android
Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 AM

Default Cown J3 Bluetooth Problem

I recently purchased Cowon J3 32GB and some sony DR-BT21g bluetooth headphones.

I tried last night to pair them but with no luck. the code on the headphones is 0000, the same for the
cowon j3 player, so not sure why they won't pair. Very frustrating, any help / ideas would be much appreciated. Best Regards
Jules

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 AM

You may have done this already but if you haven't, you still have to enter 0000 on the J3. The option to do so is on the bluetooth screen. The J3 will pair with bluetooth devices with a code of 1234 as well, but for that you need to do the same. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 AM

Hi, i changed the code to 0000 on J3 so that shouldn't be the problem. i have connected the headphones with my blackberry and sony phone no problems. I'm about ready to sell them or send back, no point keeping them if can't connect with my mp3 player. Thanks again and if you hear or have any other ideas would be happy to hear. Jules

Old 07-06-2010, 08:53 AM

Does the J3 see the headphones? If it does, it will connect, I am sure. You just have to fiddle about. I have paired the J3 to 4 different bluetooth devices although it required a bit of jigging about and trying a few times. Once paired, I have had no problems.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 PM

Doesn't seem to see the headphones. maybe i should disconnect and reset all bluetooth connections from headphones and try again.

i did try the cowon j3 first with the headphones but not sure if the
headphones battery was charged enough to pair. will give it another bash tonight. Thanks again.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:24 PM

I've here the same problem with my headphone Philips SHB9000 Bluetooth headset, with other mobile devices it works good and have fast connection but the J3 can't find the headphone, even tried several times with the right password "0000" or "1234"...
Have someone else the same problem with the headphones or better is here who can help me with this problem, it's really frustrating if you can't use your bluetooth headphone with J3

Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 AM

bluetooth has been hit or miss with me. 80 percent of the time it works but there is a 20 percent chance I'll have to turn the headphones on and off and on again just to get the J3 to connect. I'm starting to think the J3 is the problem, because my phones connect to my phone perfectly every time. On occasion they simply just don't want to connect to the J3. Then I'll have a stuttering connection at other times. It's difficult to say which is the problem the phones or the J3, but I'm leaning towards the J3.

At least it works most of the time.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:53 AM

I'm new to the J3 but eager to try out a pair of bluetooth headphones with it (wires are driving me crazy at the moment). Did either of you get this problem sorted? Would you recommend the headphones?

If anyone has a suggestion for a decent pair of BT headphones before I buy a pair I regret I'd be grateful!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:04 AM

Had similar problems. tried to pair Cowon J3 with Sena MH10 headset on the motorbike. Everything told me it was paired, but no sound at all. Turns out you have to turn OFF the Cowon J3 speaker - go into settings then system. the speaker is usually set to ON so that you can listen to music without earphones, but bluetooth wont work with the speaker on. Looked thru the manual but couldn't find anywhere that told you this. sneaky buggers. another issue seems to be that although you pair the cowon with the headset, it drops off after about half an hour of inactivity - going to lunch or something. have to re pair it all the time. pain in the arse. Found the Cowon web site most unhelpful. Can anyone tell me how to keep it paired??

Old 02-18-2012, 09:03 AM

I believe the default setting is "Auto" and not "on" but you are right, setting the speaker to "on" basically doesn't allow you to play music from headphones at all, both bluetooth and wired. S:

Can't help you on getting bluetooth headphones pairing work consistently though - I too always have such issues but with all my bluetooth devices including the cell phone and laptop. :/

Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM

I never got any problem wtih pairing my J3 to bluetooth device.

The problem I've had is - once I play the music on my Bluetooth headsets, the sound breaks very badly - loud buzzing, loud hissing, the singers sound like they have tuberculosis & on the verge of dying. I tried 3 different headsets (all of which, work fine on my sony player). So, I decided my J3 is a DOA, returned it, got a replacement, and still stuck with the same problem. Sigh.......

In the end, I purchased an external bluetooth transmitter (Blubridge) - happy ending, except the transmitter annoyingly takes space & swings about.

Tags
bluetooth, cowon, j3