurements and advice. I do use the Sony Hybrids, but mainly because they isolate better than other tips that I have tried. And yes, I have small ears (canals) and fit is often an issue.

Confispect, assuming you're referring to the SA6 cable, how would a different cable alleviate fit problems? Is it significantly lighter than the original one?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's not even about the lightness which it is...It's more the angle, with the original the angle is straight with the SA6 it's angled therefore allowing for deeper insertion. Trust me this cord takes the Pana to new heights.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Mine should arrive next week. I hope they don't disappoint my expectations

Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 AM

I ordered mine off Video-Direct for a pretty good price, around $130, which is much less than what it's selling for on Amazon. They shipped it very quickly and it arrived safely, with no problems. Even though I haven't burned them in, the sound is pretty incredible. I'm not the biggest audiophile, but I can say that these are the best sounding earphones I've ever owned. I can't put it into technical terms, but the details are clear and clean, down to the subtlest nuances of the instruments, even at very low volumes (I'm using a Zune HD). The music sounds like it's right in my head, rather than coming from an external source. The tone of it is quite warm. The bass has a good punch, although not enough for bassheads, probably. It also just feels sturdy and luxurious; the phones themselves have a good weight and the cable has a bit of thickness to it that makes it feel more secure. The look of it is also quite classy, which is good for wearing around the office.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Congrats! This is basically exactly how I felt/feel about the Panas - the finest, most balanced and most enjoyable pair of IEMs I have ever plugged into my ears.

So far...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-19-2011, 03:33 AM

Right, long time lurker. And having just read through all 27 pages, it seems like these pannys pretty much fit the description for what I am looking for in IEM's.

I'm still very much an amatuer within this field and will not be afraid to admit that the number of IEM's I own can be counted on one hand. I have, (like so many others) spent my fair share of time listening to sennheiser CX 300's and prior to that Creative EP-630's. Since I've had my main DAP as the Cowon S9, I upgraded to Denon AHC-551's. I really was looking for something around the 50 mark, but with good clarity, not too overpowering but a more contolled bass and basically an abscence of muddy sound.

I notice there are no entrys for Denon IEM's on your spreadsheet dfkt. Is there any reason? If its a matter of availability, I'd be happy to loan you my spare set for comparison purposes.

Well, off to buy the Panasonic RP-HJE900's now, only problem is amazonUK has a delivery time of 3-5 weeks. I really do want them now!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 AM

Those 2 small zirconia creatures make my ears smile, what else could i say.
I have 5 or 6 pair of IEM (q-jays, hippo VB, klipsh, Fisher audio eterna, etc, and nothing sound like this ones). Now the band is complete, all the players are on Stage.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Lol I like this.....Zirconia creatures hi-yah!!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM

I would hope longevity on this $120 IEMs are worth its price?

Old 01-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

By longevity you mean build quality and will it hold up??? If so yes. Just don't get anything in the vents and you'll be fine.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy99 View Post
I would hope longevity on this $120 IEMs are worth its price?
Take my word on it or not - these IEMs are nearly indestructible. And guess what?

They sound pretty damm good too.
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ 1+

Old 01-30-2011, 12:05 AM

I have horrible luck with headphones... the Panasonic HJE900s are the first in ear headphones I have owned that I feel can survive a nuclear attack. BTW, I've had them for 4 months now, and they still look new with daily usage.

Let me put it to you in another way...

I have a pair of ATH-CK7s... those are made out of titanium. The Panas feel 100x stronger than they do.

To quantify its strength... On the Mohs scale of material hardness Diamond ranks a 10... Zirconia (what these are made of) ranks an 8, Titanium (what the ATH-CK7s are made of) ranks a 6, and plastic (what most iems are made of) ranks 3-4. So yeah... almost nothing can even SCRATCH these things let alone cause serious damage to them. Honestly, I don't think they NEED a case stronger than the little pleather case...

Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 PM

ok last question. Through my research theres alot of phony knock offs and fakes for other brands of head phones.
Should I be cautious for fakes of Panasonics?

I found them for around $50 which made me pretty happy to see and alot more motivated to get them. Im just surprized and suspicous considering the oringal retail $120 price tag.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

*Coughs*

50$

Where??? also I doubt there are fakes but I don't know, but seeing as of what there made of....

Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I am with Confispect - 50USD for the Panas? Please show me! And while there are fakes of nearly everything in this game, I have not seen any. It may be kinda tough to fake the Panas anyway, with their distinctive Zirconium housing, shape and the replaceable cables - all stuff that prolly costs too much to copy.

Why bother when there are so many other easier designs to rip off? [Senn, for instance]
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 AM

http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Audio-H...s-RP_HJE70.htm = $59 usd seems legit ??

http://salestores.com/panaso102.html= $32 usd seem like a wrong listing

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Pa...o_Earbuds.html = $129 usd

its apparent to take suspision with such low prices... but I would think $60.. is possible... am I totally wrong?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy99 View Post
http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Audio-H...s-RP_HJE70.htm = $59 usd seems legit ??

http://salestores.com/panaso102.html= $32 usd seem like a wrong listing

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Pa...o_Earbuds.html = $129 usd

its apparent to take suspision with such low prices... but I would think $60.. is possible... am I totally wrong?
those are not the hje900 that everyone raves about. those are HJE70

Old 02-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ This. Huge difference. None of those links are for the Panasonic HJE900 that we are talking about here and pretty much all love.

Beware! Those are completely different and I am pretty sure no one around here has even heard those before.
A Glossary for Newbies