android
Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 PM

Angry Need help with Windows 7

Hi, I found this site while trying to install my Nomad Jukebox Xtra into Windows 7. I read the threads, I tried what was suggested and still no luck. I have a 30GB AND a 40GB and now they are basically useless. The Creative site has them listed as "End Service Life", no more updates. I plan on sending them an email about this!! Seriously? Just because it is a LED screen without all the video and about the size of an original Walkman? Maybe it isn't the most up to date, fancy player but I loved my first one enough to buy a second just for work. Yeah, I get to listen to my mp3 player at work. I refuse to buy an Ipod, but if I can't get these to work, they're going on eBay and I will buy another mp3 player. And it won't be from Creative. They've lost my loyalty with this. I've recommended them for years, never again.
I just got a new computer with Win 7 on it so I'm not familiar with how it all works, plus I don't understand most of the tech stuff anyway. I've already gotten rid of my XP computer so I can't just use that. I've read the threads and some of the suggestions, you might as well have been speaking a foreign language. Could you help, and explain it like you would to a child? Sorry about the rant, but I'm almost in tears. I've gotten new music that I'd love to put on my mp3 player, but I can't. UGH...sniff, sniff.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 PM

Ok. I sent Creative a rather insensed email last night. After sitting here for 5 hours trying to get my new computer to recognize the player, I was at my wits end. I know it isn't the newest player with all the bells and whistles, it doesn't have video and it is big like a walkman, but it gets the job done and I love my players. How hard is it to update the drivers?? I got a response from customer service. Evidently, I need to update my mp3 player's firmware on an XP system and that will cause my new Win7 computer's media player to recognize my mp3 player as a MTP device. Sure, whatever that means (I'm tech impaired pretty much). Now, if I had an XP system to update the firmware wouldn't/couldn't I just run the player on that???? But luckily, my dad still has a computer with XP and I can update the firmware on that. On both my players. I was just going to load my drivers on his computer and run the organizer on that but it is more of a pain in the butt.

My new question, if my Windows Media Player recognizes my Zen as a MTP device, can I still add tracks to my player?? My real issue is I want to be able to add new music to the players. Or do I have to beg my dad for his XP computer when he upgrades? Kinda silly to have an old computer just to run an mp3 player, but hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:58 PM

Ok, So I went to my dad's house to update the firmware on both my mp3 players. His computer loaded the Creative Organizer just fine, and it recognized my player. However, the firmware did not update my mp3 players. Any ideas what I did wrong? I downloaded all the firmware but I kept getting a message that my player wasn't connected (it was) so it wouldn't update. I got frustrated and quit. So, I guess I should clear the players of music and sell them on eBay? Anyone?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:52 AM

Exclamation

Went back to dad's house today armed with detailed instructions and I got one of my players updated. I didn't update the other because when you update the firmware, it clears the player. There is music on the one player that can be found no where else in my collection (I got a ton of stuff from a music messageboard that I'm on, mostly early band demos). The player that had very little on it is now updated and working as a MTP device along with win7. Yay!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:23 PM

Default Updated Firmware and Windows 7

I need to do the same thing wih my 40 GB Zen Xtra. What version of the firmware did you use?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM

This might sound strange but my Zen Nomad Jukebox worked when I had or was using Vista Ultimate with SP2 on it, even the Zen Touch worked as well plus my Zen Vision M's as well, but like I said this is with SP2 on Vista Ultimate and had no hassles what so ever.

As soon as I connected the USB plug it looked for the drivers reqd. and installed them.

Once I updated to Win 7 Ultimate (because Vista was driving me insane) it all stopped. Fingers crossed that SP2 for 7 will fix this, well I hope.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoni View Post
Once I updated to Win 7 Ultimate (because Vista was driving me insane) it all stopped. Fingers crossed that SP2 for 7 will fix this, well I hope.
My Zen Touch that worked in Vista just started working in 7 Home Premium again. It didn't use to, so I just took it in to work and charged it there. Just a few minutes ago I plugged it in to my 7 computer, and the Touch is labelled correctly, the auto-play window comes up, and the player shows "docked".

It doesn't look like it's charging though... further investigation needed. Stay tuned.

EDIT:
Nope, not charging. It's listing "battery" as the power source when I look at the device properties in 7. The port has power, it charges my Sansa Clip+ just fine. That's a pity.

Last edited by Chili; 08-19-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
My Zen Touch that worked in Vista just started working in 7 Home Premium again. It didn't use to, so I just took it in to work and charged it there. Just a few minutes ago I plugged it in to my 7 computer, and the Touch is labelled correctly, the auto-play window comes up, and the player shows "docked".

It doesn't look like it's charging though... further investigation needed. Stay tuned.

EDIT:
Nope, not charging. It's listing "battery" as the power source when I look at the device properties in 7. The port has power, it charges my Sansa Clip+ just fine. That's a pity.
Ok now thats interesting, when you plugged it in to your 7 Home Premium the first time did it work or was it like 1 month or so later it worked. As for me I'm using Win 7 Ultimate Edition but the 64bit version (I dont think the 64bit has anthing to do with it, because both my ZVM's work).

But like I said earlier when I was running or using Vista all my Zens worked.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoni View Post
Ok now thats interesting, when you plugged it in to your 7 Home Premium the first time did it work or was it like 1 month or so later it worked.
My 7 Home Premium is 64-bit, and I have been trying to use the Touch on the laptop since I got it in February (the laptop, not the Zen Touch), but it didn't start working until August 19th when I made that post.

Noteworthy: I distinctly remember that just a few days before the 19th I installed several OS updates that all mentioned "legacy" or "backwards compatibility" in their release notes.

Oh, and the Touch still not charging on the laptop, but since I have been able to locate my AC wall charger that's no longer a problem.